Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Ok, what do I do now?

I have been hitting LK consistently for the last four weeks with my Barb, and the rune luck has just been ridiculous. Found 3 Surs, 2 Ohm, Vex, Ist and a bunch of lower runes. So now I have my runes for Greif, and I am "only" one Ohm away from my second Greif (going WW).

So, should I just cube all the bits and pieces and grind LK for Enigma, or make a Greif and hit Travincal in hope for the last runes for Greif and Enigma? People say Travi > LK with WW barb, without Enigma..?

Read https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/lk-vs-travincal-vs-cows-runefinding-guide.940121/

LK is probaby still the most efficient in terms of getting runes for grief/enigma, whether you have enigma or grief already. Also true for a barb I'd reckon. If you are burned out on LK though, I don't see a problem moving to travincal. You don't really need uber gear to run it, and several setups can work with varying efficiency. Reapers toll for the merc is required though.

@PandadudeSP I forgot about that article. Great read :) I would not say I'm burned out on LK, but I would like to try something different. Since I only play this one char, I am not looking for a steady supply of runes or items, I just need these specific items.

If I keep running LK, I know I need to find three more Sur's to make Enigma (which I have been at for about four weeks now, on and off...), but I also "only" need one Jah, which Travincal can drop. And I need Highlord's, String Of Ears and just general gear upgrade, which Travincal also could supply.

BUT, and It's a big but. My LK map is perfect for me, I have never had such a great map before, and it would sure suck losing it for something I've never done before. It sounds challenging, which is always interesting :)

Damn, lot'sa things to weigh when only playing this one char...Lovely, that some of you guys can tolerate my whining..:oops:..:D I think I'm just going to stick to LK until I've found runes for both weapons, and take it from there.

@T72on1 'Grief', not 'Greif' - copy that :D

With such a good LK map, you'll need to keep it, and roll a second character for Travincal :).

@T72on1 I only play one character, so not rolling with another toon.

@helvete I am using Naj's staff and Harmony, and as much FRW I can pack. I am also thinking about just living with a potentially bad Travi map, since the Meph map is also pretty darn good, and I still need items from him.

If you're only playing a barb, there's no need to run trav. Just stick with LK until you have your Enigma + 2x Grief with satisfactory rolls.

Not sure how D2 related this is but... This 2 minute section of Thus spake Zarathustra sounds like it is part of the D2 soundtrack for act V :confused:

From 5:42

How do racks work in 1.13? The same as in 1.08? 1:800 chance for a unique? So if I have a spired helm rack, it can spawn nightwings right?

Cool, thanks @helvete - I thought about running her for War Travelers, Arreats, Highlords and String Of Ears, but it's way more of a hassle than Mephisto. But I will try and look for what you said :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High