Friday the 13th strikes again - Item Find Thread - Mar 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, that brings me to a question. Is Spirit very expensive to repair in a superior elite Paladin shield? Assuming a level 33 Holy Shield granting 505% additional defense, we're talking about 1077 total defense for the 12% Superior Sacred Targe vs 956 total defense for the perfect (non-superior) Sacred Targe. 121 extra defense isn't nothing ... but how much extra will it cost each time the bills come due? I can't recall ... Is there a consensus on using superior vs not for a base for Spirit in elite Paladin shields?

Typical repairs should be in the 5 digits gold range. Not really an issue if you're picking up and selling 35K gold items once in a while.

As for superior vs non-superior, it's all preference. Some don't like the high repair costs for such small defensive gains. For others, it's a minor inconvenience. Spirit is such a cheap runeword that may fall in the former category, but if you need to squeeze every last bit of defense, so be it.:)

Reactions: HanShotFirst
@HanShotFirst my god man. This hdin is gonna be sick. Crazy dedication.

I personally won’t make anything that loses durability in a superior base. The repairs are more likely to annoy me than the minuscule chance of the defense difference causing me to die. So no brainer personally. That being said I could understand just going for bigger defense number for fun. Just my 2c.

Couple of lazy Sunday runs and the roll continues.

Don't ask me why but for some reason I've been hoping to find an eth Earth Shifter for a while. This one has high ED even:

1_eth shifter.jpg

I've been lucky with Zods, currently sitting on 4 unused ones after using 3 (eth Death Cleaver, BotD eth GPA, BotD eth BA). This will only hit 8 FPA Fury, and moreover I just made an Earth Shifter Druid recently, but I guess I have to build another one. :D

Maybe it's time for a Zod sept? My stashes have nothing breathtaking but a couple of candidates nonetheless:

Screenshot016.jpg

Screenshot018.jpg

Screenshot012.jpg

Screenshot013.jpg
Screenshot014.jpg
Screenshot015.jpg
Screenshot017.jpg

I think I'll wait a bit longer before I burn through the Zods, hoping for at least one of eth Tomby or eth Stormlash...

Also found a nice addition to the MF SC collection:

Screenshot009.jpg

Grats on the TC87s @ffs The Heaven’s Light would be very nice for a Holy Freeze zealot, if you go the Sept route!

Also @Luhkoh Nice eth Reapers. I really don’t mind that I haven’t found one yet, approaching 90th now because it increases my odds of Tyrael’s, right? Oh, wait, that’s not how it works?

LLD enthusiasts in here can judge this one:
View attachment 60234
@J-Dog not very useful, change it to 3Bo/3WW and it could be ok, but +1 is imo better than +2 combat

Erm... that is not entirely accurate.

The fact that this helm spawned Whirlwind as a staffmod is in fact highly unusual (in 1.10+ patches) and makes it interesting as a novelty at very least.

The facts that it has effective slvl3 Whirlwind, AND slvl3 Warcry, AND +2 BO, AVAILABLE AT CLVL30(!!!) makes this helm one of those exceptional items that could in fact be used as basis of an EFECTIVE HYBRID LVL30 LLD CHAR.

That is not something common by any means... this really is a freakin' crazy helm... for that. For general PvM, it's so much shiny junk. And it's not like it couldn't be better... but really, the fact that it is makes it awesome enough... more would just be too ridiculous for such a niche item.

EDIT:
to elaborate, its gives two clvl30 skills at values higher than are attainable at base. Beyond that, it further boosts any main attack skill of lower level one may have also focused in, as well as boosting your main defensive skill. Everything else about this item is moot. These features alone make it of extreme usefulness to the particulars of LLD and really is quite godly... for an LLD barb

Last edited:
Reactions: Zyr and J-Dog
Some self-found upgrade for Blackstar, found in Act 3:
IZL0cLbl.jpg

Code:
Sharp Grand Charm of Inertia
Grand Charm
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0x795f84fc
Item Level: 80
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+7% Faster Run/Walk
+9 to Maximum Damage
+72 to Attack Rating

Replace a bow skiller with 32 life... well i would have preferred life instead of FRW, but damage-wise it will help a lot!

@ffs I have a 2% off perfect Heaven's Light that has all perfect stats everywhere else and have always wanted to find a Zod to go in it. I know it is no Grief, but it is way cooler. I have never found a Zod in 20 years of D2 playing, so I'm not holding my breath lol. Your Zod finding is 1337 apparently!!!

After clearing out my Zealer doing Trav runs of gold this gambling sessinon, I gambled these amulets back to back. I know they aren't crazy good, but I thought maybe the Druid one could be useful on a Shapeshifting build and I haven't completed a Shapeshifter since I believe 1.09 days online. The barbarian one would have been nice with life instead of mana, but maybe it has its usage for teleporting? I'm not for sure. But here they are.

Code:
Rune Noose
Amulet
Required Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0xd6b16eb2
Item Level: 96
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
6% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +5
Cold Resist +22%
Lightning Resist +12%
Damage Reduced by 1

Entropy Collar
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x212b5b67
Item Level: 91
+2 to Barbarian Skill Levels
+2 to Minimum Damage
6% Mana stolen per hit
+82 to Mana
All Resistances +18

Reactions: d2lover
Another very useful early claw at only level 12, especially since the finder is focusing in the presumably bitter (since the skill is underused and undervalued) fists of fire. Thanks to the prevent monster heal that thing will be handy to keep stashed later as well.

3a2.JPEG

Reactions: d2lover
After so many rings from Nithalthack (including more Wedding Bands than I'm really comfortable with) I had finally given up hope. It actually took me a couple seconds to process what I was seeing and I even moused over another ring because I should have been looking at another Naglering. Finally it clicked, I swapped out my BKWB, and I'm loving being able to run without the need for potions (at least not for most runs).

Code:
The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0xb1926fac
Item Level: 95
+1 to All Skills
Adds 1 - 12 Lightning Damage
+20 to Mana
Increase Maximum Mana 25%

Been running all different kinds of areas - doing some travs with my gold finder and this dropped.

Screenshot022.jpg

Also got a warcries grand charm and this ohm in CS earlier

Screenshot018.jpg

Nabbed another Maras off Pindle as well trying out my javazon as a mfer

Screenshot019.jpg

Some other notable drops like a 10% andy's and some other skillers here and there in the last few days.

Blackstar has ended her Matriarch journey. Here are some other nice drops!
Code:
Graverobber's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xa3ff6e9d
Item Level: 80
+1 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)

eIqI2Irl.jpg

Code:
Viperfork
Mancatcher
Two Hand Damage: 124 - 272
Durability: 22 of 28
Required Level: 71
Required Strength: 132
Required Dexterity: 134
Fingerprint: 0xaad4b6be
Item Level: 82
15% Chance to cast level 9 Poison Explosion on striking
+50% Increased Attack Speed
196% Enhanced Damage
+229 to Attack Rating
Adds 325 Poison Damage Over 10 Secs (250 Frames)
Poison Resist +49%

vur9vhTl.jpg

Note: the GC was crappy fire res
Code:
Bonehew
Ogre Axe
Two Hand Damage: 113 - 585
Durability: 37 of 50
Required Level: 64
Required Strength: 195
Required Dexterity: 75
Fingerprint: 0x2d980212
Item Level: 94
50% Chance to cast level 16 Bone Spear on striking
+30% Increased Attack Speed
304% Enhanced Damage
Prevent Monster Heal
Level 14 Corpse Explosion (12/30 Charges)
2 Sockets (0 used)

bg5Vulel.jpg

Code:
Leviathan
Kraken Shell
Defense: 1572
Durability: 47 of 48
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 174
Fingerprint: 0xe8b9bad1
Item Level: 86
Indestructible
+174% Enhanced Defense
+137 Defense
+47 to Strength
Damage Reduced by 19%

So, I'm not much into Assassins... that may be putting it mildly, let's go full disclosure: I have not even as much as finished Nightmare with an Assassin. It's not that I find them that distasteful... I've enjoyed one or two of the ones I have played, but that's always been as part of a group, as if left to me, I'll leave that char for a break to do some Trav/alvl85/etc. and feel slightly guilty about not getting back to it until I manage to push it far enough down the list that it no longer crosses my mind.

Despite all this, I do pick and ID (and even keep some) elite claws. Even if I don't really know much of anything specific or technical about what makes a given claw better than another claw for a given build, I do read things written by people I have a notion may in fact know exactly what all that is, and why, and might even tell me about this (again) if I can manage to raise thier interest...

Screenshot022.jpg

Does lack of +skills affix totally kill it? I realize it isn't jackpot, but seems like it could hold the slot until such is found... Hit Causes Monster to Flee should only be triggered on striking, so don't hit them until you can be fairly certain of a 'OHK'... from the little Trapper I have played, didn't seem like stragglers would be big issue... but see that whole first paragraph...

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High