D2 Goals & Objectives for 2021

Luhkoh

Guide Author
Jan 3, 2019
Dear SPF,

What are your D2 goals and aspirations for 2021?

For me:
Rich (BB code):
No.   Goal                             Progress
---   ----------------------------     --------------------
1.    Level 99 with twinked hdin       lvl 96.65, 38 hours in
2.    Complete runeword grail          72/78 (last wish among those remaining)
3.    Grail -1                         3 remaining (fathom, stormlash, tyraels)
4.    <1.9 adjeff HoR entry            1.992 with fizz sorc
5.    20+ hours in all RFL and MFO     N/A
6.    Find 4 ilvl87+ usacreds          N/A
7.    Get a guardian                   N/A

I'm estimating 170-180ish hours total on the hdin 99er, so still plennnty to go. Hopefully I won't be playing quite as much this year as in 2020 (from quarantine and such haha), but still wanted to set some lofty goals! I like to set goals in the categories of exp, mf, rf, efficiency, and forum participation, and then a couple of more for good measure. We'll see how it goes.

Happy New Year SPF! Hope it's a good one for all. Cheers! :coffee:

Last edited:
Same for me, 2021 will see me having much more activities beside, so...let's be somehow humble:
2021 Goals
1) a sept of Guardian by the end of 2021. Twinking/trading accepted.
Paladin: ThouShallNotDie #Guardian at lvl 85
Assassin: ItsATrap lvl 19
Necromancer: AlreadyDead #Guardian at lvl 83
Sorceress: Ballsy lvl 15
Druid: Zorro #Guardian at lvl 83
Amazon: Frida, #Guardian at lvl 84 #Untwinked #RandomTournament

Barbarian: Frenchy lvl 35 #Untwinked #SinglePass #BBBBBBTournament
2) Participate in each of the following tournaments with at least one set.
OBP
RFL any round
MFO
Finding the Balance
3) Bring my untwinked twins to Hell
Athena Nightmare unlocked
Minerva Nightmare unlocked
4) Grail to -40, currently at -58 in my dedicated stashes.
5) Getting 2000 combined levels in the Murios' project.
Last submitted score: 1607
6) Get HammerMessiah to 97 - currently on his way to 95.
7) Having my Battle.net ICE guild Patriarch alongside with @Vildecor, @ioupain and @intersilva.

Happy New Year to all of us, may the Covid not be with you!

Last edited:
Hmm after last years poor ones i should be more sensible and pragmatic i think.

1) Get Nena into the 80's
2) Get Nena into Act 4 (Cos this allows Meph runs on top of AT runs if i so desire)
3) Get grail to -300
4) Get Hardcore grail to -400
5) To do above progress Mr Freeze into Nightmare
6) Take part in a tournament
7) Get Civ 6 grail over 35 (Current 26/54)

Shorter list with more concise goals for 2021! Also left myself room to breath :D

• Code character viewer (and possibly more) for Classic 1.00-1.06b.
1.07 - One of the following:
  1. Rack Shako.
  2. Rack Valk Wing.
  3. Rack sup. eth. War Pike.
1.09b - Two of the following:
  1. Find War Travellers, Gore Rider and Razortail. (Easy Finds)
  2. Find HLW, HoZ and Stormshield. (Hard finds)
  3. Get a character to level 99. (Sorceress at 96,5 currently)
1.10a - Trivial:
  • Make Crescent Moon. (Base + Runes already found)
1.10s
  • Beta CtA (Base + Vex found)
1.14d - Two of the following:
  1. Participate in RFL or MFO.
  2. Get to Grail -3. (Currently -4, DWeb please!)
  3. Get to RW Grail -5. (Currently -7, Runes for EBotD available)

With a hard drive crash late last year forcing a restart, I've also decided to choose some not-so-lofty goals. I can always add more depending on my progress at mid-year.

1. Get my first Guardian
2. Start a new untwinked 99er and achieve at least level 90
3. Get from 0 to over 500 points in the Murios project
4. Build characters to participate in RFO, MFO, and such
5. Migrate @Kitteh's original Untwinked 99er Reboot thread
6. Finish my editing pass of the M/P/G Archive

Thoughts:
1. It is about time for this one! Decided on only 1 to start my goals with, rather than a sept of 7. I can always increase this number later on.
2. Still undecided about class, but leaning towards another LF zon (and the second time in HC).
3. I need to start somewhere in order to close the embarrassing gap between me and @Babyhell. 500 points would be about 6 characters @lvl 85. Maybe I could even hit 1000 points before years' end.
4. High priority right now are RFO runners. Spring is right around the corner!
5. Not gonna lie, not looking forward to this one! I'll probably migrate 1 page / post (20 posts -> 1 post) in order to not double my already inflated post count.
6. This one is highly dependant on finishing #5 first, as I'm trying to redirect tournament links to migrated tournament threads as I come across them (and ensuring those tournament threads are fully migrated before continuing).

I hope everyone has a fantastic 2021! I'm actually looking forward to rebuilding my character select screen.

@Vildecor I won't be going the @maxicek's route, who just keeps hidden 1k points just to have other contenders mind blown when they think they get close...#memories

So good luck on this building up! Iirc I still have the ethereal Hone Sundan for one of your Zon journey in HC, if you want one Spearazon amongst your babies (or what ever name you give to them!)

I'll be adding the Pat'ing of my ICE guild Battle.net Barb ;-)

Last edited:
Iirc I still have the ethereal Hone Sundan for one of your Zon journey in HC, if you want one Spearazon amongst your babies (or what ever name you give to them!)

Yeah, I've definitely kept that spear in mind. Seeing how I have a zealot farming NM Mephisto, if I happen across a Ribcracker I can send that your way!

Reactions: Babyhell
Main goals:
1. Finish the RW Grail.
2. Take my 3 remaining PvP Assassins to lvl 95 (That will be 8 total).
3. Make an Avenger in every class. More on this later, but there is just the Druid & Necro left.
4. Actually play some PvP. HLD or LLD, it doesn't matter.

Stretch Goals
1. Make an additional Fury and CoH
2. Improve the claws for my trappers
3. Beta CtA Phase Blade

I already have a War Scepter with Holy Shield. Beta CtA PB would be switch weapon for a kick / trap assassin.

Reactions: d2lover
1. Host single pass tournament and Guardian an entry
2. Start new twinked sept and finish at least four characters
3. Quest four other twinked characters through
4. Get Untwinked Windy to 99 (stretch goal)
5. Gamble through 100M gold stashed in the hopes of dual leech FCR ring and at least one great circlet

Last edited:
I've never posted in a goals thread before, so here's my noob list.
  1. Complete the quest to transmute each Horadric Cube recipe.
    • Complete another pat/mat sept as a side quest, mostly avoiding runeworded items so that instead I can transmute loads of runes.​
    • Complete the Grail of Steel as a side quest.​
  2. Complete the SPF Mat/Pat/Guardian Skill Census/Analysis and commentary project.
    • Of course, I'll keep using it to help me decide what new pats/mats to attempt, both "tried-and-true cookie cutters" and "roads-less-traveled."​
    • (I'm still pondering @maxicek 's query about whether there's a convenient way to keep its spreadsheets maintained going forward; I think that should be a related goal.)​
  3. Participate in at least three tournaments (preferably SC; reluctant but willing to brave HC again if a contest looks interesting enough).
My wishlist isn't quite as shoot-the-moon impressive as the goals of many of you veterans here, but my primary aim is to just have fun and share the fun. I also want to encourage all of you friendly SPFers to continue to enjoy this community, keep contributing, and uphold its rules.

Since I already got a bunch of progress, I'm udpating, hopefully all but one goal will be done after RFL! :D

• Code character viewer (and possibly more) for Classic 1.00-1.06b. Kinda functional but still a long way.
1.07 - One of the following:
  1. Rack Shako.
  2. Rack Valk Wing. Done, in 1.08, but who's counting? ;)
  3. Rack sup. eth. War Pike.
1.09b - Two of the following:
  1. Find War Travellers, Gore Rider and Razortail. (Easy Finds) Found Razortail, finally!
  2. Find HLW, HoZ and Stormshield. (Hard finds)
  3. Get a character to level 99. Just got my Sorc to 98 and my Amazon to 90, not sure which one it will be.
1.10a - Trivial:
  • Crescent Moon. Done.
1.10s
  • Beta CtA. Done, +11 BO!
1.14d - Two of the following:
  1. Participate in RFL or MFO.
  2. Get to Grail -3. (Currently -4, DWeb please!)
  3. Get to RW Grail -5. At -6 now, tied with @Luhkoh , hopefully RFL will change that.

Updating progress for end of first quarter

Rich (BB code):
No.   Goal                             Progress
---   ----------------------------     --------------------
1.    Level 99 with twinked hdin       lvl 98.07, 95 hours in (+57 hours this quarter)
2.    Complete runeword grail          72/78 (no progress)
3.    Grail -1                         3 remaining (no progress)
4.    <1.9 adjeff HoR entry            1.992 (no progress)
5.    20+ hours in all RFL and MFO     32/80 hours (in rfl round 2 and going well)
6.    Find 4 ilvl87+ usacreds          0/4
7.    Get a guardian                   joined Orange tourney, in A3 nm

Decent progress! Especially on twinked hdin 99er. I blasted to lvl 98 with him in january. But unfortunately my motivation to work on lvl 98-99 is quite low atm. Its just so slow, and his rune finds have not been as lucky as I was hoping, so not sure if I'm gonna shelve him or will feel like getting back to him soonish. We will see. I'll have to finish at least one more 15 hour stint in order to post my lvl 98 exp testing data, but may put him on hiatus afterwards.

Am definitely making some progress farming the runes for runeword grail, but am nowhere remotely close to being able to complete it. 7 jahs is a lot to farm... but rfl is helping somewhat there (got a jah in round 1). Looking forward to seeing where I'm at after rfl is over.

Diablo has not been kind enough to drop stormlash for my hdin 99er, and I havent been mfing much. So no progress on grail or on uSA's or on efficiency mf goals. But I've almost had my fill of exp and rf for the time being, and plan to get to some more serious mfing after rfl is over. We'll see though, since first baby is due in a couple of months :).

Guardian goal has had some nice progress. I joined the "orange you glad that rune dropped" tourney hosted by Phineas. Farrrrr from guaranteed to guardian her, but I didn't have an early rip anyways, so I'm hoping she will be the one. Sidenote: single pass takes AGES, and thats me doing it with a sorc haha. I'm loving this tourney but not sure I'll be a single pass regular in the future.

Hope everyone is doing well! Happy Friday! 🍻

Congrats on the forthcoming addition to the family @Luhkoh Very cool to hear! Adding an update for myself also:

1. Host single pass tournament and Guardian an entry -> Finished, with Orange You Glad Tourney Guardian
2. Start new twinked sept and finish at least four characters -> Started the sept, with two characters finished (thanks to MP groups!)
3. Quest four other twinked characters through -> I've gotten another three Mat/Pats, with another character in A1 H
4. Get Untwinked Windy to 99 (stretch goal) -> Haven't played him at all, but planning at least one set for RFL Round 3
5. Gamble through 100M gold stashed in the hopes of dual leech FCR ring and at least one great circlet -> Finished, and will post results this weekend, but no items that I'd hoped for

Update time? Here's mine:

Rich (BB code):
1. Get my first Guardian
2. Start a new untwinked 99er and achieve at least level 90
3. Get from 0 to over 500 points in the Murios project
4. Build characters to participate in RFO, MFO, and such
5. Migrate @Kitteh's original Untwinked 99er Reboot thread
6. Finish my editing pass of the M/P/G Archive

1. Still working on this one, progress will likely happen after RFL is over.
2. My LF zon is farming LK and sitting at level 85, so looking good there.
3. I'm waiting to post my update until after the RFL, but I'm currently sitting at 353 points, so over halfway done with this one!
4. This is pretty much done, just have to finish a Hammerdin for RFL round 3.
5. I'm at 44/280 pages migrated, and again, more progress on this once RFL is finished.
6. Waiting on number 5 to be finished before continuing, so no progress on this one yet.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High