D2R General Chat

Has anyone checked to see if you can put a Gheed's in the shared stash? I've already learned you can't put Wirt's Leg in there, but I'm hoping that's because it's flagged as quest item.

I just tested with Gheed's today. You can put multiple Gheed's in the shared stash. You can still only pick up one of them. But hey, that completely removes the need for hot swapping.

This might be obvious or mentioned elsewhere but I'm mentioning it too here for people -

The item spacing option that is only available to be changed in the "online" screen affects games/characters created in the "offline" category as well. With "legacy" item spacing, items are dropped close together but slightly farther apart than in 1.14, and with "resurrected" item spacing items are dropped comically far apart.

This might be obvious or mentioned elsewhere but I'm mentioning it too here for people -

The item spacing option that is only available to be changed in the "online" screen affects games/characters created in the "offline" category as well. With "legacy" item spacing, items are dropped close together but slightly farther apart than in 1.14, and with "resurrected" item spacing items are dropped comically far apart.

Awesome. I like that much better.

This is under the little gear icon on the bottom of the screen for creating online games. You can go in, change item spacing to Legacy, apply and exit the dialog.

@NorthDakota, I capped my framerate the other day and noticed that load times were a bit longer. I need to check this out.

I like the framecap because it helps smooth out stuttering. maybe what i will do is pick a framerate target and use dynamic resolution scaling to stay near it. gotta test this out tomorrow.

I have one question. What is the refresh rate of your monitor? I am using a 60hz tv.

Reactions: Miron
@NorthDakota, I capped my framerate the other day and noticed that load times were a bit longer. I need to check this out.

I like the framecap because it helps smooth out stuttering. maybe what i will do is pick a framerate target and use dynamic resolution scaling to stay near it. gotta test this out tomorrow.

I have one question. What is the refresh rate of your monitor? I am using a 60hz tv.
144hz monitor here it's all I got so it's all I can test on. It's a freesync monitor so I don't get any stuttering issues, I can slap on enhanced sync and freesync and I'm good to go. So yeah.. I don't really have good advice for folks that need cap or vsync for smooth gameplay, but maybe some people can get something out of it.

Last edited:
I kind of like the new dropping of items. I imagine it as things flying everywhere because the chest/rock/stash is so full.

Reactions: coju

Can't wait to try it!!! Thanks a lot and thanks @jjscud for additional details!

Started 15s loads, down to 12s without sound, and now about 9s with no frame cap/vsync. Thanks @NorthDakota, getting better.

Now the only thing in the way is new job which seems is a coin flip everyday if we’re working late lmao. Oh well, money is great!

Last edited:
baal EXP is still capped at /p3 in d2r. ran on my 97 sorcy. exp recorded after waves (start exp) and then again after baal death (end exp). 2 subsequent runs.

start expend expdifference/baal exp
players 32994823478299489218068702
players 82995095704299516440668702

Reactions: Kartongen and ffs
People is running Torches so I guess the game works ok.. So what's wrong with my smiter?

He is Fanatic Zealot 1pt smiter (no Enigma in D2R so he needs zeal).

Anni Diablo dies quick and smoothly. Izual too. But Lilith and Duriel :/ Lilith's health bar goes quickly down to 2-3 pixels but not further. Duriel doesn't go even that far. I can bam them until my gear breaks but they won't die!

I have tried 'Black' Scourge and 'Grief' PB.

Other gear: Guillaume's, Exile, upped Goblin toes, 1.07 LoH for fire absorb and TGods.

Any ideas?

m4ke

Here's a video of me doing meph. You can see my load times are quite good. Definitely not a "tournament only" version of the game for me - can farm hard np. Had a fun find at the end of the recording.

Anyways, everyone's seen meph runs but thought maybe some folks would want to see some regular farming. Video recording is only 60 fps however I get between 100 and 144 fps and I will say that playing with high frames is the sexiest experience. Don't think I can go back to the choppy chop.

Reactions: teddeeboy and Miron
People is running Torches so I guess the game works ok.. So what's wrong with my smiter?

He is Fanatic Zealot 1pt smiter (no Enigma in D2R so he needs zeal).

Anni Diablo dies quick and smoothly. Izual too. But Lilith and Duriel :/ Lilith's health bar goes quickly down to 2-3 pixels but not further. Duriel doesn't go even that far. I can bam them until my gear breaks but they won't die!

I have tried 'Black' Scourge and 'Grief' PB.

Other gear: Guillaume's, Exile, upped Goblin toes, 1.07 LoH for fire absorb and TGods.

Any ideas?

m4ke
The equipment looks right, what armor you use?

For duriel I don't use Exile, using HoZ and Reaper's Toll on merc.

My set up:
G-Face
Highlord's
Stormlash
HoZ/Exile
CoH
LoH
Gores

I'm planning to replace Stormlash with Grief or Last Wish for more speed.

Last edited:
@NorthDakota Thanks for confirming re Baal's P3 cap and useful performance tips. I tried a few and at seems to help a tiny bit at least.

Same for pointing out the legacy option re item cluttering. Gotta say I like the new setting for Travincal Barb, because in conjunction with the gold auto pickup it seems to actually solve his cluttering problems there, to large degree at least. But I can imagine the legacy option is way better for LK.

Lilith's health bar goes quickly down to 2-3 pixels but not further.
She does take longer but this sounds like you hit er with only CB and basically no raw damage. :) Should not happen with Grief ín any case? I am by no means an Uber Tristram expert, but could imagine build (1p Smite) does make a difference as well. Gear should work fine except IMO all that absorb isn't needed with life tap and good health pool.

Also you seem to miss open wounds (Gore Rider or Dracul's)?

FWIW, this is the Smiter I used to farm my torches, he was the first SC char I forwarded to D2R with some standard gear:

GFace (Um)
Grief
Exile
Enigma for ingredients, CoH for Tristram
Dracul's
Gore Rider
Arach
Mara's
Racen
Wisp

Simple and safe, doubling down with Dracul's. Could be geared for faster running for sure, but so far I didn't want to forward anything "harder to farm" like Last Wish or good CB gloves, craft belts etc... kept such items in 1.14 with my other SC chars for now.

Reactions: Miron
The other thing with Trav Barb is the easier gambling makes getting rid of that gold easier too.

Another thanks for the Legacy Item Spacing tip.

Here's a video of me doing meph. You can see my load times are quite good. Definitely not a "tournament only" version of the game for me - can farm hard np. Had a fun find at the end of the recording.

Thanks for this and all the tweaking with settings you have been doing. Long load times were really the only concern I had left about whether to give D2R a shot or not. I'll still probably wait around for a bit as I'm in no hurry, but it is nice to see that it seems that not too much will be sacrificed.

Reactions: maxicek
When things are settled down a bit we need a Single Player D2R FAQ or something.

Any volunteers? :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High