Awww...I missed you too, D2 - Item Find Thread April 2019

Both fire and lightning facets are good choices for the respective Sorcs. It’s best Nova damage except for vs broken LIs even when going 105 FCR (and assuming no godly rare/magic orb is available). CM setup is better in areas with breakable LIs.

When considering Esachuta, the question is whether the little extra damage is really worth it over Hoto (given the extra elemental damage is only additive with masteries). Definitely it is worth it for Nova/ES Sorc since resistances can largely be ignored with ES, and Nova can use any extra damage however small.. but tbh all my other
Lightning/fire based sorcs usually ended up with Hoto when going with FCR weapon setups.

@T72on1 I guesss it is the RNG. I have 3 Steel Pillar's and haven't found a non eth HoZ, Arachnid's, Mara's, Valor, SoJ, a few of the rarer unique Barb/Druid helms, Nat's Weapon, Any of Griswald's outside of Armor, Mav's Helm or Armor. It's weird how it works sometime. I would gladly trade those Steel Pillars for a Windforce, Hoz, Arachnid's, etc lol.

@ffs im interested in rare items because not only can there be a lot of rares that compete or outshine runewords and uniques, although super hard to find, but also because of the style and sexiness that goes along with it. A super high defense, ethereal barb helm with +5 BO and to what other skills you want, along with resists, life, FHR, Viosonary(attack rating % per level) with 2 sockets for a Cham and whatever else you want. Absolutely amazing for high defense and attack rating builds. You can get Eth Berserk Axes with absurd damage, self repair, 2 sockets, fools mod and/or cruel and I have heard they can even outperform Grief in certain cases in PvP. An all rare build, like a Barbarian, can have massive defense and attack rating, looks cooler than anything you will ever see on Diablo and can be an absolute beast.

It is way more fun to find items like those, than the standard runewords and uniques everyone uses. Imagine every armor item on your barbarian being a 200%Enhanced Defense, ethereal, self repair, elite item. Your helm, belt, armor, shield, gloves and boots. Sooooooooo much defense and mods like FHR, Life, Resists, FRW, Str and 2 socekts on Weapon, Helm, Armor, Shield. It is the most beautiful thing in D2, in my eyes anyway. I would imagine those perfect rares would be able to fetch any price on here and most people probably wouldn't want to trade them. They have to be very rare on this forum, as they are even rare on bnet where people bot and dupe to constantly roll rares and on there they are super valuable. I would love to see if anyone has those near perfect rares that are so Godly.

I only have a couple good rare amulets and a few rares that came close to being really good. This one I forgot to post above, it's not Godly, but it isn't bad:

Wraith Noose
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x2b40337c
Item Level: 92
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+17 to Attack Rating
All Resistances +16
Damage Reduced by 4

Also this is my favorite belt I have found, I upgraded it to Mesh Belt for the 4 slots, but it could be up'd one more time, but not much defense to be had doing that and the STR Req would go up obviously. The mods turned out beautifully though:
Skull Buckle
Mesh Belt
Defense: 44
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Level: 55
Required Strength: 58
Fingerprint: 0x69009b9d
Item Level: 85
+24% Faster Hit Recovery
+11% Enhanced Defense
+18 to Strength
+32 to Life
Cold Resist +24%
Fire Resist +25%
Required Level +5

Socketing my Eschuta's was simple as I was doing a full Fire build vs Nihl. Otherwise it depends on build and gear.

@Jamie If you’re looking for the style thing, again @Grape made a Barb with exactly that (all rare, all eth). As for actual utility, at least in current patch only the bases I mentioned can really outperform craft/S&U/RW I’m afraid..

Jamie, I have a similar rare Paladin ammy for some time now:

Entropy Torc
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x8bed85c5
Item Level: 96
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
+10% Faster Cast Rate
Adds 1 - 6 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
+15 to Strength
+7 Maximum Stamina
All Resistances +18

I need to respec my Hammerdin to use it properly.

Finally, I put up a list about my personal taste and opinion on how much worth picking up rares and magicals are (0: Bad, 1: Not enough, 2: OK, 3: Good, 4: Excellent)

Code:
Item                     Rare Magical    Item                     Rare Magical
------------------------ ---- -------    ------------------------ ---- -------
Helms                      0     0       Amazon Bows                0     0
Armor                      0     1       Amazon Javelins            1     2
Shields                    0     1       Amazon Spears              0     0
Gloves                     3     1       Katars                     2     2
Boots                      4     0       Orbs                       1     1
Belts                      3     0
                                         Rings                      4     1
Weapons                    0     0       Amulets                    1     4

Barbarian Helms            2     2       Jewels                     4     4
Druid Pelts                2     2
Paladin Shields            0     0       Small charms               -     4
Shrunken Heads             0     0       Large charms               -     2
                                         Grand charms               -     4
Circlets, coronets*        4     3
Tiaras, diadems            4     4

*: Can have only 2 sockets and half of the good magical ones are Jeweler's.

I'm picking up stuff with a rating of 2 or higher.

Many rare or magical items with low ratings can be useful for certain niches or theme builds, but they aren't among my preferred builds. My list is mainly about efficienc. There might be amazing rare weapons or armor, but their chance to be better than the runewords or uniques or set items are so abysmally low that it's not worth the time to pick them up for characters I'm usually playing. Also, stuff that's very easy to find (e.g. LCs with +3 to str or dex, for meeting reqs at very low levels) has no influence on the rating.

Last edited:
@krischan This map is pretty good for Pits. I don't spend a lot of time looking for maps and I had been doing Cows and this just happened to be there. There are usually 3 boss packs right inside and the layout is an easy one to navigate.

I pick up probably half to 3/4 of rares. There are certain ones that I know don't have a chance of being anything special and for most of them, if they aren't ethereal they go back on the ground. But in my mind there is nothing better than finding a really good rare item. A lot of the ones you have 0 for, I pick up, some I only keep if ethereal.. but you can score some really good class only items that aren't ethereal and bows that you have at 0. I know the odds are absurd that it will be what you want, but you'll never find any if you don't check. Especially weapons like any of the Berserker Axe/War Axe class, Crystal Sword or Dimensional Blade that can be ethereal and upgraded to a Phase, really pretty much every weapon that is a class that is useful I pick up, like the ones you'd make your runewords in or have good damage, speed, range combo. You can get mods on ethereal weapons that are pretty crazy. 300ed+fools mod or max cruel mod with ias, repair mod, 2os

Last edited:
Items like this are why I check rares. If you check out that place where all the bnet players play and trade and buy items, the trophy room should have entire characters based around rare items and they are the most beautiful thing ever. I understand Grief is cheap and absurdly good, but I would rather find this than make a Grief.

Mr7385m.png

@ffs This is the type of barb helm I was speaking of

W4XG5A2.jpg

CxpDLY5.png

mcCDVF2.png

I know the chances of finding things like this is slim to none, but the fact that they exist and that these mods and even better can spawn, makes checking worth it for me lol. The Mat Bow I found with almost 400ed/2os/ias/ctcamp lets me know that it's possible to find some crazy stuff.

Last edited:
I pretty much only pick up circlets, rings, amulets for rares, I’m a terrible person..

@Yng why do you pick up amulets? :p
heres gripphons post on it

I pick up these. Tell me if I'm missing anything big.

RARE
circlets
rings
gloves
pelts
claws
jewels
sometimes boots

MAGIC
grand charms
small charms
jewels

Other rares like the ones Jamie posted are super cool, and I would use any of them (and much worse ones) if I found them, but the tiny likelihood plus availability of better options just makes it not even close to worth it imo. I feel the same about jmod. I'm not gonna waste my time making inventory space to ID 10k shields hoping for something way rarer than tyraels (congrats @Babyhell :p) when a 4os white monarch is 90% as good.

Last edited:
And rings?
They are on the list.

I pretty much only pick up circlets, rings, amulets for rares, I’m a terrible person..
I think rare amulets aren't worth picking up, except those from Baal, Nihlathak and Diablo. The others cannot have +2 to all skills of a class, that's where crafts come into play. Magical ones can have +3 to a skilltree which can be pretty useful.

@krischan I’m 1x 99 sorc and 1x barb nearly 95 without a Maras and crafting has only led 2/20 Assassin variants so I still pick rare amulets. I pick a lot more magic items, I was talking about only rares.

E: it’s worth noting I’m self found only so rare amulets hold much more value to me, until better crafts/Maras

I always make sure to pick up certain weapons, like colossus sword/blade, zerker axes, and all bows. Though if I'm taking my time I pick up pretty much every rare :p

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High