Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

I have some 1.07 uniques, like wizard spike and skin of the viper magi (no +1 on this one).
I also have some +2/30+@ magic paladin shields which I plan to socket in 07 (for max 4 sockets)

The goal is to level a fireball only sorceress in 1.10a to ~70-80 and later being able to clear the Hellforgequest in 1.10s for Beta-CTAs.

The Hammerdin has the advantage that he can kill everything without a merc, the sorceress can teleport, which makes HFQ farming faster.
Also, a sorceress can easily find Baals throne to quickly level up the fireballer.

On the other side, Frozenorb+Fireball is, without many +skills, not able to kill things as fast as a hammerdin.
Also, there's no Insight, so Hammerdin is slightly better because of Redemption in keeping the blue bulb high.

So which one should I choose, also the ancients have to be beaten in Hell, but with rerolling them it should be doable with both.

If you farmed already some BKWBs, what did you do?

Of the druid fire spells, which one would you say is generally considered the weakest?

From best to worst:

Fissure
Firestorm
Volcano
Molten Boulder
Armageddon

Armageddon can reach impressive damage numbers, but will it actually hit anything? Combined with the fact you have to spend 5 points on prerequisites, I'd say it's the worst of the lot.

D2DC's Worn Traveler boots got me thinking, what would happen if you upgraded a broken ethereal item? Some pretty weird stuff!

ethtest.jpg

The item gets extra durability, but remains broken. Although it becomes equippable, it not really usable.

And Anya would still not personalize it :(

I think Armageddon requires lots of mobility for increased effectiveness..

On my Earthshifter wolf = awesome
On my Fire/Wind typical caster druid = meh

😅

@Albatross
Miserly Anya...

Interesting answers about the fire spells, thanks. What of the druid wind spells, which would you say are generally considered the strongest and weakest, discounting cyclone armour?

Leaving arctic blast inbetween then, I assume?

Will all twisters hit an act boss if cast at close range?

Arctic blast is at least playable through normal and ready at level 6,

Twister just doesn't have any plussides.

If I where to make an elemental druid, Twister would be the last skill that I max, even when making a Tornadostormer or a Hurricane focused dudu.

I can name three good things with twister. :)
First it has no casting delay, which so plague the druids spells that the absence of one is actually a welcome surprise :D
Secondly it can stun for half a second which is funny and unique.
Thirdly the twisters are very cute.

@Albatross
Miserly Anya...

Interesting answers about the fire spells, thanks. What of the druid wind spells, which would you say are generally considered the strongest and weakest, discounting cyclone armour?

For fire skills on a druid, obviously almost all of them are pretty meh because of the fire resistances. That being said, fissure is by far the best especially if you remember to move your mouse courser just a bit left or right of the first cast so that enemies are hit by the most vents possible. I actually rank volcano higher than firestorm in my mind because I can specifically cast it below a large monster and it deals fire and some physical damage as well. Firestorm is an interesting skill though for sure. The listed damage is actually the damage of only one of the 3 created lines, so if you can manage to position your self so that more than one line passes through an enemy it can do in most cases twice (possibly 3 times, although unlikely) the listed damage. Molten Bolder is just soooo slow, its really hard to make effective use of it, although the knock back can be useful in certain situations. As stated though, Armageddon although being the most powerful is just terribly unreliable for actually connecting. (this ranks best to worst)

For the wind skills, cyclone armor is defensive and is actually pretty good considering it absorbs damage, definitely a plus especially in HC and is basically free life. Twisters are obviously the worst. They have minimal damage even fully maxed out, and are really only meant to provide a form of stun effective since you can't use shockwave. The problem is the stun effect is way to short to be effective and the stun length doesn't increase with skill level like shockwave does. Arctic blast is really just a novelty skill because it looks cool, kind of like inferno, I actually intend to make an artic/inferno barb just because it would be amusing, although in no way viable. Hurricane is a constant damage source, but is cold based so isn't really your killer and obviously tornado is the best because big damage and its physical damage. (this ranks worst to best, disregarding cyclone armor)

True on Twister stun, but they do almost no damage, even synergized. It’s kind of hard to see value as main or even secondary skill when Tornado is available (leaving aside decisions to pursue quirky builds for a change of pace). Kill the monster rather than (briefly) stunning it :)

Assuming the three whirlwinds hit, the damage is certainly unreasonably low but not insignificant. I have guardianed characters with worse.

If you built three elemental druids that focused in fire storm, twister and arctic blast respectively and wanted to team them with one of each type of iron wolf, which should get which one, and why? Assume that spare skill point would go into some kind of support skill and not another attack skill.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High