D2R General Chat

For those that like cheese, especially the stinky kind with a 1.07 RC, it works as expected (beautifully I might add).

However, another dairy product, Khalims Flail, is a one and done. Game does not permit it to be placed in shared stash. Gomule will have to bail us out on that one.

Reactions: teddeeboy
Running LK is a bit slower with load times :(,
Fun little game. Decided to just level up an Amazon to run cows maybe.

Not sure if it was reported but I think there is a bug with Cain's identify and the cube. Had rare boots in inventory and rare axe in cube but only boots were identified by Cain.

As a side note, after all those years we have torch and anni in SP (and ladder RWs for vanilla!!) but all my chars have their own equipment sets and it quite daunting to re-equip them now (have about 10-15 main chars).

Reactions: Babyhell
Not sure if it was reported but I think there is a bug with Cain's identify and the cube. Had rare boots in inventory and rare axe in cube but only boots were identified by Cain.
Yeah, that was already a problem in the Alpha. I reported the issue as a bug, but apparently they ignored it xD

Has anyone else experienced that we have to remap keys for each character separately? I remapped them for my first char yesterday and when I started my Necro some time after, they were at default and I had to remap them again.... If this is true for every new character - is there a way to remap them for all current and future characters as it was handled in Legacy?

Yeah, that was already a problem in the Alpha. I reported the issue as a bug, but apparently they ignored it xD

Has anyone else experienced that we have to remap keys for each character separately? I remapped them for my first char yesterday and when I started my Necro some time after, they were at default and I had to remap them again.... If this is true for every new character - is there a way to remap them for all current and future characters as it was handled in Legacy?

Remapping keys - On the character that has the keybinds you want to use on other characters, click "save custom". This saves a custom default keybind preset in d2r that you can select on any character. You can have only 1 custom keybind set along with the d2r defaults and the legacy defaults afaik.

So when you load up a new character, you need to load your custom default keybind set - simply click "default" at the bottom, and select "custom" from the next menu that pops up. (not sure if I have the button option names exactly right I'm at work but you'll see..). That will load the custom keybinds you saved on whatever character you hit "save custom" on.

Last edited:
Has anyone checked to see if you can put a Gheed's in the shared stash? I've already learned you can't put Wirt's Leg in there, but I'm hoping that's because it's flagged as quest item.

Still stuck at work making OT but **** do I want to hop on the laptop, the game looks so great visually

E: played last night. Loading times are pretty bad. Between that, rust (I’ll take credit for quite a bit of lost time due to mistakes and being tired as hell), fiasco with binds at the start and not a single exp shrine until right after I hit 18 (lmao) I spent some 3 hours to kill Normal Baal and level to 24 in fresh Sorc. A few thoughts:

-Left click throw for moving and C/T (extended teleport) are gone :(
-/players commands seemed messed up (no confirmation prompt sometimes and incorrect confirmation other times last night, seemed to work good for the few minutes I got on this morning)
-hit recovery or something seems messed up, perhaps it’s performance related idk

Last edited:
Playing a few days on the new game and some impressions so far:

-Load times were abysmal until I cleared up some space and reinstalled on my SSD, they've improved but aren't quite where I'd hope (about 5-7 seconds to load into a fresh game, 4-5 to waypoint between acts and about 2 to TP/WP within an act) - I've already moved my characters over from 1.14, so I'm wondering if I'll have to make a sorceress in Legacy purely for LK running, still a sur/ber away from Infinity!).

- The graphic overhaul definitely loses the singular stylized painted atmosphere, some skills look better (haven't tested a huge range, I think blizzard has more oomph and seems easier to aim, meanwhile the werewolf form has lost the awesome "An American Werewolf in London" look and is decidedly more generic looking (think Harry Potter, or recent fantasy art direction generally), weirdly the foliage (trees, shrubs, etc.) also looks all the more generic, there's a fidelity to the art of the game that's lost much like the SNES to N64/PS1 era suffered. Also since the dynamic lightning obscures details in action heavy moments, I miss the inherent glow and pop in the palette of character models, as well as their more dynamic and stylized standing poses.

- Overall I think the male characters (sans maybe the necro) are looking better visually, while the girls (and my more preferred classes) have taken a noticeable hit. Everything seems a bit leaner as well, from mobs to toons themselves.

- There's a not-zero amount of desync that pops in, as well some roll-over bugs that never got ironed out (hitting the CS seal for De-Sai still often requires finagling for me), I appreciate the new CTRL functions given to us, but was hoping for a way of having the stash and cube interfaces open simultaneously.

-Did Trav. Council member super unique's always have big chunks of life-regen occur? I've had a unique jump back to 2/3rd and half health from new death multiple times in a single fight on my Hammerdin.

- A lot of my aesthetic grievances would be solved by allowing a stretched resolution for the 800x600 retro graphics, removing the black bars without increasing FOV.

A snap of one of my favorite views in-game, questing through NM on my Meteorber Anji.
a view.png

Last edited:
-Load times were abysmal until I cleared up some space and reinstalled on my SSD, they've improved but aren't quite where I'd hope (about 5-7 seconds to load into a fresh game, 4-5 to waypoint between acts and about 2 to TP/WP within an act) - I've already moved my characters over from 1.14, so I'm wondering if I'll have to make a sorceress in Legacy purely for LK running, still a sur/ber away from Infinity!).
I messed with each and every setting to see if it made any noticeable difference for load times on my system, and no graphics settings at all seem to affect the load time at all. S/E time is almost always the same, pretty quick, definitely comparable to old game. Game entry however is definitely a lot slower - it looks like it's going to be the same speed, but then hangs on the door fully open for several seconds and it's incredibly painful. It could certainly be much worse, but just not snappy how I'm used to.

- The graphic overhaul definitely loses the singular stylized painted atmosphere, some skills look better (haven't tested a huge range, I think blizzard has more oomph and seems easier to aim, meanwhile the werewolf form has lost the awesome "An American Werewolf in London" look and is decidedly more generic looking (think Harry Potter, or recent fantasy art direction generally), weirdly the foliage (trees, shrubs, etc.) also looks all the more generic, there's a fidelity to the art of the game that's lost much like the SNES to N64/PS1 era suffered). Also since the dynamic lightning obscures details in action heavy moments, I miss the inherent glow and pop in the palette of character models, as well as their more dynamic and stylized standing poses.
Totally agree, visual clarity is out the window. It does look nice however yeah it's just so bright and so many effects draw the eye, sort of making it difficult to see what's going on easily by comparison. I mean I like it, it feels like a new experience and there's so much to take in, it's really fun playing through and just seeing the sights. The crows nests that poop out birds are absolutely disgusting now. The sound sounds exactly like it looks like it sounds. I think I'm getting more used to it visually as I play more (haven't had a lot of chance yet).

One thing that's sort of getting to me weirdly is the new item labels for items on the ground. For whatever reason they just feel huge and to me are difficult to read quickly. My eyes are definitely not adjusted to this yet, I have such a hard time picking out items that would normally be like scanned without thinking.

@Gilded Sun can confirm some monsters randomly jumping up health for me as well

I also tried messing with settings to help loading times but nothing worked unfortunately, will have to try an SSD. I’m at some 15seconds for joining an offline game :/

Moon Lord attack speed seems bugged AF too, I heard something about Frenzy stacking incorrectly

Finally figured out how to make windowed mode an actual window instead of borderless.. it's just hiding the window dressing at the top - it's not actually borderless, so you can hold win key + press an arrow key left or right and it will reveal the window dressings. posting in case anyone is an idiot like me.

Edit: Signing out for the night. Got some good play time in today, Act 4 NM on my fresh d2r blizz sorceress. I am having a blast just drinkin in all these new details and playing through the game. Brother-in-law playing on the switch beside me, he's a newbie and he's having a great time checking everything out playing the game for the first time. It's really just magical.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dudzy
Did anyone ran LK seriously? I started with my Random Tournament character in Normal for now, and the spacing of the items seems awkward at best with once even chest item that may have popped out of the house with two big chests. Anyone faced it?

Maybe it's related to my resolution (old but still great 1680 x...I don't even remember) not working well with 3D graphics, but I highly doubt it...if I face it again I'll record things so I can share.

Finished Normal on my Trapsin last night, been busy or i would have played forever, the game really fealls great so far though! Going to level a bit more in normal then start nightmare. Really need to get a insight for my merc soon as mana is killing me.

Load times have been good for me but i have the game on a nvme ssd so to be expected.

Anyone else mess around with the retro graphics? They feel choppier to me then normal classic D2, are they trying to simulate 24fps?

Reactions: NorthDakota
I had a rough day yesterday and posted this in the wrong forum.

Finally managed to verify something I've been trying since release. Rune drops match with 1.13/14. Well, really more than just rune drops, everything matches up well enough that LK drops are unchanged.

Here's a several year old drop curtesy of nosignal over at dii.net.
gul5.jpg

and here's one from this morning in D2R.
Screenshot008.png

Note that D2R spreads drops out a bit more, I'm really not sure why. It sure makes a mess when both chests in the 2 chest hut hit a lot of items. There's some sort of physics going on so items get flung in a straight line out the door. (So that's a yes Babyhell)

Edit: I was kind of relying on this bit of LK running as a warm up/get a feel for things. Now I've got to make more aggressive decisions about what I'll start moving over. Since I've had almost 24 hours to mull it over, I'm definitely moving all my chars. Since we can't quite migrate stash files over, I'll hold off on moving most of my stashes, I my stick to moving those over only on a need basis. Though I'm excited to load up most of my normal twinking items into the shared stash, maybe I'll make new chars a bit more that way.

I've seen terrible S&E times on day one, but it's been quite smooth since. I know ffs is suggesting that D2 is preferable for fast running, but on my computer I would give the edge to D2R, though I haven't spent a lot of time trying to fine tune either. My LK run times are roughly the same I would say. But maybe I'm not the best reference. My running has always been just a little more casual, quick, but not focusing on squeezing out every last second of performance.

Last edited:
You can not deposit gold to stash if the amount exceeds 2,5M. If you want 2,5M gold to stash you have to calc the difference and deposit that :/

m4ke

@jjscud Can you upload a video showing a few runs? I’m curious. I’ve even been bearing with the noob content of streamers and YouTubers just to see how it runs on powerful computers :) and tbh I’ve seen terrible loading times throughout, so I’m interested in seeing how it looks like for you.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High