Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Hey guys - a couple of questions. I reinstalled D2 a few weeks back after a long break but I'm unwillingly to play with my old characters or go through my stashes until I've settled a couple issues.

1) [highlight]Very generally speaking, which of the official patches are most SPFers here playing with?[/highlight] I may possibly want to trade here occasionally and I'd rather be using the patch that is the most popular. During my install, I settled on 13(d?) because the 14 series seems pointless for SP - but perhaps it's best to always go with the latest patch? Not sure.

2) [highlight]Would one of you fine peeps please upload the "official" FAM RWM mod to Mega and send me a link (or simply point me to a working SPF-approved link)?[/highlight] I can't access the download section of Thy's site for some reason.

I could download it from another site but I'd rather have the version that is floating around here. I could also just make my own version (it takes less than two minutes), but then I'd have to mention in my profile that my RWM is "homebrewed" and I'd prefer to not have to do that.

Thanks. :)

Most people play 1.13d (or 1.14whatever, though a lot of people stayed back)... you could always later upgrade to 1.14 if you're unsure but start in 1.13 so that's what I would recommend.

Other than that, 1.07 and 1.00 are popular. Not sure if anyone is playing 1.09 these days...

@Dredd Welcome to the SPF. We sure play a lot of patches, but our reference would be 1.13+. That said. just keep any and all of your characters in whatever version they're currently in. Moving a High Rune from lets say 1.12 to 1.13 would dramatically decrease its value due to the change in drop rates.

In other news, a thread on restarting was just posted here.

I can't find the Save folder with my pictures and char (only one), I tossed the D2 folder between my laptop and my USB pen, because I wanted to limit my playtime, but now I have no idea where the folder is. Nothing shows up in the search function, If I search for his name.

Where could it be? I found it once, but I can't remember where.

Pit's is giving me an extremely difficult time, out of a whole bunch of runs, only one Phase Blade has dropped (which turned out 1os). Could someone hold my hand and tell me everything is going to be all right? I don't like area running. At all.

Everything is all right. When I started out on SP, it took ages to find a plain monarch. I found ethereal , 1-3 socket, magical and rare ones and a Stormshield before I finally found one with no sockets (or with 4, I'm not sure). I even completed Tal's set and found a HR or two before.

Thanks for the encouragement, @krischan :) On the bright side though, the rune luck with this unlucky bastard has been way beyond what I ever could hope for.

EDIT: Oh snap! A 5 soc Dimensional Blade for Greif (WW barb) just dropped after the second run. I am getting so desperate now, I don't even mind repairing it once in a while. Or do they break like glass..?

Should I just plug in the runes, and upgrade it when I find a 5 soc PB from Travincal? I will probably find a couple of HR's before one drops there, givin' my rune:item ratio. I still wan't that last WW BP, though.

Last edited:
@NamelessPenguin - I strongly advise patience. Dimensional Blade is inferior base for Grief. It's not just needing to repair but it also has a much slower base weapon speed to phase blade (0 vs -30). Hold out for a Phase Blade and you'll be happy you did when it drops (which it eventually will ;)).

@NamelessPenguin plus one to what PhineasB said!

Make a small daily goal, like 15 minutes of Pit running. Or weekly/whatever suits you best. Stick to it, and you'll eventually have it. While waiting for it, just enjoy the drops that you'll get as a bonus.

I've been waiting over four years to finish my eth Tomby but the second RjoF jewel just won't drop. At least you won't have to wait that long! :p

Grab your javazon and run cows. Or grab a beer and use some OP char for pindle. Or hammerdin in CS or something. Just crank up the player setting and grind your teeth a bit, and you will get that PB in no time.

Also, try your luck with white PB + Pamethyst + Ral + Amn.

@PhineasB Yes, but I though it would hit the last WW BP anyhow? But I'll take your advice :) Dim. Blade will haunt me for the rest of my life.

@Grape Right now, I'm trying to keep it below two hours, which gets frustrating if you don't like area running :confused: I try to tell myself that I am looking for a Guilliams and War Travs, but deep down I know It's a lie.

@helvete I am only playing this one character, no GoMule. All the others (and my old stash) have been deleted. Whirling Cows with dual Flamebellow goes beyond my patience. Just clearing Pits on P3 with my current equipment is a pain.

Last edited:
Try to trick yourself believing you'll need 1k runs for it and you'll be happily relieved when it drops after 100 runs! :D

But yea, remember to try your luck with cube and each white PB.

you know it's been on my mind for a while now so I just have to ask: why the hell are there (I suppose) a korean botnet spamming this site.. I swear to god before I left we didn't have this much unneeded fanfare.

If you're really desperate for a Grief base and have no plans of using it on any other character, 1handing a Zweihander might get the job done - it's fast enough to hit the last breakpoint even with a bad IAS roll, the dex requirement is low, and it has an extra 1 range over a Phase Blade.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High