1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

I'm guessing a rare ring resulting from the cold recipe MIGHT get more than 37 MPK, but I don't think one has been reported before. Would probaqbly require more than +1 mpk from the rare roll (is this possible?) or possibly some +cold res on the rare ring as well. I'm aware that rare rings tend to not glitch perfectly giving desired results, though.

I think in the past I have had mpk on a rare cold res ring that just lost the cold res affix. Could be bad memory, though. I just know there are issues with it not stacking the mods "properly".

Are there any rares in 1.07 that are sought after (more than modern counterparts), or is this done primarily to find jewels to reroll in 1.08?

Pretty much for the jewels...1.07 rares just can't come close to modern ones at the high end...NO +2 class skill affixes, 200%ED is the most a rare weapon can get (merciless + king's), lower max values for @rez and +mana affixes, no FBR on blocking/deflecting affixes, only 1 socket ever from mechanic's... However, for good LLD stuff, they're roughly equivalent for most items, and as the screenie shows, they come fast...

Wearing that much MF should also cause a noticible uptick in unique drops as well, though not as much as in modern.

WoRG

dunno about that, but I can guarantee you that sometimes Larzuk is a real asshat!!
😡

1.07, where blues get 1-4 sox, I recently got my first elite 'Pestilent'/'of Anthrax' bow:
Code:
Prefix 1234 Shadow Bow of Anthrax
Two-Hand Damage: 13 to 58
Required Dexterity: 195
Required Strength: 82
Required Level: 61
Bow Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0xedb52dac
Adds 242-280 poison damage over 6 seconds
6 seconds poison duration
Socketed (1: 0 used)
😭

WoRG

Can such bow be shopped? How much poison damage would it have with 4 emeralds in it? Could be a "fun" pvm bow when combined with beta bramble :D

Pestilent/of Anthrax bows can certainly be shopped...but not shadow bows (pretty sure the only shoppable elite bows are Ward & Hydra bows)
Such a bow would be dark green (of Anthrax, suffix coloring overrides prefix...Pestilent is white) if you choose to do so.
The bite damage is MUCH higher on the prefix (350/frame) than on the suffix (64-128/frame), but the duration is only 2 seconds (50 frames) vs 4 seconds (100 frames) on suffix

1.07 sums the bite damage, and also the duration, so a Pestilent/of Anthrax bow does 414-478 bite damage over 150 frames:
(414 * 150) - (478 * 150) = (62100) - (71700) bite damage over 6 seconds... 1 bite damage is 1/256th point of damage, so that's (242 - 280) damage over 6 seconds

Perfect Emeralds add a rather vicious 300 bite damage, but only 1 second (25 frames) duration... each!

So with 4 * PEmeralds, the bite damage on a Pestilent/of Anthrax bow is (414 + 1200) - (478 + 1200) = 1614 - 1678 bite damage over 250 frames:
((1614 * 250)/256) - ((1678 * 250)/256) = (403500/256) - (419500/256) = 1576 - 1638 damage over 10 seconds!!

Different patches calc and apply poison damage differently, so later patches may have different values, and if forwarded, the poison damage on such a bow would be calculated and applied according to THAT patch...but in 1.07 there is NO reduction for poison applied by missile weapons, so these are pretty nice there, even without Bramble and other poison-boosting equipment!!

PShBoA.jpgPLWBoA.jpg

WoRG

I have a couple of clvl 1 Sorceresses that were rushed to Act 4 Hell in Classic, and I'd like to convert one into a rack runner. What kind of gear/skills/stats would I need to start racking in 1.07 HC, and would it make more sense to level in 1.04 or 1.07?

Reactions: Fruit
Static/Frozen Orb is easiest, Static can sliver anything not LI, and 1.07 Cold mastery pierces CI, so FO can kill anything (eventually)...Orb aiming is like classic (don't shoot Orbs directly over mobs, but slightly to the side for best results) Getting Teleport means you also have TK, which is very useful for manipulating rack drops. Getting a point in Hydra (or an Orb/Staff with +Hydra) provides a way to 'tick' racks to manipulate what they drop.

Gear should provide FCR and resists, and MDR is VERY potent in 1.07, getting 25+ makes you MUCH safer... Skin of the Vipermagi is really nice, and can be dropped by normal Baal and the waves (which work well for leveling too)...Magefist/Frostburn, Infernostride, Peasant Crown, Spirit Shroud, String of Ears can all drop there too, and are good... also Riphook (the unique Razor bow) has 30%FCR instead of IAS in 1.07, and is a surprisingly good choice

Act5 mercs are best in 1.07...leech doesn't work on mercs, and you can't feed them pots with shift (gotta drag and drop to their icon), so his incredible health regen can keep him alive when other mercs just die, die, die...especially if you watch him and tele him outta combat for a few seconds when he gets in trouble. Get him a hurty 1hand sword, and MDR is very good for mercs as well... Arcane Sanctuary is an excellent place to level mercs...the narrow paths help keep him from getting swarmed, and you can cheer him on to help (Static Field)

Stats...STR/DEX for gear (don't go maxblock, the blocking formula is harsh in 1.07, especially at high levels), NRG if you must (ES doesn't work nearly as well as in later patches), rest in VIT

Obviously, I'd recommend leveling in 1.07 (Act5 + Mercs), but if you're more comfortable/faster in classic, do it there

WoRG

Reactions: DariusTriplet
Doesn't transferring chars to LoD from Classic make them 'lose' quests and waypoints to make up the disparity in 'Acts completed'? As in chars that were in Act4 Hell will only be in Act2 Hell after forwarding? I can honestly say I have no clue personally, always left chars in thier patch and moved anything forward on lvl1 mules, but I seem to recall the old 1.07 guide making mention of it...

Might make a good case for leveling in 1.07 if so... going to have to quest them back up anyway to get to the arguably 'best' areas for racking.

Reactions: DariusTriplet
Since nobody seems to want to comment on that:
NO! Everything you completed stays completed when you transfer from Classic to LoD.

Leveling has the potential to be easier in 1.07 at the beginning because characters can get Ancients for XP. A lvl 1 character gets to lvl 24 from Normal Ancients, 42 from Normal+NM Ancients and 52 from all Ancients combined. I did not do it that way myself but rather started out in 1.00 and raised four sorcs on maggots which is a good approach if you have no character to actually kill Ancients with in 1.07.

Of course that requires at least one strong character to be forwarded to 1.07, Ancients aren't a joke after all :D

More on 1.07 Poison Damage from items: So, I've known for a long time that in 1.07, weapons with poison pre- & suffixes and socketed with emeralds were very effective, but I've never really looked at how multiple items that supply poison damage stacked before, mostly because there are so few other items that spawn poison affixes: rings and amulets can get 'of Blight' (2-7 poison over 3 secs), circlets can spawn 'Septic' (+7 poison over 2 secs)(blue only) prefix & 'of Blight/Venom/Pestilence' (2-7/4-14/12-28 poison over 3/3/4 sec) suffixes, and jewels of Envy (which are usually weaker than in 1.09+...instead of a flat +20 poison over 2 sec, its 9 - (9-28, rolled when spawned) over 2 sec... There are no elemental affixes on charms in 1.07, so no poison charms.

However, I've recently been using a crafted bow with the 'Pestilent' prefix (+68 poison over 2 sec)...I needed to fill all the sockets with Fervor jewels to get IAS up, so there are no emeralds socketed in it, and when I equipped a rare ring with 'of Blight', I noticed that my poison duration jumped up to 5 seconds. I dug up another ring of Blight, and her poison duration jumped to 8 seconds!

In modern patches, poison duration from multiple items is averaged, but it turns out that in 1.07 they are summed!! This is potentially a MAJOR difference!! Poison Bite damage rates are also summed, but compared to whats possible on weapons, most of these items provide fairly trivial bite damage... its the increase in duration they can provide that allows a good poison weapon to rack up truely impressive damage numbers.

To test this, I loaded a MP game and had my Zon shoot my Barb (I reduced his Poison Rez to 0 first)...with just the bow, he took 69 poison damage over 2 seconds, with the bow and 1 ring, he took ~178 poison damage over 5 sec, and with the bow & 2 rings, he took ~295 poison damage over 8 seconds...I also dug up a Pestilent Kris and poked him with pretty much the same results, so it appears there is no difference in whether the poison is applied with a melee or missile weapon!

I haven't tested with the Pestilent of Anthrax 4PEmerald bow with 2 rings yet, but math says it would do 2547 - 2697 poison damage over 16 seconds:eek:

I also haven't tested how this interacts with poison skills, maybe after RFL... (Poison Dagger Necro might actually get a nice boost from the poison automod on NecroHeads!)

WoRG

So I've been thinking about how to rush characters from 1.07 to 1.10a for rewards:
  • Get access to RoF Hell in version 1.07.
  • Collect all Larzuk rewards in 1.07 (Crafts, Uniques, also if those run out just shop some blue armors for a chance at godly 4os armors)
  • Collect Normal and NM Ancients reward in 1.07
  • Collect Charsi rewards in 1.07 (no idea how this can be used to great gain...nice low level Druid helms maybe? In any case it's free)
  • Optional: Collect Anya rewards in 1.07 to get Grand Matron Bows for crafting.
  • In 1.07 collect Qual-Kehk runes for weapon crafts (Ort) and in 1.08 collect Qual-Kehk runes for amulet crafts (Tal)
  • Collect normal HF reward in 1.07 to get many gems at once. (rune ilvl in normal is only 27 for HF runes so crafting would be a waste)
  • In 1.07 and/or 1.08 collect NM HF rewards for crafts (and gems)
  • Collect Hell HF rewards in 1.10a.
This seems to be the most one can squeeze out of a rush without actually leveling any character. Two things are not 100% clear to me yet, namely HF rewards for NM as well as Qual-Kehk rewards.

Where you redeem NM HF depends on what crafts you like to do. On one hand you can get crazy greater 1.07 crafts (bugged rings, +3 amulets, 2os craft shields, 3os craft armor with reduction, 3os weapon crafts) or more narrowly get fewer greater 1.07 crafts (Boots with MDR/PDR, the first three deadly crafts) where sadly the best deadly craft is just outside the range of the HF reward (Mal...).
In any case you need a clvl 79 rusher in order to craft an ilvl 91 item with the NM HF rune you collect. (it has ilvl 60)

For Qual-Kehk rewards it's a split between what you want more, caster amulets or weapon crafts. For this part it pays to give at least the Normal AND the NM Ancients level up to the rushees since otherwise it's impossible to craft an ilvl 91 craft with those runes. To get an ilvl 91 craft you will need a lvl 97 rusher if you did Normal+NM Ancients but only a lvl 87 rusher if you did ALL Ancients. (No idea how feasible this actually is)

Following are some numbers from fruit's pattern generator about the amount of Tal, Sol and Shael runes (amulets and boots and gloves) in 1.08 LK as well as the number of jewels.
In 1.08 LK (at p1 and in Hell) there are a total of 746 Jewels, 134 Tal Runes, 37 Sol Runes as well as 30 Shael Runes across all unlocked patterns.

Locked patterns may have more (never less) of those items. The above number is just the total amount of those items if you combined the ones from each unlocked pattern. It is NOT necessarily the number of patterns for each of them.

So there's a huge disparity between jewels and runes in 1.08 which means that if you want to actually be able to use all your jewels on good crafts (I can only see Caster Amulets+Belts as well as Safety Boots+Amulet+Gloves+whatever you want MDR/PDR on) you should be looking at using HF and Qual-Kehk rewards in 1.08 instead of 1.07. There are so many good crafts in 1.07 that jewels are scarce as it is, adding the weight of 21 Ort runes (or various HF runes) won't help with that.

Getting a high level character in 1.07 is completely feasible. If you have even a pinch of the dedication it takes to get to lvl99 in modern, you'll make it... In 1.07, the mlvl cap is 90, compared to 85 in modern...so pretty much from hell council on, you don't get hit with an XP penalty for being overleveled until clvl96, even against regular mobs! XP from Champs isn't penalized until lvl98, and XP from bosses never gets this penalty. 1.07 does have global XP penalties for clvl, but at clvl95+ they are trivial compared to those imposed by modern patches. Of course, the lack of a /players command is inconvenient, but self MP can help

Your list is good, except for the point on the Imbue reward... IMO, 1.07 is the worst patch to imbue in. The bonuses for staffmod generation on Imbues was added in 1.08, as was +2 class skills on rares, and until 1.10 rares can't get more than 200%ED, any elemental prefixes, or several other affixes...classic had awesome potential on rares, but 1.07 nerfed rares hard, and it was only in 1.10 that they recovered the potential they currently have.

I also wanted to go ahead and post the stats for poison damage relevant to my recent posts:

1.07 Poison Damage Stats for affixes and socketables:
Code:
Affix         bite dmg    dur(frames)  spawns on
Septic        40            50         weapons, circlets
Envenomed     75            50         weapons
Corrosive     150           50         weapons
Toxic         200           50         weapons
Pestilent     350           50         weapons
of Blight     8  - 24       75         rings, amulets, NecroHead(AutoMod) 
of Blight     8  - 24       75         weapons(not scepters), circlets
of Venom      16 - 48       75         weapons(not scepters), circlets, NecHd(AM)
of Pestilence 32 - 72       100        weapons(not scepters), circlets, NecHd(AM)
of Anthrax    64 - 128      100        weapons(not scepters), NecHd(AM)
of Envy       48 - (48-144) 50         jewels

Emerald type  bite dmg    duration in frames
Chipped        60           25
Flawed        120           25
Normal        180           25
Flawless      240           25
Perfect       300           25

Tal Rune      200           25

WoRG

There is no 38+ MPK ring because the hidden affix adds to the wrong group (where cold resist used to be in classic, but isn't anymore). Cold resist from the rare affixes would be from the correct group, and for all I know might even cancel out the bug....

There is no 38+ MPK ring because the hidden affix adds to the wrong group (where cold resist used to be in classic, but isn't anymore). Cold resist from the rare affixes would be from the correct group, and for all I know might even cancel out the bug....
I've had mine cancel out the bug before, I believe (my memory could be wrong on this). I'm 90% sure I've seen bugged rare MPK rings from others posted on the forum before, though.

A question for the 1.07 Barb and Amazon players: I currently have two Amazons and a Barb in Classic that are leeching XP from maggots. The Amazons are level 74 and the Barb is about to hit 76. What is a good level to shoot for before I forward them to 1.07?

For the Barb I would say 76 at the least so he can equip the Bul-Kathos swords. Maybe 84 for all three just so I can use Arkaine's? Those are the only two big numbers I can think of.

Arkaine's would be my biggest worry, as HC player.

so it depends on whether or not you can handle cows with barb + other char (sorc, amazon) doing the kills... since you can always do the remaining levels in 1.07. Not sure if it would take more or less time (maybe slightly more?)

I forwarded the Barb at lvl 81 and left the Amazons in 1.00 at lvl 76 so that I can leech some more with them. I don't have any weapons for them in 1.07 anyway.

The barb is leveling at a slow pace on council but at least the runs are VERY easy. As long as there is no green aura I just whirl without a care in the world. Since I focused down the easy (=set) racks hard my equipment is very set heavy.
Bul-Kathos' Set - 'Eth' in Colossus Blade
Skullder's 'PTopaz'
Guillaume's 'Ort'
Laying of Hands
M'avina's Tenet
Dwarf Star (for the MDR)
Cold Res/MF/LL Magic Ring
Life/Mana/MF Amulet
War Travelers
Gull+Milabrega's Orb on Switch
For the level 81 to 82 stretch I wore 309 MF which is just short of the 332/328 MF breakpoint for qlvl 1 items for Minions/SUs respectively. I found at least one MF SC since so that will be improved for sure. Lightning resist is maxed and with the 40 MDR from Skullder's+Dwarf Star I don't have to worry about MSLE without conviction.

I found Tal's Amulet and Telling of Beads; now I'm only missing one set amulet (Arcanna's). I'll probably tone down the MF and focus on the Tal's Orb breakpoint once I find it.

Even though the experience gain is slow the items dropping are very high quality. So far I found Raven Frost, SoE, Java Skiller +18 Life, Cold Skiller, eth Vamp Gaze, 12 Max Dmg SC and Visceratuant (which looks a lot less cool when you actually look at it ingame :D)

For comparison in Classic a Barb can level 81 to 82 within a few hours on maggots (probably faster, don't want to promise too much) while in 1.07 it took a lot more than that. The hard limit for Maggots is at level 84 when the worst level difference penalty finally kicks in. As a side note: the experience sharing in Classic is done before the level penalties (difference and global, the latter only being introduced in 1.03) so it doesn't matter much what clvl the maggot farmer is. As a consequence one can safely level a character alone in a full game without him becoming 'worse at letting others leech'.

On the topic of cows: Did anyone ever test CB + Freezing Arrow combo? I read somewhere that in 1.09 the CB was carried by the splash damage. If the damage is anywhere near decent to pick off slivered cows this could be a good budget cow build. Mana should not be an issue with MPK rings.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High