Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Do people even bother claiming their item finding competition prizes? I feel like the people winning probably won't be needing any qualifiers at this point in time.

I would also like to join if it's going to be possible for those who do not trade.

I haven't seen any item claiming in the last few MFOs. We could probably let that part go, in order to get as many participants as possible? It could be voluntary for example.

Honestly, if it comes down to it and somebody REALLY wants to claim a prize that somebody else doesn't want to give up, I'm sure another SPFer would just volunteer the item. I would do it for almost any item that I have, honestly.

Also, yes let's definitely do this MFO. This is probably the greatest SPF tradition, we can't let it pass by. It's also highly valued for its tendency to bring some vets out of the woodwork for some nostalgic fun. I'll do my best to make enough time to have a decent set :)

Yea, I can also voluntarily help with the claiming process if it would be needed. :)

And agreed, MFO is THE Tradition!

I'm getting tired of doing next to nothing on my summonmancer so I feel it's high time to roll a barbar. What to build though? I feel like doing a 2H build but unsure of what weapon type to use? I'm assuming I want to go for CB above all else, so axes, swords, maces, or polearms have any particular CB prevalence over the others?

Agreed. I'd probably prefer end of October or later, but I'll go with whatever is decided. The 5 stages of Grief tourney will take a while anyway :).

@Grape - what time frame is everybody thinking? There is also the 5-stages of Grief tourney gaining traction. I don't think I have time for both if they're gonna be running at the same time.

Well, they are going to be running at the same time if we want to have an MFO this year :)

That shouldn't be a problem, no? MFO lasts ten days and these untwinked tournaments keep on going for months (even years).

As for the time frame, I don't really have any preferences. There's some busy times and less busy times, but I should be able to play some whenever. Let's hear some more when everyone can play and maybe the host (whoever that will be) will listen to you :p (Beginning of October? November?)

Btw, I suspect the mighty Olympian torch is free for grabs if nulio doesn't suddenly appear.

I dunno if this would be too late for everyone. But, late Nov, or anytime in December would be better for me.

Edit: Well, got my Blizz Sorc through normal already (lvl 43). Hopefully, I'll have her up and running sooner than I thought. Might have time for both tourneys.

Last edited:
@DiabloTwoinDC the good thing about a blizz sorc is that you don't need much in terms of levels or items to do AT runs. A CtA is of great help and will make you more efficient though.

I haven't got anything special planned for until December so also no special preferences regarding time.

Q1: A bizzard sorc can do her job with MF stuff mostly everywhere. MF beyond 300% doesn't make much sense with respect to uniques, it's still useful for set and rare items. She's most effective in the Tunnels and all you need there is a bit lightning and (because of death explosions of cold-enchanted bosses) cold res, perhaps also poison res for occasional hits by a zombie. I'm using Tal's armor+amulet+belt, shako+ptopaz, Ali Baba+MF/res jewels, Rhyme, Goldwraps, Chanceguards, rare boots with FRW, MF and resists, Nagelring, rare ring with fcr and resists, as well as skillers and resist SCs. On the weapon switch there's an Oculus and Spirit. I could use a 4 Ist monarch or a 6 Ist sword or 2 Ist Ala Baba instead, but that would increase MF from perhaps 450 to 650 which doesn't make sense. These two would be better for an act boss killer who doesn't have much MF otherwise.

Q2: I think a holy freeze merc + Insight is more effective. MF is usually done in a L85 area at /p1 (Tunnels are best for a blizzard sorc IMO) because bosses don't drop more on higher /p settings and you don't need more power on the offense there. Those few cold immune bosses are easily killed by the merc.

Q3: Spirit is for the non-MF weapon+shield slot, together with an Oculus or perhaps HotO. You don't need it for MF. I prefer Rhyme because it has CBF. If your merc has to hold the line, you want to move by running rather than by teleporting and cold damage would slow you down without CBF. If there's nothing to do for her but MF, you might even use a non-MF shield with a lower str req instead of Spirit and have quite a few more points in vitality. I prefer Spirit, however.

Yea, AT would be the primary target. Planned gear would be something like:

Shako/Nightwing/Glacial Circlet
Maras/Glacial Amulet
HotO/CtA on switch
Snowclash (don't know if she'll be lvl 80 for Arach's in time)

No SoJ for rings, might just use Ravenfrost for CBF.

I have a Chains of Honor (Wire Fleece, 111 STR), which adds another +20 STR. So, if I go that route, I might as well have Spirit Shield on switch, and I dunno what for MF. I'm wondering about a 1.07 shield with some Ist runes? Maybe gamble a blue Monarch +4os, or I have Luna (only +2os) I could craft:
Code:
7-21% Mana regen
+15-25 mana
+8-15 block chance

Gloves, Boots - probably whatever MF/Resists I still need?

I'd recommend skipping Ravenfrost ring and going with Nagel for MF. You really don't need CBF for a Blizzy.

Also, if you're going purely for MF, you will be running p1, so no need to go overkill on +skills and +cold damage. Shako w pTopaz would probably work better (the plus life will also help), and you could consider going with a Skulder's for MF instead of CoH. It's probably a better investment for the MF and then grab +2 skills, FHR, and FCR from spirit monarch plus some resists, using charms to get to whatever resists are comfortable. If she is sporting Heart of the Oak, it should be plenty comfortable with +skills for damage, resists, and FCR.

Good luck, whatever approach you decide to take!

I agree with the rest here. MF runs mean /p1, so you don't need that much in terms of defensive stats. Get your mf to something like 300%, make some runs, then make some tweaks to include more mf%. If you can do your runs still as fast, keep the gear, otherwise revert to the previous gear. Rince and repeat until you find the right combination.

O yes, and don't forget that a good map is as important of even more so than the amount of mf% you have, as speed determines almost anything on mf runs. Find one with a good amount of bosses, easy to navigate and not too far from the WP. And don't forget that only the unique bosses count, don't loose time killing the rest (although a big pack can be killed with a Blizzard if it doesn't slow you down too much).

Good luck !!

I use pretty much the same setup as Krischan, but no AliBaba.

3 piece Tal's
Shako, War Trav, Chance Guards
2x Nagelring
DF + Spirit

Setup has good damage and hits the 65FCR break point. I prefer not to switch (or use switch for CtA). Increased damage from DF means you can drop skillers for MF SCs.

That said I will probably run a Barb. Pit singer or maybe even Pindle. Not sure how much running time I will have though.

When I set players to 8 is the effect immediate, or do I have to leave wherever I am, go to town, and then return?

Also are there any buff timer mods, or are any mods not listed in the faq shunned? I don't see how buff timers would be considered game breaking. It's hard to tell when a buff is active - especially when multiple auras are up, and the aura graphics circulate.

/p8 will immediately affects objects iirc.
For monsters, it affects them when they spawn. So if you are a few screens away from a monster that hasn't spawned yet, and set /p8, they will be stronger when they spawn.

For auras that overlap, familiarize which stat they boost and open your stat screen to quickly scan to see if it's still active :)
Works for BO, battle command (depends on your stats like res), shout, fanat, enchant, etc.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High