Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Also, today I learnt that the eyes of the statues beside Hadriel follow you. How are there still things that I don't know about this game :p

very recently i learned that Blunderbore / Urdar / Gorebelly, the "club" that they wield is actually a corpse wrapped in chains.....
you can kinda make it out here:
blunderbore.jpg

so many years of fighting gorebellies, i never noticed it!
cD3Unm3.jpg

Last edited:
We typically factor in chance to hit when we calculate DPS, but you can more or less do the same with range. As a WW barb you often whirl crowds/packs, and not just single monsters, so losing range essentially means losing chance to hit, lowering your DPS.
I mean, if lowering your range causes you to whiff 10% of your attacks, that's essentially 10% DPS you lost.
But you're right though, it isn't really an issue unless you are using a weapon with 0 or 1 rangeadder, and as you said it's a tricky thing to measure. But it's something to consider, still. :p

This is what I attempted to do in my spreadsheet on the last page :)

With people expressing interest in running Snapchip I was meaning to pick up the idea of another MF or MF/RF tournament soon. I'd prefer something like the MF/RF tourney (so I can run P8 Nihlathak ;)), but we could also go MF only or even Snapchip only.

IIRC a handful of people already mentioned they'd like to participate if it happened e.g. early November – just wanted to check if there'd be others interested?

If so – does early Nov work for most? MF only or MF/RF combined?

I'd probably do it a tiny bit if I could in 1.07. Well maybe not much since I'll be very busy until jan :/

Will not have enough time until late December so don't count on me.

I need an advice on how to get a Necro from 77 to 90 the fastest. Assume God-tier gear and crappy Mercenary gear.

pit runs, probably. Novamancer with max CE of course. Insight should be sufficient for merc.

Could do WSK as well for variety

I should be able to join, whatever the format is, although first week in Nov isn’t good for me. If it is 20h over 3w, that would probably fit though.

Yeah, I'd be in for doing a Snapshit mf tourney. Well, we were just making fun of that intended lapsus linguae at the end of our group game, but I'd probably really be interested in a Snapchip tournament. Only after I have got my Sorc to 99 though. She only needs some 19 more hours of play, but as busy as things are now, that might not happen before the end of the month.

I think that Peter will be running Snapshit? @T72on1

Also, I'm at conferences 4th to 9th of November, so that would suck for me.

I can't repeat what you said in present company, but I shan't let you forget how you propositioned the Smith.

How about November 10-25? Seems that works for most, and the 2 weeks / 3 weekends duration was good I think.

So I'm thinking maybe an MF tourney limited to the targets in Act 5?

If Pit/AT are no options this provides extra incentive to run Snapchip, while still allowing people to run other targets (Pindle, Nihlathak, WSK, Baal..) if they want.

Would there be different categories for those A5 targets, or one where you can run any you want?

A quick question, does insight on a Merc stick give you healing when you don't use a prayer Merc? I have searched and can't find answer.

I started a challenge run in 1.00: a "glass cannon" amazon. All stat points are going into dexterity. Currently in act 2 nightmare and duriel is being a pain. Because AFAIK enhanced damage doesn't work on bows, I made this wonderful weapon:
View attachment 11184
Multiple shot is pretty powerful. Haven't had trouble killing things except act bosses.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High