Two Hand Damage: 15 - 78
Durability: 44 of 55
Required Level: 58
Required Strength: 108
Required Dexterity: 152
Fingerprint: 0xb4a7b295
Item Level: 81
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
9% Enhanced Damage
+3 to Attack Rating 4 Sockets (0 used)

A few casual lunch break runs in AT to recalibrate myself to blizzard sorc after RFL round 1 and java. These runs happened back to back. Well, of course Kira's isn't anything amazing and I don't think I will ever again find a better Griffon's than I did in December (it was all perfect except for base defence roll of 58), but this lunch break netted me both unique circlet type items in existence.

Griffon.jpg
Kira.jpg

Griffon's Eye
Diadem
Defense: 202
Durability: 15 of 20
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0xa20d53f9
Item Level: 88
Unidentified
+1 to All Skills
+25% Faster Cast Rate
-18% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+12% to Lightning Skill Damage
+152 Defense

After a last Gul drop from LK, finally could craft a HC CtA! Rolled 442
Code:
Call to Arms
Superior Flail
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 3 - 85
Durability: 34 of 34
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 41
Required Dexterity: 35
Fingerprint: 0xc7c21a57
Item Level: 80
+1 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
255% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Attack Rating
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+4 to Battle Command
+4 to Battle Orders
+2 to Battle Cry
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Increase Maximum Durability 14%
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Amn Rune
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune
Socketed: Ohm Rune

I was doing CS run to level up my Hdin. Found this :

Capture d’écran 2020-04-01 à 18.32.31.png

Finally got my first ! Diablo dropped it. So, I moved a few pieces of equipment around to make sure that my Hdin got 125 fcr and, cool. 125 does make a huge difference in the gameplay.

Also decided to up the equipment of my merc. He was wearing a simple Steelskull/Duriel Shell combo, but I decided to roll my first Fortitude armor for him.

Capture d’écran 2020-04-01 à 19.15.42.png

And it rolled perfect. Sweet. Not that it makes a big difference, but still fun. And, well, the amount of defense on that thing is just disgusting. We're looking at 18k defense for that Defiance merc. Since I don't care about him doing damage, I slapped a Steel Shade with a perfect +11 Fire Absorb on him. Now, only Conviction Venom Lords have a chance at killing him.

Also found this :

Capture d’écran 2020-04-01 à 19.04.04.png

It is my leading candidate for my first Infinity (which is the goal of my RFL this year). Anyway, good stuff.

More 1.07 junk. This patch is really fun!

Code:
Prefix 849 Grand Charm of Life
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Item Version: Expansion
Fingerprint: 0x131130a2
+9 to Life
+19 to Maximum Damage

Shadow Tread
Greaves
Defense: 20
Durability: 22 of 24
Required Strength: 70
Required Level: 16
Fingerprint: 0x48f71494
+36 to Mana
+29% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +9%
58% Extra Gold from Monsters
30% Faster Run/Walk

Prefix 1026 Gothic Plate of the Squid <-4os from Larzuk, anyone? My only two regrets are that there aren't many good Armour Prefixes and Gothic is heavy :(
Defense: 129
Durability: 55 of 55
Required Strength: 70
Required Level: 30
Item Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x7f324299
+80 to Life
Cold Resist +20%

Now I don't want to seem ungrateful, but if these rare set items could maybe be replaced with something similarly rare but actually useful for an untwinked Assassin???

Screenshot002.jpgJyn-Tals-Amulet.jpg

Reactions: Luhkoh and Babyhell
@Arctodus huge congrats! Once you go 125 fcr you cant go back ^^. And sick kraken shell fort, I have one too and love the armor graphic. Did you not find another eth elite polearm that got 4os in cube over 20 hours of cows? Thats super unlucky. That being said, if you have the runes and a character who wants to use it, I wouldn't hesitate to make infinity in the CV. Does your merc live fine without leech now that you switched to steel shade? I ran steel shade, coh, insight on mine awhile and liked it a lot, but he kept dying at de seis (but you might be doing 2 seal runs?), so vamp gaze, fort, insight ended up being my go-to setup for him. Also, while defiance merc is a great choice here, i like HF merc so much on hdin that I'll ask if you've tried it? Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Arctodus
@Luhkoh Nah, still don’t have a better base for Infinity. I made a quick inventory of all my polearms before posting and yeah, that’s what I got.

Other than that, the merc has had absolutely no survivability problem yet, and I’ve ran that setup for about 2h on p7. At de Deis, I don’t directly telestomp the pack; I lure his mobs in my hammers then Tele on de Seis when the herd has been thinned a bit. It’s a very safe approach. And, with Steel Shade, I can take a shower in Venom Lords without seeing either my life or my merc’s even budge. So yeah, I no problem with this approach yet.

However, maybe telestomping de Seis would work with Vamp ? Is it what you’re suggesting ? Maybe I’ll try. However, the merc will probably lose some survivability against Venom Lords, no ?

Other than that, do you overstack fire res to prevent Conviction packs in CS ? If so, how much fire res is worth overstacking ? I’m overstack by about 35. I’m also wearing Dwarf Star, so maybe I’m overkill on fire res. I could drop DS and wear a Nagel or something.

Haven’t tried HF merc either. Maybe I will. But I really like that 13k defense on myself (level 89 and Holy Shield hasn’t been maxed yet) and his 18k (and that’s before the Chilling Armor proc :p). I feel supersafe with this setup. And monsters are gathering faster towards my hammers, so I guess there are some advantages to not using HF.

However, I’ll try stuff around. I’m still new to that Hdin thing, so great suggestions !

Reactions: Luhkoh
@Arctodus No sir. Do not telestomp de seis without luring the minions away first if you value your exp :p. I did mean the merc was dying even with me trying a similar approach to what you're saying, but maybe i should try the setup again. As far as vs venom lords, yes he goes from immortal except vs conviction to rarely having issues except vs conviction. So right now with my setup he is worse against infector than yours but better against de seis, and I think he somehow still dies more vs de seis. Though tbh he dies most against diablo's firestorm from me neglecting to dodge it, so that's a point in favor of steel shade.

For the life of me I cannot decide what setup I like best in CS on the hdin himself. Guess there's no reason to and I can keep switching it up. Even though I have a 2/20 amulet my two favorite setups dont involve it. I like 1. rising sun (can run negative fire res and conviction infector is like a full rejuv, and never have to pot or use redemption, just tele into a venom lord pack instead) and 2. maras/trangs/hotspur with 10 points in resist fire for 95 fire res. With the latter setup I am overstacked something ridiculous since I also have some fire res scs. Like 71 fire res under conviction I think. The first can stack more mf (have like just under 300mf on first setup and just under 200 on second) and the second feels overall more tanky (but it's close) and has more life and dmg. I thought I would always say rising sun had most run comfort, but maras hotspur is so cushy I say they're even in that regard.

With regard to defiance vs holy freeze, what you say is true. But I think as long as it procs, the dmg reduction from HF > damage reduction from defiance. And while herding is perhaps slower, the enemies also stay at the same spot getting pounded by your hammers longer, and its easier to catch extra fast de seis etc. Pros and cons, but I would say it's definitely worth trying both. Love a good hdin discussion. Everybody acts like hes the MOST cookie cutter build, and he does work well easily, but I've found there's a lot of variation possible in his gear that I find interesting.

Edit: also to answer your res overstacking question more directly, this is assuming no rising sun ofc (if rising sun I neglect fire res completely), I would want at least 60 fire res after conviction. With dwarf star, this means 43 fire res after conviction. I'm a comfort junky though, and this is purely personal preference. I know a guy who 99'd a hdin with flat 75 fire res before conviction so he could stack a boatload of mf. I did try this out and gave it up super quickly ;).

Last edited:
Reactions: Arctodus
I spend 30 minutes writing a really long post on Hammerdin and Mercenary setups for CS. But then it hit me. After Enigma it's all about personal preference and focus (XP/MF/RF/General fun). I've tried way too many setups to list here and they all have pros/cons. It's just about balancing them out in a way that suits your playstyle. And also some vary in how good they are depending on the gear you have access to. Generally it's a balance between Kill Speed / Survivability / Fire Resistance stack vs Fire Absorb / MF.

As far as Mercenary setups go this is the conclusion I've come up with
Best setup for /p7 Boss packs + 3-Seal + Diablo
Weapons: 'Insight' eth Thresher
Armor: ebugged 'Fortitude'
Helm: Vampire Gaze (+IAS jewel/Cham)

Best setup for 2-seal runs
Armor: ebugged 'CoH'
Helm: Steel Shade (+IAS jewel/Cham)

Reactions: Luhkoh
@b1ur if you feel like it, I would still enjoy hearing your thoughts on different setups. Only restriction I would put on it is comfortable p7+ runs where you dont die often. If we start talking about p1 or p3 mf stuff, then things change a lot ofc. Iirc, you like walterwalks? Meant to mention those. The extra life you get from using them is enormous, but I found my desire for more fire res after conviction controlled it for me.

I would also love to be putting my 2/20 amulet to use, and a setup with hellmouths is pretty comfortable. I ran with that for a while, but it didn't feel as good to me as rising sun or maras setup.

Oh, well, you got me. p7 is what I always run with focus being on comfort and survivability so I got you covered there.

I'll go over the 2 standard setups first (which mine isn't)

Hotspur Fire Resistance stack
Weapon: HotO Flail
Shield: Spirit ST @45, 35fcr
Helm: Harlequin Crest 'Ral/Rare jewel with FRes+'
I've also tried 1.07 Shako but I don't like it as much. No mana, no DR.
Armor: Enigma
Gloves: Trang-Oul's Claws
Belt: Arachnid Mesh
Boots: Hotspur
Amulet: Mara's
Ring: Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring: Rare 10FCR FRes++
Charms: Gheed's, enough FRes SC's to hit 90% under Conviction (preferably of Vita/Sustenance/Good Luck), rest PCombat or of Vita SC's. I usually go for 30+life PCombats only, but that's a HC thing.

This is a VERY good all around setup no doubt. Hotspur allows you to equip a Mara's which in turn boosts both your BO and damage. Since it is a more charm expansive setup I would not go this route unless I got the charms covered (almost no plain FRes SC's).

Rising Sun Fire Absorb
Helm: Harlequin Crest 'Ist/PRuby/Ber'
Boots: Defensive - Waterwalk; MF - War Traveller
Amulet: Rising Sun
Ring: Rare 10FCR MF DEX etc.
Both setups from previous post work well, Steel Shade/CoH is edging it slightly since your merc can easily survive telestomping Infector.
Charms: Gheed's, SC's of Good Luck/Vita, PCombats. I usually prefer of Vita SC's over everything else.

This is obviously more of a 2-Seal run setup since it completely shuts down Venom Lords. Much better for MF since you can put an Ist in Harly, use a 10FCR MF ring, use Travs and more freedom for plain 7mf sc's.

Waterwalks Fire Resistance stack
Helm: Harlequin Crest 'Vex'
Boots: Waterwalk
Amulet: Mara's
Charms: Same as Hotspur setup

This is a very close setup to the Hotspur one, the only difference are boots and Harly socket. It sacrifices 5% max fire resistance and fire res from boots for a bigger life pool. Requires better charms to top Hotspur setup.

Waterwalk/Hotspur Fire Resistance stack + HoZ
Shield: Herald of Zakarum 'Vex/Ber/Jah/PRuby' or 'eth+Zod'
Helm: 2/20+++ Circlet to be worth it 'Vex/Ber/FRes Jewels etc'
Boots: Waterwalk/Hotspur depending ot Circlet/HoZ sockets
Amulet: 2/15+FCR ++
Charms: Same as Hotspur setup. Since you have more life and more resistances with this setup you can go all out damage or life. Or balance to taste.

This is a ridiculously expansive setup which requires 2 very niche pieces to work at all. Unless you also have MF on Amulet and Circlet it's also not very good in that department. BUT both damage and life are much higher than with any Spirit/Harly setup if you happen to have those niche pieces.
*note: In all 3 non Rising Sun setups you can use Dwarf Star instead if you feel like you need a bit of fire absorb.

The other ones I've experimented with are with lesser gear available so it's not really worth sharing.

To come back on topic. I did a few productive AT runs.
Code:
Windforce 
Hydra Bow 
Two Hand Damage: 35 - 531 
Durability: 44 of 55 
Required Level: 73 
Required Strength: 134 
Required Dexterity: 167 
Fingerprint: 0x41bf5c1c 
Item Level: 87 
Unidentified 
+20% Increased Attack Speed 
250% Enhanced Damage 
+293 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level) 
8% Mana stolen per hit 
Knockback 
+10 to Strength 
+5 to Dexterity 
Heal Stamina Plus 30% 

Executioner's Justice 
Glorious Axe 
Two Hand Damage: 224 - 463 
Durability: 31 of 50 
Required Level: 75 
Required Strength: 164 
Required Dexterity: 55 
Fingerprint: 0xfde06099 
Unidentified 
50% Chance to cast level 6 Decrepify when you Kill an Enemy 
+30% Increased Attack Speed 
274% Enhanced Damage 
-33% Target Defense 
25% Chance of Crushing Blow
Not bad.

HC craft again.

I finally decided to put in use the Vex granted by @D2DC at my restart, crafting an Hoto, rolled 36 allres :)

Code:
Heart of the Oak
Flail
KoVexPulThul
One Hand Damage: 1 - 24
Durability: 23 of 30
Required Level: 55
Required Strength: 41
Required Dexterity: 35
Fingerprint: 0x51db593
Item Level: 83
+3 to All Skills
+40% Faster Cast Rate
+75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
7% Mana stolen per hit
+10 to Dexterity
Replenish Life +20
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
All Resistances +36
Level 4 Oak Sage (25/25 Charges)
Level 14 Raven (60/60 Charges)
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ko Rune
Socketed: Vex Rune
Socketed: Pul Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune

I picked up a Barbarian, Mord, who was sitting at ~level 40 and brought him up to level 81 and Hell Travincal. It wasn't long before our first find:

Screenshot056.jpg

... which gave me the runes to cube up a Lo and make a second Grief for him, which is nice.
Code:
Grief
Phase Blade
EthTirLoMalRal
One Hand Damage: 31 - 35
Indestructible
Required Level: 59
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 136
Fingerprint: 0xab89a868
35% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
+39% Increased Attack Speed
Damage +353
Ignore Target's Defense
-25% Target Defense
+151% Damage to Demons (Based on Character Level)
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
-22% to Enemy Poison Resistance
20% Deadly Strike
Prevent Monster Heal
+2 to Mana after each Kill
+13 Life after each Kill
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Eth Rune
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Lo Rune
Socketed: Ral Rune

... which replaces the offhand Oath I made for him, only yesterday, in a 1.07 eth Balrog Blade. Poor old Oath!
Code:
Oath
Balrog Blade
ShaelPulMalLum
One Hand Damage: 96 - 491
Two Hand Damage: 359 - 777
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Level: 53
Required Strength: 175
Required Dexterity: 77
Fingerprint: 0x4ff2b9b7
Version: Expansion
30% Chance to cast level 20 Bone Spirit on striking
Indestructible
+50% Increased Attack Speed
339% Enhanced Damage
+75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
Prevent Monster Heal
+10 to Energy
+10 Magic Absorb
Level 16 Heart of Wolverine (19/20 Charges)
Level 17 Iron Golem (13/14 Charges) 
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Shael Rune
Socketed: Pul Rune
Socketed: Lum Rune

Also found this:
Code:
Pestilent Grand Charm of Anthrax
Grand Charm
Required Level: 34
Fingerprint: 0x7bdc784b
Item Level: 85
Adds 301 Poison Damage Over 12 Secs (300 Frames)

Love a two affix poison charm :D

@b1ur very nice! thats a nice list and covers all the good ones i know of except some variants with hellmouth. Thanks for posting it!
Is Hellmouth even worth it? The absorb is too low. I'd go for 1.07 LoH if you're looking to cover the Fire problems with the glove slot. Otherwise there are much better options survivability-wise there. Like Bloodfist or Draculs (LPK is really nice). Also there's Chancies for massive MF.

Some recent finds while questing with my latest character:

Code:
Smoking Small Charm of Inertia
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 56
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 80
Fingerprint: 0xe6a7cbac
Adds 4-17 fire damage
3% Faster Run/Walk

Pain Visor
Circlet
Defense: 90
Durability: 32 of 35
Required Level: 43
Item Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0xd32b3374
+10 to Strength
+12 to Dexterity
+29 to Life
+193% Enhanced Defense
+1 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)
Socketed (2: 0 used)

Imp Greaves
Sharkskin Boots
Defense: 66
Durability: 11 of 14
Kick Damage: 28 to 50
Required Strength: 47
Required Level: 25
Item Level: 71
Fingerprint: 0xc0b593f6
+67% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +14%
Lightning Resist +9%
16% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
20% Faster Run/Walk
10% Faster Hit Recovery

Stone Song
Dimensional Blade
One-Hand Damage: 20 to 56
Durability: 14 of 20
Required Dexterity: 60
Required Strength: 85
Required Level: 38
Sword Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 71
Fingerprint: 0x413acbc6
+61% Enhanced Damage
+85 to Attack Rating
Adds 1-3 fire damage
Adds 4-8 cold damage over 4 seconds
40% Increased Attack Speed
+1 to Mana After Each Kill
+0 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)

Reactions: d2lover and Luhkoh
@b1ur definitely can be worth it in certain situations I think. Adds a lot to run comfort when you dont have 90+ fire res and overstacked fire res. Flat 75 fire res (little to no overstack) with hellmouth is pretty comfortable. Though less comfortable than the other setups we've discussed, and ofc nothing like the fire immunity with rising sun. For instance I would rather run 2/20amu, hellmouth, war travs than maras, trangs, war travs. Just an example. I think @ffs used hellmouth some with his 99er pala too. I can't comment on 1.07 LoH filling this slot better though since I dont time travel. Might not be worth listing in the "main setups" that you listed, but its pretty much the only other slot I feel like one may want to run in certain situations, if we're being sorta comprehensive for "good" setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High