Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

That's why I've used a fire arrow rogue in 1.07... that and if you're a barb you don't want shattered corpses

I'm thinking of doing another batch of Baal XP runs with my barb(s). I have a couple of questions:

1) Does anyone know the cost and frequency of BA Grief repairs? A ballpark figure would do just fine.
2) Is it even worth thinking about a BA eBotD for this purpose (if I ever find a 6os eth BA, that is)? Or should I save the Zod and make the BotD in another base?

Thanks!

1) Grief repairs probably aren't that high, but BAs have a rather low durability. I had a character with one in the early 1.10 times (a WW barb IIRC... I was lucky and got 34+% IAS, reaching the final WW breakpoint) and it needed repair once every two Baal runs or so, pretty annoying. Besides, the damage difference between a Grief BA and a PB is negligible, so I don't think it will pay off.
2) I think that BotD is a runeword for a two-hander, as Grief will easily outperform it damage-wise with respect to one-handers. I put my precious Zod into an eth GPA and started a WW barb with the name (translation) Uncle Zod.

Why not make an eBoTD Colossus Blade or GPA instead?

I made an eBoTD Zerker, but that was mainly for a wolf.

1) @krischan, in my head, main argument for BA was the higher range. I found the last batch of WW Baal runs pretty annoying (and slowish), so I thought maybe more range would do it. (I'm a WW noob.) The repairs do sound very annoying. I probably won't waste much time thinking about this, then.
2) Thanks to both, I will look into it! I'm assuming Grief+Grief still outperforms the 2H eBotD in damage?

Oof, looking for a CB or GPA (no eth), just found a 6os 11/3 superior eth BA in my stashes...

@zemaj, thanks for the details! If I recall correctly, you have some experience with WW barbs :D So, the added range of a BA is not worth it?

Yes, Grief/Beast was one of the options I was going to look into. Hey, the merc will proc decrep slightly faster at least.

Thanks for even more details!

The fastest WW Baal runners I came across used 2xGrief BAs (Gripphon and a random guy on youtube). Now that you mentioned it, I recall the guy did whirl more at the edges than straight through. (If you have a WW Baal run video uploaded somewhere, do share :) )

I'm sold on the Beast combination, will definitely try it as soon as I find the 2nd 5os BA. That should be enough to keep me interested at least until lvl 96 :D

Last edited:
The Grief + Beast combination comes from BvC (Barbarian vs Caster) PvP builds. I have run this and 2x Grief before, for my play style I don’t see much difference. Mine are ATMA bugged though, as are Grip’s IIRC.

If you want a range 3 Grief base, consider a Zweihander. It has decent durability and always hits the last WW breakpoint.

Always great to hear a bit of SPF history :)

Would not have considered a Zweihander, thanks. Have to start picking them up, though.

Bit of a noob question , leaf runeword does not work in smoked sphere or Jared stone type weapons does it? Have found a nice superior one with 2 sockets with nice +skill too

So my sorc has made it in to NM. She is a blizzballer and has about 300mf. Thanks to the insight my Merc carries, the 34fcr spirit sword and rhyme shield, act V took 38 mins including Baal. Happy with that .

Found a nice 27mf Nagel ring too of a random monster .

Sadly i deeded my untwinked meteorber, just of impatience while farming Eldritch. Super avoidable death.
Learned a couple things:
1. Meteorbers are slow for farming with bad gear, i think Andy is your best bet. This translates to low levels and having a hard leveling time.
2. Resistances first, then go block. Especially on sorc if you go block you end up with crappy hp. You really need your ress on point.
3. Go for guardianship when you have max ress and half of act 5 complete, and dont deed like a noob.

I want to have a hell sorc alive! Please d2 gieb!!!

Last edited:
So managed to kill Duriel in NM, he's a tough nut when he hits you... my merc died three times and I thought I was toast on more than one occasion; the last time I had 7 life left as he clipped me on my to TP. Tried to upload screen but apparently file too large even after cropping.....Hardcore is fun!!!!

Still he did drop a nice green Circlet and my first attempts at crafting caster ammy; neither look too bad IMO, just not a sorc one :mad::mad:
Naj's Circlet
Circlet
Defense: 104
Durability: 21 of 35
Required Level: 28
Fingerprint: 0x34cb8886
Item Level: 55
Version: Expansion 1.10+
12% Chance to cast level 5 Chain Lightning when struck
Adds 25 - 35 Fire Damage
+75 Defense
+15 to Strength