Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

That was a rookie mistake. Great catch! Thanks, @NanoMist. Updated previous posts. A difference by a factor of ~1.5 for eBotD and ~2 for 2H Grief remains.

Last edited:
I would check the formula in the avg dmg column again. Comparing hit for hit, a 2-hander like an eBotD GPA should beat a 1-handed Grief by a decent margin (something like ~30% with your off-weapon ED example). Once the double hit check is factored in for DPS calculations, Dual Grief jumps ahead to the tune of ~50% more DPS.

Code:
eBotD avg dmg =  (avg base dmg) * 1.5 eth * 5.00 OnED * 11.9 OffED * (1+0.65+(1-0.65)*0.3)

I should stop posting so late and so tired. Thank you! Do the final numbers look about right now?

Last edited:
View attachment 11150

why i keep playing so greedy with sorcs, lvl 70, last one was lvl 77
Even pressed Esc once but played it greedy and deeded
I just need a break and play a slow untwinked sorc

Last edited:
@Caralis
Aw, that's so annoying.

I have looked at a drop calculator and the chances of finding Sanders set items. The best target is unsurprisingly normal Mephisto but the odds are surprisingly bad for the cap. Can anyone confirm whether this is correct or not (version 1.13)? Why such a huge difference?

Sanders Paragon:
1:13345

The rest:
1:521
1:439
1:261

Cap is TC3, Mephisto drops from this TC are improbable. Also since it requires a high ilvl to roll Sander's and it's a TC3 base item it's really difficult to find. The odds seem about right.

I don't know if my mind is rationalising the work I put in to learn the details, or the 3 Los in Zweihanders, but I'm enjoying the runs notably more now. I find myself worrying much less about my placement. Repairing is not annoying (need to repair every 4-5 runs), but I probably wouldn't do, say, Trav runs with this setup. Fortunate with the rolls, too:
Code:
Grief
Zweihander
EthTirLoMalRal
One Hand Damage: 19 - 35
Two Hand Damage: 29 - 54
Durability: 10 of 50
Required Level: 59
Required Strength: 125
Required Dexterity: 94
Fingerprint: 0x68470447
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
35% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
+31% Increased Attack Speed
Damage +399
Ignore Target's Defense
-25% Target Defense
+178% Damage to Demons (Based on Character Level)
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
-25% to Enemy Poison Resistance
20% Deadly Strike
Prevent Monster Heal
+2 to Mana after each Kill
+12 Life after each Kill

Grief
Zweihander
EthTirLoMalRal
One Hand Damage: 19 - 35
Two Hand Damage: 29 - 54
Durability: 28 of 50
Required Level: 59
Required Strength: 125
Required Dexterity: 94
Fingerprint: 0x6e14172
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
35% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
+31% Increased Attack Speed
Damage +382
Ignore Target's Defense
-25% Target Defense
+178% Damage to Demons (Based on Character Level)
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
-24% to Enemy Poison Resistance
20% Deadly Strike
Prevent Monster Heal
+2 to Mana after each Kill
+13 Life after each Kill

So, thanks, @maxicek, @zemaj, @Fruit and @NanoMist!

Last edited:
my pro strats to get sander's:

Roll a normal map (LK, bazaar, etc.) which has armor racks that drop caps. Takes like 20 mins after you find a quick, reliable one, since sets are so common.

edit: and it doesn't take long to get such a rack since you're only in normal!

Last edited:
@srrw @pharphis
Thanks for the help. Running around looking for armor racks is something I have never bothered with any time so I guess Sander is the right character to start with (Sanders folly, so he can do whatever silly thing there is to stay in character).

Nokoz, collecting the infernal tools set and the nokozan relic amulet, had the insane luck to find his cap when running for runes from the normal countess! What a stroke of luck, not only with the caps elusiveness but finding the right set one as well!

@Kitteh i love Hydra/FO sorc, i have one on SC.

My problem lies on playing WAY to fast. After i deeded my first sorc i wanted to do a fast recovery Sorc (fully twinked, blizz sorc) just to take the bitter taste. And well, that didn't work so well...
I have a Trapsin at act1 Hell. I will reroll another blizz sorc and i will play both chars together. Just to be forced to slow down my game.

No matter the continuous rips im enjoying HC very much.

lBU2Yo8.jpg

I know that feeling.

@srrw tell me those aren't your only HC rips, please, leave some faith in me.
@Kitteh totally agree, i have to stop going for high risk plays.
Btw my next untwinked project will be an FO/CB Sorc, inspired on Lyrella, i loved your countess running project.

I only deed when I'm questing. For the exact same reason you've deeded both your sorcs :p

@Owlie
@zemaj
I'm not sure exactly how WW in 1.14 finds and picks targets, but it for sure is not necessarily the closest target. If that had been the case, there wouldn't be a problem.

We typically factor in chance to hit when we calculate DPS, but you can more or less do the same with range. As a WW barb you often whirl crowds/packs, and not just single monsters, so losing range essentially means losing chance to hit, lowering your DPS.
I mean, if lowering your range causes you to whiff 10% of your attacks, that's essentially 10% DPS you lost.
But you're right though, it isn't really an issue unless you are using a weapon with 0 or 1 rangeadder, and as you said it's a tricky thing to measure. But it's something to consider, still. :p

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High