[won by mafia] 2d3 game normal, no lore, just lynching [Game Thread]

Well, it seems like Zhao's absence was not a strategy, but instead RL. I hope that everything is okay with him.

What I originally meant was that Zhao's recent posting pattern seemed to help the mafia team, so he seemed pretty sus. We're down to 5 players, so three are needed for a lynch. I can side with @Gorny and @Noodle, or I can side with you and possibly Zhao, if that seemed to be his allegiance. With yesterday's NL, I'm inclined to vote "against" Zhao (now @Leopold Stotch), but I'm not sure anymore, given his absence wasn't intentional.

Now that @Leopold Stotch has taken over Zhao's role, I will have to see what she thinks about all this. Your thoughts, @Leopold Stotch?

This has been one interesting game and I cannot believe how unlucky us Townies have been with the fact our PR roles are dead. :( Let's hope we can still manage a win!

My uncertainty is largely my fault as I could have been digging more and pressing people on their posts. However, as I said, @Gorny seems very sus to me overall. 🤷‍♂️

I will agree with this sentiment. His posts seem kinda all over the place.

(It's been a busy few days, and I just got home from the grocery store, so it's CHILI TIME! Hi Leo 🙋‍♂️)

Woohoo! chili!!! Hi, Snicker!

Gorny was modkilled for violating one of the rules all agreed upon.

Players alive:

1. Noodle
2. Leopold Stotch (Zhao_Yue)
3. snickersnack
4. Pyrotechnician

Dead:
1. Babyhell Vanilla Town
2. D2DC Town Doctor
3. Skjolde Town Neapolitan
4. coju Vanilla Town
5. Gorny Vanilla Town

With 4 players alive and 2 of them being mafia, the game is won by the mafia team, because they outvote town.

Pyrotechnician and Leopold Stotch (Zhao_Yue) were mafia!

Congrats to the mafia team! I had both of you pegged as mafia.. why do you always have to NK me?

Well played all! Too bad about the absence of Zhao and modkill of Gorny. No hard feelings from anyone I hope and I look forward to the next game.
It has been revitalizing to get the mafia games going again on the new forum!

Reactions: coju and d2lover
Well that was anticlimatic....

Sorry Gorny, I think I was probably the reason you were modkilled. Zhao had a water line in his house burst so he was going to be unavailable the rest of the game. Pretty much the reason why he didn't return after he asked you that list of questions. All we needed was for Zhao to come in at the last minute in the previous day phase and place a vote and we would have sealed the win last day phase, but of course that wasn't possible due to real life issues.

Game continued on and d2lover said if Zhao didn't post this day phase he would be modkilled for inactivity, so I was overly hopeful for a replacement since we were this close | | to winning, thus reaching out to Leo to see if she would fill in, and that's where it came to light that you and her bounced a couple of ideas off eachother. D2lover said that a substitution would still be allowed, just that it would essentially confirm that Leo (Zhao) was scum to you, but either way that didn't really matter to me since Zhao would have been modkilled and revealed scum at the end of the day if there was no replacement pretty much sinking my gameplan to get you lynched. I didn't realize this would result in you being modkilled however as I thought d2lover was going to let the early idea bounce slide, but I guess something changed between then and now.

Congrats to the mafia team! I had both of you pegged as mafia.. why do you always have to NK me?

Well played all! Too bad about the absence of Zhao and modkill of Gorny. No hard feelings from anyone I hope and I look forward to the next game.
It has been revitalizing to get the mafia games going again on the new forum!

You were chosen for the fact that you are a threat, people that are overly good at figuring things out sometimes take precedence over trying to randomly hit a power role. We just got lucky that you were both a person that is good at figuring things out and had a power role. Considerations also have to be made how easy (or not easy) it would be to get a player lynched, and you had hardly any heat on you.

Reactions: Babyhell
I am not very proud of my decision skills!

I have many things I want to discuss with all of you now.

Some of them are:

what is allowed to say? (Did you stop beating your wife)
who can submit the nightkill? (if one of the mafia team has a powerrole)
game freeze when replacement? (to let the replacement catch up with the gamechat)

You were chosen for the fact that you are a threat, people that are overly good at figuring things out sometimes take precedence over trying to randomly hit a power role. We just got lucky that you were both a person that is good at figuring things out and had a power role. Considerations also have to be made how easy (or not easy) it would be to get a player lynched, and you had hardly any heat on you.
Good points, thanks for explaining.
I thought about playing it a bit differently, being less analytical and hopefully not draw much NK heat on me. But on the other I thought it best to try and stay consistent with how I normally play (a style which I also prefer), no matter if I'm vanilla, PR or (in the future) scum.
Of course people look at previous games and behaviour, so my thought was that consistency is key.

who can submit the nightkill? (if one of the mafia team has a powerrole)
In my opinion any is allowed to do so. It can be set clear if there's a hierarchy discussed between them early in private chat, but personally I would take into account a NK of the active player if there's an inactive one, and if both disagree on the NK (i.e. for me a double NK request by the two players on two different players), then no NK as they have not taken a decision.

what is allowed to say? (Did you stop beating your wife)
This and my joke to Girny about self MK (wait...did I tell at some point that I was a tarot card reader?) could be allowed with the condition added to have a clear messaging - i.e. explanation, external link, etc..? In both case that went pretty soon after, but if it is to be formal, then it should be into the same message. I agree that without context it can be seen as rude or over the line.

Nothing to say on third point.

The reason I was modkilled is because technically, I voilated rule #1 without realizing it, I had been chatting with @Leopold Stotch the entire game while she wasn't playing, and I did mention my private thoughts and how I was arriving at conclusions.

When she replaced in, I alerted @d2lover who ruled as such. Kind of my fault really.

As to how I knew people were power roles? I've decided to say how, because I think other people have done it in the past, including Leo herself and others. I watch profile activity, specifically looking for people "engaged in conversation" depending on when this occurs, this tells me that someone is either a possible power role or scum. There's a defense against it though, Pals and Noodle can turn off profile visibility (it's why I turn mine off during mafia games when I play), and if non pals do nothave this ability the defense against it is dual window loading. You load two forum windows, set one to the forum list, then open or read PM's on the other. As soon as you go into a PM, refresh the other window. I used to use this tactic when I was a mod for various reasons.

How was I so sure on Pyro and Zhao? I saw them "engaged in conversation" within seconds to minutes of each other after the end of the d2.

Also that's how I knew @D2DC was a power role, i saw him engaged in conversation the night was murdered by Pyro.

Also that's how I knew @D2DC was a power role, i saw him engaged in conversation the night was murdered by Pyro.
I knew this was your secret evidence. The problem with it is that some of use use conversation to take notes during the game and/or we are active on the D2 gameplay/trading forums PMing other players..

I knew this was your secret evidence. The problem with it is that some of use use conversation to take notes during the game and/or we are active on the D2 gameplay/trading forums PMing other players..

That occurred to me.

Case in point, BH's multi note posting in his role PM. That's why I mentioned it and also why it doesn't work as well as it used to. So even though it worked this time, I won;t be doing it anymore because it's not foolproof.

The reason I was modkilled is because technically, I voilated rule #1 without realizing it, I had been chatting with @Leopold Stotch the entire game while she wasn't playing, and I did mention my private thoughts and how I was arriving at conclusions.

When she replaced in, I alerted @d2lover who ruled as such. Kind of my fault really.

As to how I knew people were power roles? I've decided to say how, because I think other people have done it in the past, including Leo herself and others. I watch profile activity, specifically looking for people "engaged in conversation" depending on when this occurs, this tells me that someone is either a possible power role or scum. There's a defense against it though, Pals and Noodle can turn off profile visibility (it's why I turn mine off during mafia games when I play), and if non pals do nothave this ability the defense against it is dual window loading. You load two forum windows, set one to the forum list, then open or read PM's on the other. As soon as you go into a PM, refresh the other window. I used to use this tactic when I was a mod for various reasons.

How was I so sure on Pyro and Zhao? I saw them "engaged in conversation" within seconds to minutes of each other after the end of the d2.

The thing is I consistently had two tabs open, specifically to avoid this, but depending on when you looked at it, it wouldn't have been avoided. I'll have to see if this is an option for non-pals. I was a pal on the other forum so maybe I should just jump back in again on this one to have that option.

This kind of goes back to watching online presence. I rather it not be used as a tactic or at least specifically stated as a reason for building a case against someone.

Reactions: coju
The thing is I consistently had two tabs open, specifically to avoid this, but depending on when you looked at it, it wouldn't have been avoided. I'll have to see if this is an option for non-pals. I was a pal on the other forum so maybe I should just jump back in again on this one to have that option.

This kind of goes back to watching online presence. I rather it not be used as a tactic or at least specifically stated as a reason for building a case against someone.
Sneaky.

I was refreshing the members list every few seconds...

I wonder how it would have gone down with Zhao playing normally and Me not modkilling myself...

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High