Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

All three have to stand pretty close to deal damage and this could get ugly in hell.

I'd pair a lightning wolf with arctic because cold and lightning dual immunes are less common than cold and fire. However, if you want maximum style points go with fire and get some cool inferno + arctic blast screenshots :D

The other two would would probably be safer when backed up with a cold merc.

Currently going through the acts with my Meteorber and newly made WW Barb.

Made my first HOTO for the Meteorber and pretty sure she is at 110 FCR, (Hoto 40, Skin of Viper 30, Magefirst 20, Arachnids 20) first time ive hit the 105 FCR break point. It definitely gets good use with fireball. Just got her to LVL 80 and put on an Arachnids Mesh to get the last bit of FCR. She is in the Flayer Jungle, ready to dive in for the brain. Hell difficulty. I would like to change armors yet still retain the 105 FCR, not sure what ill do.

WW Barb is also in Act 3 lvl 23, nearly 24 and is in the Kurast Bazaar, ready to dive in for the heart, last piece for the flail, bar the flail. Normal difficulty.

1. If I convert a 1.06 char that´s through hell with all Skillquests done will he gain a Atma Respec if I convert to 1.14?
2. Is a War Spike OATH usefull for a WW Barbarian?

€: Doesn´t work! Question now is I screwed up on saves anyway between 1.06 and 1.14! So in this moment I have the Barb in 1.06 and 1.14! I did do nothing with the barb in 1.14 besides running to Akara! What to do:

- Delete the Char in both versions cause I screwed up
- Not use it in 1.14 and keep for 1.06 allowed?
- Just delete the 1.06 File...didn´t use in 1.06 after convert!

€2: Deleted both saves!

Last edited:
@Tears85 You have to convert this character to 1.07 LoD first. Please check the rules & PM me if necessary.

I wouldn't make a War Spike as you may as well wait for a Berserker Axe. Oath Small Crescent is awesome for level 49 though.

What setup are people using for Trav sorcs these days? I want to up the MF a bit for facets and rares jewelery. I'm looking for a relatively safe build as I'm not the most accurate player and don't want to lose efficiency by always dying.

Reactions: Luhkoh
I was actually wondering about full Tals and faceting it.

Full Tal's (2x +5/-X Cold, +X/-5 Lightning Facets)
Magefist
Spirit
2x Beta BKWB

-20 Lightning Resist
+25 Cold Skill Damage
+12 all skills (level 40 Blizzard with 8 skillers)
105 FCR
7 Frame FHR
230ish MF

What do you think? IIRC Grip is using some kind of Fathom / Griffons setup, my idea is that this goes some way to replicating that.

Plus your Sorc will glow :) I think you can even push MF higher with SCs, and she’d be pretty well balanced alternative to the more expensive set up

If you're looking for facets in particular, I think Gripphon showed Trav Blizzy with Tal's and high MF is most efficient way to farm them apart from Meph running.

The Griffon's setup you refer to that Gripphon used was with 200 FCR and Wizardspike IIRC, but that was for fastest running possible and without focusing on MF at all. I gave 200 FCR a shot as well but it didn't outperform the typical Fathom/Shako setups. -ELR from Griffon's does help, but I always had better runs with 105 FCR and major improvements in all other areas (damage, safety, life amount, general QoL...).

Tbh I'm not convinced Tal's is the way to go unless you really want facets (while farming runes, otherwise Meph is still better IIRC). Travincal S&Us are completely uselss apart from facets, unless you're untwinked/restarting/looking for some of those common S&Us. What makes travincal awesome apart from runes is rare and magic items, in particular rings, circlets, jewels.... For those I think best MF value was around 180. High MF can be detrimental even, turning awesome FCR/dueal leech rare rings to low roll Nagel and Manald. :D

My Trav Blizzy normally uses the below. With something very similar I won the 2019 RFL Travincal round, courtesy of some crazy RNG (result post here).
DFathom 'Ist'
Spirit
Shako 'facet'
CoH
WT
Arach
2/20 amulet
Hellmouth
SoJ
Rare ring with FCR, res, life

Inventory with Gheed's, 6 skillers and 2-3 small charms with life/res/MF.

That's for all purpose fast farming with huge quality of life bonus from Hellmouth.

For 2020 RFL I only ran for ~10 hours or so, and knowing I didn't have much time I focused exclusively on fast run times, using all-offensive setup with Ormus, NWV, and Fathom each faceted (result post here).

Reactions: maxicek
@ffs That is something like I used to use I think, but with Vipermagi instead of CoH (Mine is on the Merc)
Rares are also important to me, so maybe I stay with something like I had before [/indecision]

I forgot about the absorb for the sorc, I used 1.07 LoH before I think.

@maxicek i ran maras/viper/snowclash as opposed to craft/coh/arachs as well. Gives same blizz dmg and approx same resists. Just cold mastery is a little lower. I figured this worked more than well enough to not have to make a noneth coh, but then again I can't get the runtimes like some of these guys.

Hey guys what's up? Glad to see the thread going on still in this new location. What's the deal with the new location by the way?

I was playing some PoE, got bored, started playing Median XL and had been playing that a lot recently. But it's just not quite right, you know? I couldn't stay away from the regular ol d2 lod. So I started working on my 99er lightning sorcy. She's so cool she's got some real neat gear on her. She's still only 96 :( It's shameful. All this time played and my highest character is 96. Anyways, doing some baal runs and calcing out my experience I only have like 140 more runs to level 97 so I'll probably try to do that, or I'll get bored and make a new guy XD.

Anyways real nice to see familiar faces still posting on the forum. It's crazy how no matter where I am in my own life I can pop on here and I know that all the people I've talked with so much over the years are still a community.

Reactions: Luhkoh and PhineasB
So this is going to be kind of a depressing post, but it does tie into some D2 questions.

Basically, my dog Winston passed away on Sunday. It was unexpected and very sad.
winstoninachair.jpg

So bringing it to D2, I have been playing "untwinked self-found 99" characters exclusively for a while now, but never really pushed one towards 99. My plan is to make a Shapeshifting Druid named Winston to be the character I finally try to take to 99 as a personal way of honoring his memory. I've always wanted to make a powerful Shapeshifting Druid, specifically a Werebear, but have always failed so far. And I know it is probably one of the worst/hardest to pump to 99.

So I was mostly wondering if anyone has any experience playing Shapeshifters in this kind scenario? I'm level 30 and just beat Mephisto so far. I figure a Fury wolf is the actual most powerful variant, but PIs seem... very problematic. How bad is rabies? It looks pretty poor on paper. And as untwinked self-found, I wonder what kind of path I should take in terms of initial build, initial MF targets, or even what kind of targets can this guy potentially do end-game?

It should be a very long road... but that's also kind of the point. I like the idea of having things planned out a little bit in advance rather than just floating around filled with uncertainty for a while. Once I get past the initial questing/early farming phase, I'm sure I can figure things out, but any input is appreciated.

• Sad
Sorry to hear about the news about Winston. Our little guy also died recently, and it's tough. Hang in there!

In terms of shape-shifters, Strijdje took a wolf barb to 99, with this Pat post here. @Pb_pal is also leveling a HC wolf barb in the untwinked challenge. I think Baal runs will be the best bet for the later levels, due to limitation on shifting and teleport. Reaper's would be key, I think (A5 Lawbringer could work as a stopgap but loss of might aura would be significant). Also, I don't think Rabies is realistic for leveling into the 90s, as it is a slow killer and really falls off in effectiveness at higher p-settings in my experience. My rough thoughts:

- LK for runes (shapeshifting is no slower than other non-Sorc builds for this!)
- Meph to Reaper's; with teleport staff if no Enigma
- Pit runs to low 90s
- Baal (I don't think teleporting to Nihl and then shifting is realistic, especially with Vipers and Nihl teleporting away)

On gear, I think eth 2H Oath might be good early option, or shieldless Grief PB. Tomby with IAS/ED jewels would be ideal, I suspect. I will give gear more thought. With a good Baal map and Feral Rage's FRW, Enigma might not be essential to reasonable run times.

@NorthDakota glad you've found your way here. It's interesting that such an old community could survive a forum move, but we just had another MFO and there's still a lot of new content being created.

I can't find the detailed thread about the reason for the move, so here's a short one.

I am starting UT sorc and i was wondering if you guys have any advice? Is there anything i have to keep in mind, anything that i have to look out for etc. It will be a blizz sorc so i was wondering if i should go cold from the start to save a respec. Are there any useful items i can shop and if so, when is the best time to do it. I was also wondering how blizzard compares to frozen orb, especially since i will have limited respecs. Would be nice if someone explained that char a little bit from practical experience or just linked some sources that i can read. I know everybody is able to make a blizz sorc, but i want to make a good blizz sorc and i usually like to do a small research before making a char ^^

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High