Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Cool! Thanks :) Don't know how many style points I get for Zweihander, but nice to have some options. Is there any reason for why we don't see more Greif Zwei's? Something I am missing?

Last edited:
Phase blades also have a very convenient built-in mod: Indestructible.

Wait for that phaseblade and apply the socketing recipe to every plain one you find. Needless to say, once you have a 5 socket one, you will find more of them than you can use. For me, it was like that with monarchs as well.

Grab your javazon and run cows. Or grab a beer and use some OP char for pindle. Or hammerdin in CS or something. Just crank up the player setting and grind your teeth a bit, and you will get that PB in no time.

For drunk-playing, I's rather recommend a conc barb or perhaps a fana-zealot in Trav. Stumble to the Councils, press the button, done.

Cool! Thanks :) Don't know how many style points I get for Zweihander, but nice to have some options. Is there any reason for why we don't see more Greif Zwei's? Something I am missing?
If you want range 3, Berserker Axes do more damage (especially if ebugged) and have better stat requirements, and Phase Blades have speed/indestructability. I'd only suggest a Zweihander out of desperation if you're already specced into Sword Mastery.

I've just re-embarked on my D2 unhealthy obsession journey and have been wondering about the imbue quest. Do these carry over into subsequent runs, or do I lose it (along with Larzuk's socketing) after Baal?

I am specced to Sword, only because I didn't wan't to go through the hassle of finding BA's and hoping for min. 34% IAS. And It's only for this char. But something tells me I should wait for those PB's to feed my cube.

@RedRockRun Cool, welcome !!!

You don't loose those, you can do them anytime you like with the character that did the quests.

Thanks for the info. I haven't played since I was 14, so for the last few days I've been trying to digest a world of information. It's nice to see D2 has such a strong community. If only I known about this BBS back in the day.

Hey people, not too many months left of this year. I hope we can squeeze one MFO there before January?

It would be shame to miss one year. At least there were no years without MFO or two during 2005-2016, possibly longer. Let's keep the tradition alive? :)

@nulio hosted the last one, but he's not around too often nowadays. Would you like to continue or do you want to pass the torch? :p

I can't participate because I don't trade and can't fit much D2 into the calendar anyway, but I always follow the MFO/RFO threads with great interest, wishing days would have 6 or 7 more hours. 24 is not nearly enough.

I can't participate because I don't trade and can't fit much D2 into the calendar anyway, but I always follow the MFO/RFO threads with great interest, wishing days would have 6 or 7 more hours. 24 is not nearly enough.

Many people who don't trade have participated before, including me ;)

Yes, if we would follow the basic rules one would need a trader profile because the winners (or was it top 3) can pick items, but if one asked kindly, I'm sure winners wouldn't bother those who haven't really traded ever.

And I'm sure many will have to settle for quite modest hours. I'll play, be it 1 hour or 30 hours!

Do people even bother claiming their item finding competition prizes? I feel like the people winning probably won't be needing any qualifiers at this point in time.

Depending on timing, I would join in. I'm pretty much off the grid for last three weeks of October, but otherwise would almost certainly dust off some of the magic finding characters for a break from 99ers.

MFO? Yes, definitely !!! After all I finally have that Pitzerker, but haven't played him that much. That needs to change :).

@helvete Come join us. Last times prizes were never claimed, and I don't think it's an issue about the trader profile anyway. You would have to join the contest with a drummer Barb obviously :p.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High