[won by mafia] 2d3 game normal, no lore, just lynching [Game Thread]

Man, I must be reading a different thread, b/c I was thinking page 25 definitely incriminates someone, but I don't see many votes. :unsure:
One thing comes to mind.

With D2DC flipping DOC, that means:

We have either a cop, neopolitan or a tracker involved.

So, there's one person out there who has a read on one of us, be it either a Scum/Town read or a is vanilla/is not or so and so visited so and so/did not visit anyone.

I'm not inviting that person to come forward but I'm starting to think if there was a night action that resulted in a read... that means there's a vote that a certain player won't add to a wagon.

Will have to wait and see...
What's this all about? Hmmmmm?

Day 3 votes:

Gorny 1 (snickersnack)
Pyrotechnician 1 (Gorny)
Zhao_Yue 1 (coju)

Players alive:

1. Gorny
2. Noodle
3. coju
4. Zhao_Yue
5. snickersnack
6. Pyrotechnician

Dead:
1. Babyhell Vanilla Town
2. D2DC Town Doctor
3. Skjolde Town Neapolitan

With 6 players alive it takes 4 votes to lynch and 5 to lock (standard ruling here) (please correct me if wrong calculated)

End of Day 3:

I thought you had said you had your ways but wouldn’t reveal them.
He changes his answer depending on how it suits him.

Man, I must be reading a different thread, b/c I was thinking page 25 definitely incriminates someone, but I don't see many votes. :unsure:

What's this all about? Hmmmmm?
I must be too. He is my top choice for vote right now but its still early.

Where have I seen this before?
Not sure, but what I was getting at was I don't believe him.

Day 1:

Grabbed on to my accusation of BH based on a post I pointed out as scummy. He indicated that he was using a scum hunting tactic that was used by a previous mafia player that resulted in him being a "pitbull" which resulted in him grabbing on to that reasoning and constantly questioning BH until he was ultimately lynched.

I was able to write this off as an aggressive tactic to find a mafia player based on day 1 activity.

Day 2:

Avoided answering posts obviously directed towards him (I remember specifically saying he sidestepped one of my posts), once a lot of pressure was directed toward him he flipped his position on Noodle and voted from him, a number of players followed this by voting for Noodle and at the very last minute (literally last minute) he unvoted him. This seems like a very desperate attempt to save not only himself but his partner. If Noodle is not his partner than I honestly have no idea what Gorny is doing in terms of playing mafia because everything he has done so far is not indicative of a town player unless he is just going off the rails for the hell of it.

Grabbed? If that's how you put it. But I seem t remember that the way the lynch of BH went down was I quoted BH's post on the setup, went after it several pages of stuff happened, and somewhere in there, and after the train was going, you said you "noticed something" but did not act on it.

Nice twist of words there fireguy.

I thought you had said you had your ways but wouldn’t reveal them.

I never said that as far as Noodle is concerned, and if you go back and look, I spelled it out completely.
He changes his answer depending on how it suits him.

I must be too. He is my top choice for vote right now but its still early.

Not sure, but what I was getting at was I don't believe him.

lol.

Getting nervous are we?

A few thoughts for you Gorny
  • 1. If you managed to figure out D2DC was either PR or mafia, if you were mafia, wouldn’t that give you motive for you to NK him?
  • 2 I assume you’ll never reveal the reason why you believe Noodle is town, even if the evidence would help your townie credibility? Sounds like an ‘Empty Folder’ fallacy
  • 3 You warn us about LYLO/MYLO but is hard pushing for a lynch, before even letting others post and having a discussion. I would think if things are at a critical stage, you take your time with things, but you have a lazer like focus as if you are set in your ways. Your mind is already made up and you’re grasping for that final townie lynch.
  • 4 When you asked whether pyro or I killed D2DC, that what known as a Loaded Question, not meant for information gathering, but rather to antagonize your opponent. No matter what answer they give, it makes them look bad and you go in to paint them suspicious. If I answer the question, I’m scummy, if I ignore the question, also scummy. I’ve used that tool many times in previous mafia games.
  • 5 So your evidence that pyro and I are mafia is both of us voted BH, and both of us didn’t vote Noodle. So if I hadn’t been pulled away from my desk near the end of the day and placed my vote to lynch Noodle when you unvoted, how would you have changed the narrative to paint me as mafia?
  • 6 If you thought either pyro or I were suspicious, why didn’t you bring this up earlier and explore that path? Was your intention to hold it all in and have a showy performance today?
  • 7 Seems like you’ve reignited your aggressive and in your face persona, has the ‘Pitbull’ made a return to intimate everyone to do as you say?

1. Yes, of course. But also consider Skjolde. Had I been mafia, taking into account how and why You and Pyro are mafia in my eyes, one of you would have been dead last night via the same method.

2. I did, and I explained it thoroughly, you either missed it or you're ignoring it. Even Noodle commented on it.

3. I odd that you say I am set in myh ways, when I haven't really played many games over the course of the lst few years, So that does not work eh Zhao?

4. Indeed.

5. I would have said that one or both scum were on BH

6. That's already answered. To refresh I did not see what I saw until N2, so i couln;t have brought it up until at least D3

7. Only the scum are feeling intimidated, I think.

Compelling points have been made, but I’m not buying the pasta he’s making

Vote: Gorny

Grabbed? If that's how you put it. But I seem t remember that the way the lynch of BH went down was I quoted BH's post on the setup, went after it several pages of stuff happened, and somewhere in there, and after the train was going, you said you "noticed something" but did not act on it.

Nice twist of words there fireguy.

I never said that as far as Noodle is concerned, and if you go back and look, I spelled it out completely.

lol.

Getting nervous are we?

You sure do have a very vague recollection of what happened on day 1 Gorny. "Several pages of stuff happened" which consisted mainly of you going after BH, but if we want to say "several pages of stuff happened" sure, lets go with that. Also, I said I noticed something but didn't act on it? That's also very vague. You are really going to make me go back to the first day phase and all the way through to prove that you are just lying through your teeth at this point. Fine by me. Here is every post I made on Day 1 after pointing out what I thought was BH's slip up and your "Several pages of stuff"

My question is how did we get 8 pages between then and now?

I could be convinced to vote for skjolde or zhao. I'd also vote Noodle because well, noodle, the rest I don't have enough reason to vote for right now.

Let me get caught up.

Ok, I read that whole mess and what the hell happened (pun intended). I'm not sure where to go with this now but there were a few things I noticed that were interesting.

Nope, that doesn't help, the entire discussion from when I left to when I came back is pretty much all of it.

Above is returning after "Several pages of stuff".

I dislike this claim of vanilla, and then presenting the "he flips scum/he flips town" line directly following. It gives me a bad feeling.

I know this was in the middle of a heated discussion between you and Gorny, but this is not something that should be suggested. Editing to self mod kill is poor sportsmanship. Lets not go down this route of wanting people to do this.

Let's also not go down this road either, this was a thing way back on the last forum when you could check the last time someone was online. So you could figure out if they came back to the forum, but didn't post anything in the game thread. This was a slippery slope then and is still a slippery slope now. I would strongly advise against tracking people's online status. For whatever this super secret Gorny knowledge is (which I also dislike), lets keep it for an after the game discussion if need be.

The above is actually where I pointed out I disliked Gorny's claim of vanilla and his respective if he flips scum if he flips town scenario.

I think the above ends up being the long and the short of the whole mess of this right? Babyhell made a really strange claim in the beginning, I caught it, and then Gorny grabbed on to it like a rabid dog. The series of posts that led to this just doesn't seem like something a townie would say, the specific exclusion/inclusion of certain roles in the post almost has to be read as a slip by a scum. Gorny and D2DC seem to have picked up on something else during the whole exchange as well but are keeping quite about it.

I think I'd like to revise my initial response of who I would vote for to include Gorny, but at the same time I think he is just using an extremely aggressive tactic.

Going back to the car crash comment someone made, and scum just driving past. I can see it.
This is my last post of that day phase, there is no mention of me "noticing" something and then not following up on it. This post included me wanting to expand my list of who I would vote for to include Gorny but gave him a pass at the time, and that the scum team could have been just sitting back while the town was fighting amongst themselves.

Next I'll have to dig up the posts where you specifically mentioned your thoughts on Noodle.

I now realize that I did say the word notice in my second post quoted there, but I then followed it up with the following to posts quoting the interesting parts that occurred and giving my thoughts. Surprisingly they mostly involved Gorny in some way.

Day 3 votes:

Gorny 2 (snickersnack, coju)
Pyrotechnician 2 (Gorny, Noodle)

Players alive:

1. Gorny
2. Noodle
3. coju
4. Zhao_Yue
5. snickersnack
6. Pyrotechnician

Dead:
1. Babyhell Vanilla Town
2. D2DC Town Doctor
3. Skjolde Town Neapolitan

With 6 players alive it takes 4 votes to lynch and 5 to lock (standard ruling here) (please correct me if wrong calculated)

End of Day 3:

Here are all the day 1 posts from Gorny that I could find referencing his knowledge on Noodle:

I'm not supportive of a D1 lynch on Noodle. I have a hunch that he might be town.

Anyone else @D2DC ? I have neutral feelings for everyone else at this point.

True.

I'm not trying to protect OUR power roles.

I am trying to find OUR scum.

Odd thing though, I've been keeping an eye on who's been online since D2DC commented on Babyhell' post #186 and then my post regarding the same after that, including the back and forth between me and Babyhell about the whole thing.

You know what @coju ? No one that has been online since has immediately voted me for it. Not even Babyhell. You did. Are you his scum partner?

Oh and BTW, I am not tying to tram Babyhell in the analysys he made. I pointed out his analysis, made a case against it, an then voted Babyhell with my reasoning behind it.

Like I said there are two possibilities:

1 Babyhell is scum and I just caught him hook, line and sinker. If this is true, he will flip either Goo, Role Cop or Role Blocker.
2. I'm wrong. If this is the case, Babyhell will flip town or a town power role. I'll then take the heat for it. If I am lynched I will flip vanilla town. Remember that.

I have reason to to think Sir Noodle is town. So eliminate him from the scum pool.

That leaves scum hiding in : You, Babyhell, Pyo, Snicker, Zhao, Coju, and Skjolde.

Thing is it's totally possible that you can know if I am lying or not. If you are scum you are 100% sure that I am telling the truth because you and your partner know the setup. It's that simple.

I only have a read on Noodle, and not anyone else at this point.

- and to clarify, I'm not watching "Online presence"

Im looking fr a different tell.

What is this mysterious read on BH? I spotted your read on a certain someone as well, and don't think we should be discussing it if you catch my drift.

It's something I learned to do way back when I was a mod. It'ssomething that anyone or any player can do, regardless of alignment. If I say what it is, it instantly becomes useless. Being a mod himself, Noodle might do it too, I don't know. I'll never tell Noodle either.

I catch your drift, that's why I'm saying nothing more on either subject.

and to @Babyhell and @coju , it's not personal. I'm attacking the play, nothing more.

It's fine if you want to claim a read on Noodle as Townie, based on something you learned, but can't disclose.

But I hope you agree that you will need to substantiate this further down the road, should focus turn towards Noodle for whatever reasons, and you still believe in your secret read.

Please note, just so it is CRYSTAL CLEAR, I am not asking you to disclose your method.

On Noodle, if alive I will fully disclose.

If dead, i will disclose in the dead thread/after game.

Im keeping a private Word doc with all of my thoughts on what I post. Will share post game.

Could you clarify if that's related to your "will not tell" thingy?

Yes, I am asking you to answer it. The only answer is No, and I don't know if you'll be lying or not. For me it fits the description given:

Not willing to clarify.

Though...people are more than welcome to speculate on this ...tactic i employ

Here are all the day 2 posts in relation to Noodle:

Just got to work and forgot my phone. Anyways I'm here.

D2DC did not have a beef with anyone that I can recall.

I think his death was a lucky shot by scum.

One thing I did want to comment on but now can't find, is that i could have sword I saw someone put up a vote against Noodle. i might have been seeing things. Or - when I read the thread via mobile last night after work, I might have been looking at a day 1 post before BH's lynch.

So my comment on that is invalid.

I have an odd feeling that Sir Pasta head is town. So I'm not supporting lynching him at this time, unless something changes. @Noodle care to join us, enlighten us about insurance and backup policies incase of an invasion or hostage situation.

- Gonna look at a few other posts and respond when I get a break.

I'm going to have remain silent on that issue for the rest of the game, reason is I have noticed something about another player other than Noodle because of this thing, and I need to keep that info private,
we will call it sonar for now.

Here is the point where Gorny changes his opinion on Noodle, this is in the middle of coju and snicker suggesting we vote for Gorny.

Sadly I cannot summon Noodle at will. The man does not do anything unless he wills it.

Speaking of Noodle, I am considering actually voting on him. Yes, I think he was possibly town or maybe a PR. But the fact that he has not bothered to respond to a post or two of mine pointing at him is pushing me to not trust him.

As to the rest of the posts asking me stuff, I just got to work, will catch up soon.
Gorny I think the only vote there is placed is on you.

Do you have any suspects of your own?

On @Noodle and why he might be a town PR and why at this point I am not sure anymore:

Ok, noodle's first post as above. I think he was joking all along. He likely read his role and was having a bit of fun in game. Though Noode HAS been known to be one of the ones that never confirms. his Role PM.

This was a day one poke at him, I knew he wouldn't say anything and wasn't expecting him to.

True.

Complete BS and has nothing to do with the game, however, it's slight truth: Noodle does insurance work IRL. But since this does not fit any role or game mechanic, I disregarded it as day one banter.

I was asking him to comment on his insurance role there, where he said " a little from column a, and a little from column b. (post #122, forgot to quote it here)

Pointing it out to him to consider.

When he made this post, it put me on the fence. My thought as to @Noodle was that he might have been hinting at him being a town PR with the comment he made in #122. If he was scum on the other hand, he wouldn't have said anything I think.

Though in hindsight, BH made comments about the setup, and even though BH wasn't as vague as Noodle, my thoughts and suspicions about BH turned out wrong. So my thinking Noodle is a PR is sus also.

Lastly, the fact that Noodle hasn't commented on anything I have said and how he continues to be vague doesn't really give me anything to stick to as far as trusting him or thinking he is a PR role.

It's totally possible Mr. Noodle is scum and flying under the radar as usual.
That's a difficult one to answer.

I wanted to see how the votes went today, so far the only vote on me is @coju and no one else has voted.

Everyone else is holding back and not voting yet, I have a feeling scum haven't voted today.

Vote: Noodle

@Noodle

Do you have anything to add?

After this point, skjolde, snicker, and coju all vote for Noodle which gives Noodle enough votes for a lynch.

Unvote: Noodle

My intent wasn't to start a noodle lynch train or to get him lynched.

I just wanted to see who would jump on and vote and who would/did not vote if anyone.

Thanks for the info guys.
Note this was done at the exact last minute of the day so that another vote couldn't happen.

Also, here is a bonus post I found interesting in the day 1 posts while I did all this digging:

Not quite true.

If mafia claim VT day one, they will eventually get caught in a lie in a game with a pre-defined setup such as this.
Huh, eventually get caught. Imagine that.

It’s a story. A good story. One that would be logged under ‘non-fiction’ at the library.

Not quite true.

If mafia claim VT day one, they will eventually get caught in a lie in a game with a pre-defined setup such as this.
I would conclude this is excellent bread crumbling.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High