D2R General Chat

Do the connection issues affect offline characters at all?
There must be some aspect of online that has some sort of impact on exit times and loading the character select menu. I had some save&exits that took 30 seconds, I disconnected my internet, now I'm getting exits in like 2-3 seconds.

Edit: Okay now I'm reconnected to the internet and my save & exit times are pretty good - very comparable to 1.14. We'll see how it goes in different locations. It's pretty quick overall from everywhere in act 1 I've tried. There were some situations where save&exit was quite slow in 1.14 - like after killing eldritch or pindle save and exit could be really slow, possibly also where many skill effects were currently on screen. So if this faster save and exit time holds then it could be potentially even faster. Game load times are pretty quick but definitely not quite as fast.

Edit 2: just had another super long exit...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: coju
Yeah, took me 35 seconds to S&E the last game...wow, maybe I really only use D2R for tournament characters but MFing will be done in Legacy....
Must be more to it that simply D2R. My S&E is faster than my legacy D2. It's around 2 seconds where 1.14 was 5-7.

Update
Ick, brought in my LK runner as planned, it took me closer to 40 seconds on S&E. It's really painful.

Update 2
Tele'ed back to waypoint and exited in town and was super fast again. Hopefully they get this sorted out but there are some possibilities on some runs to speed it up.

Edit 3:
I set the players to P7 and after S&E and a character switch and coming back in I have my doubts as to it still being set. I don't think I did enough to say anything with any certainty, but something to keep an eye on.

Last edited:
Ok, I am pretty sure that player setting is reset to 1 after you S&E ... will be annoying if you try to run targets at higher player settings with low run times. Esp. with the S&E times... :rolleyes:

Switch play leaves a bit to be desired thus far, but we'll see how it goes in the future. As far as I know, there is currently no way to change /players setting, and potions being on the d-pad makes them a bit difficult to use quickly. Any sort of shopping or menuing is quite slow/clunky as well, but it's more or less what I would have expected for a console port. A fun way to play on the go, but definitely not for anything serious.

E: Apparently you can bind weapon switch to one of your 12 keybinds in common bindings page.

Last edited:
Just getting home so finally gonna go dive in, figures i would work late today but it is what it is, hope your all enjoying it so far!

Re: bug fixes

Anyone know whether 1.07 Raven Claw still works? My plan is to start new toons, but with my old leveling gear.
FYI, did not try the 1.07 RC, but none of my sigons transferred. Ditto Deaths belt. All were equipped on a lvl 1 toon FWIW. Take care forwarding anything valuable.

Reactions: D2DC
Opening my stashes in the new gomule version shows zero items. Is anyone else having success opening old stashes?

Opening my stashes in the new gomule version shows zero items. Is anyone else having success opening old stashes?
Came here to ask you all the same question - I got my characters transferred over fine, but no luck with getting the .d2x stashes working as .d2i's on D2R version of GoMule.

Also hello to everyone, I used to post and trade a bit on the old SPF back in 09'-12', having restarted around last year, slowly MFing self found and then went into overdrive the past month at LK and such in anticipation of transferring over to D2:R.

Did a preliminary run with my Hammerdin at pits earlier to get a feel for the shiny newness and this dropped (after one popped out of a LK chest last night!) - my flirtation with making a Fortitiude for a parked Wolf Druid has now shifted to perhaps rebuilding a dual-grief WW Barb I used to have...

Lo rune 2 9-23-21.png

It may take some time to code the new shared stash into GoMule-d2r. It's released just few hours ago to public =)

m4ke

Reactions: coju
FYI, did not try the 1.07 RC, but none of my sigons transferred. Ditto Deaths belt. All were equipped on a lvl 1 toon FWIW. Take care forwarding anything valuable.
Replying to myself. LOL.

Created second (1.14) character and used Gomule to load twinking items into stash (Sigons, Death, etc.) but NOT equipped. Uploaded fine and simply dumped into shared stash. FWIW.

Reactions: NorthDakota
I made a small amount of progress with my brand new Sorceress. Honestly, I'm still spending a lot of time just working out the options and controls. I'm finding it a lot harder to get back into the swing of things than I expected. All the game knowledge is coming back pretty well, but the muscle memory is not. It's pretty much a miracle that I haven't got my sorceress killed yet.

I full cleared up to the Jail WP. I think some countess runs are slated for tomorow to get some of the early runewords. (I've already shopped a +2 fireball 2os staff!)

I finished act 1, enjoying my trapsin so far, found some arctic furs and am going to farm some more runes later but think im gonna take a break for the night as im tired as hell. Game plays great so far though and the graphics are spot on imo. Will dive deeper this weekend.

Imported chars with some time travel items to test out how they transfer over

1.07 eth thresh d2r.png

beta cta in d2r.png

1.07 arkaines d2r.png

Everything maintaining how they should be when imported.

Edit: still playing, lack of importing my stashes is really hindering testing different things out. Got to grab items from old stashes, put into char inventory/actual stash, load character, transfer to new stash made in d2rgomule to get them functioning in d2r.. not really feasible for hundreds of thousands of items.

Overall thoughts.. game is hard to look at for my old eyes. Like it's all too smooth and flashy, visual clarity is lower, more eyegasm though. It's so weird to play like this like it's too smooth XD It's really something. Baal runs seem more enjoyable for some reason. Really loving discovering the new looks on my characters. Definitely gives a bit of character to your .. characters. My sorceresses all sorta looked the same before - but if you have different armor on them now they look very distinct from each other and it lends a really cool individuality to each character that wasn't present before. Loving it. All the unique/set armor looks are so sick. Skill looks as well are bananas. Hydra looks absolutely insane now. It's just weird how everything looks in a way very the same as before but is so animated and lively, really goofs with my mind.

Some other interesting things, some areas are like way different looking than before due to new lighting. Ancient tunnels is super dark. Very very dark feels so dark. Really hard to pick out boss monsters quickly, though as I've played more I'm finding that I'm adjusting well. Some areas look spot on, same light levels same feel, like wsk areas and the throne feel exact on. It's great.

Last edited:
@NorthDakota ,the current runewords and unique transferred. Did you have these equipped on characters?

@EatSleepDiablo described problems with set items equipped.

Also be interested if items such as 1.07 MPK rings, and crafts have any problems

@NorthDakota ,the current runewords and unique transferred. Did you have these equipped on characters?
Arkaines and beta cta equipped on char, eth thresher equipped on merc. Drag and drop transfer from old saves to new d2r save folder, no goofing around with d2rgomule. I did some more testing and yes items in inventory and stash had no problems either.. doesn't matter what they were goofy or not, no disappearances or changes for me period although I suppose now that I think of it I haven't really tested many set items, just some that were randomly equipped on characters (guillame's, laying of hands, tal's full set, angelic), haven't tested sets in inventory/stash yet though, although all items I've had in stash have been preserved so far.

Well that was fun.

I made it to the Lost City and clvl 24.

I mostly cleared everything at players 7, but since it's not a tournament character, I didn't get too OCD about making sure I got everything :D .

I found a few set items ... but strangely no uniques yet ... My big item success came with the cube:

002.png

Now that's a savage polearm! Got it on my fifth try and didn't even considering bothering with a sixth attempt.

I've got to say, that I'm really happy with how the game turned out. I wish you didn't have to go through Battle.net to get to Single Player, but I guess that was to be expected. At least I haven't had an access issue ... yet ... we'll see how long my luck lasts!

Ooh, also of note. There was a lot of talk about graphic cards running at excessive temperatures (+85C ). I was very pleased to discover that my system was running at (~70C ) with all setting on 'high'. It was very nice having the fans run at a very reasonable rate. I plan to play through normal with graphics set to 'high', and assuming everything continues smoothly throughout, then try the next higher graphics setting in NM. Though to be honest, I'm happy with how things look now ... so if the fans really speed up, and the temperature rises, I'll be more than content to return settings to 'high'.

Well, now it's time to pay the piper! Off to work I go, having played D2R instead of sleeping :p .

I don't know how I'll feel about it in the morning, but for now:

IT WAS SO WORTH IT! (y)

Killed Baal on normal, now I'm early NM and hunting for Thul for Spirit and a base for Insight. First unique was 25MF Nagelring, pretty good start :) Was a little slower than I expected due to inventory management on console, but after some time I'm pretty quick at it, yet the leveling is pretty slow due to /p1. Still, it feels amazing to play after 10+ years.

Reactions: NorthDakota
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High