Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

I can confirm that with the newest Version of ATMA (5.xx) you can still atma-bug with runewords, don't know about Zod.
I didn't unsocket, but before bugging, the axe had durability in Gomule, now it just is indestructible no dura.

Does Zod work too?

On meelee sorceresses you can dump 20 points into the armor of your choice and have a nice def-bonus, but maxing the synergies seems like bad.

@hackedagainanda That is the number one attraction of HLD PvP. It is at least 95% of the fun building the characters. Duelling is secondary.

Need some paranoia-clearing here, haha. I forgot I had picked up a burning essence of terror and tried to open my character in ATMA. When the corrupt/error message popped up I quickly realized what happened, so I just re-entered the game, threw the essence away and went on with my life. Just to double check: there's no *harm* in trying to open the file with ATMA, right? Nothing was messed up by this? My most recent backup is 5-6 gameplay hours before and I don't really feel like going back, specially because I did a few crafts and charm rolls and feels iffy to go back. Can I get some peace of mind here, please? Thanks :p

This might warrant a dedicated thread for more exposure, if more people can confirm it.

Been fiddling with other chars a bit and done a few pit runs with my poison necro. I'm really used to picking up items and S&E while still holding them because I do it with my AT blizz sorc all the time.

Think of it as emergency space, you can grab and hold onto any item regardless of size. When you enter a new game the item will still be in your character's hands.
Screenshot028.jpg

Apparently this does not go as expected with a necro who currently has an iron golem summoned. The item will be in the cursor, but you will not be able to drop it in the new game.

If you S&E again, the item will disappear. What you can do (before the second S&E) is to pick it off the character with GoMule.

I tried again, but unsummoned the golem before and it worked correctly. My guess is there's a bug with how blizzard saves the item the golem is made of (it's actually resummoned every time you start a new game) and some connection/interaction with the cursor.

Edit: I'm assuming this isn't old news which I missed :)

Last edited:
I've experienced that with my 99er Necro running Nihl – it's really dangerous down there so I generally wanted to S&E immediately after picking up something. I never made the connection to the IG but I did run with one, so that seems to be the case. I just muled off after S&E'ing instead of entering the next game. I've had items disappear under similar circumstances with a Barb, no idea what was the cause there..

Reactions: Albatross
@d2lover for 84 more mf ;).
@Albatross thank you! Wow i had this happening when i was running my necro, and I just blamed it on my computer, and when I started running other characters was just like "hmm seems to be working correctly again" 🙄. Lol.

Reactions: Albatross
But since mf has diminishing returns on anything but blue items, what it gives?

I would even say it doesn't make sense timewise. Open the character in gomule after a run? In this time I'm half through the new run without any risk whatsoever.

Also there are quite a few nice things to grab except grailers, 40 mf rings, pelts, circlets+.

I just feel with this "grab only HRs and grailers" you miss on so much value.

Reactions: Miron
For Nihl running specifically it's not so about MF but rather about life. 4x4 free spaces for me would have translated to a loss of ~500 life with charms/BO, which vs. Nihlathak I preferred over some convenience when picking something (which happened only every 20 runs or so anyway). For highly specialized MF chars that in principle only pick S&Us it also makes sense to run with full inventory. A difference of ~100 MF is still meaningful despite diminishing returns.

Other than that IMO it depends on the target really. If you know you're going to pick up a lot (e.g. Travincal running) then of course it makes much more sense to have free inventory space.

Reactions: PhineasB
The cube has more than enough space to fit all this stuff. I just dump it into the stash on the start of the next run.

The cursor thing is for emergencies, like when two large items drop on the same run or I forget to empty the cube :)

MF does have diminishing returns, but empty inventory space does nothing for you. In less abstract terms, 84 extra MF can mean up to 30 hours less grinding for Tyrael's Might :)

Reactions: PhineasB and Luhkoh
@d2lover diminishing returns are still returns. I'm not sure why so many people act like diminishing returns means you shouldn't still go for them if it doesn't sacrifice much. And imo its not that tough every 10 or 15 runs to alt+tab into gomule, with my character and stash already open, click "pickup from cube" and click "drop all" into stash. Then just take the item from the cursor spot as well. Takes about 10 seconds at most. Much less time than picking up all magic rings would take. I definitely pick up rare circlets and pelts (though I'm beginning to consider skipping rare pelts), and I think most people do, but I still usually get through 10-15ish AT/pit runs before finding my cube is full, exit game with item on cursor, and spending those 10s in gomule.

Ofc like ffs said, different considerations for different runs. I do that for most all characters when doing p1 mf runs. I do run full inventory with most runs i do, but there are some exceptions. He mentioned trav, where free inventory space is a must. I also did my runs in chaos with my 99er sorc with some space in inventory because I thought it was safer. The extra life wasn't worth me being stubborn trying to dig through a pile to pick something up with my inventory open and an oblivion knight sneaking up on me. Anyways just some random discussion :). Its definitely not unreasonable to do all runs with some free inventory space for convenience, but I do think it will usually be less efficient even considering the muling frequency decrease.

Reactions: Nano
@Excalibur

Reactions: Luhkoh
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High