[won by mafia] 2d3 game normal, no lore, just lynching [Game Thread]

Re: pyro and skjolde- I always find it suspicious when someone posts something along the lines of, "boy, look what happened last night!" It always seems like a mafioso posting in order to be seen posting, without adding any real insight to the discussion.
That's a good point.

Can you comment on my previous post directed at you or not?

Re: pyro and skjolde- I always find it suspicious when someone posts something along the lines of, "boy, look what happened last night!" It always seems like a mafioso posting in order to be seen posting, without adding any real insight to the discussion.
Fair enough. I think I added a lot to this game already, be it insights, inquires or simply answering questions. I don't need to be seen posting. And my "boy look what happened" was followed by several posts, by me, digging for clues and connections in previous posts made by D2DC.
So it's fine that you and others get that suspicious feeling, when someone writes something like that, but in thos context and for what I contributed with after that post, I don't see it applying to me in this instance.

Gorny is not free to go and still suspect.

Re: noodle. He has posted more yesterday than the past two games combined (at least it looks like)

He is still suspect. Officer! Exhibit A!

I admit I was wrong about BH yesterday.
Had no clue on D2DC though.

I thought I was going to end up dead this morning, but in fact, what I did was narrow down the pool of PR town to those other than me.

If scum believes my claim, than they will either push another lynch today or pile onto another person.

I'm not sure what would make you think that you would end up dead this morning?

- Pushes hard for BH lynch (I grant I also voted for BH)
- Claims vanilla boldly
- BH gets lynched, ends up being town

So basically you claimed vanilla and had a heavy hand in lynching a townie? Which translates into ending up dead? Isn't that the opposite of what to expect if you are town?

Also, I'm not sure what you are getting at with that last line, aren't we supposed to be looking for another person to lynch?

The irony of the person posting this is killing me. :LOL: I think this falls more into getting the day rolling, someone has to make the first post, and this is the reason why no one wants to do it apparently.

So Pyro, are there players that you would not support a lynch on at this point?

You should consider game history as part of your reasoning for voting or not voting for someone. Babyhell you mention specifically the fact that D2DC and I can sort of read each other, the reason for this is game history, we've played enough games together that you get a general feel for how they respond and act.
I found this quote interesting in light of the NK on D2DC..

@Pyrotechnician were you afraid that D2DC would sniff you out for being scum?

So Pyro, are there players that you would not support a lynch on at this point?

Nice sidestep of my post Gorny. I like it.

This is actually a good question though, directionally I'm trying to figure out where to go with today because I have reason to doubt each person, and it doesn't seem like any traction is really being made. I think I'm going to have to go back over a few posts to really pull together something that would lend to a reasonable lynch canidate because I don't have the confidence enough to lay my vote down like I did for when we were discussing BH.

After this I'm going to make a rough list of why I have doubts about each person, and you can tell me if I'm mistaken.

I found this quote interesting in light of the NK on D2DC..

@Pyrotechnician were you afraid that D2DC would sniff you out for being scum?

No, I was not afraid D2DC would sniff me out for being scum, I thought for one game we were actually on the same thought pattern which is why I had him down as a town lean yesterday. That being said, If I were scum, and D2DC were still alive inevitably he would probably be the first one to point my direction if he were to find anything in my posts that seemed off. That's just what happens over the course of playing a number of games together.

One thing comes to mind.

With D2DC flipping DOC, that means:

We have either a cop, neopolitan or a tracker involved.

So, there's one person out there who has a read on one of us, be it either a Scum/Town read or a is vanilla/is not or so and so visited so and so/did not visit anyone.

I'm not inviting that person to come forward but I'm starting to think if there was a night action that resulted in a read... that means there's a vote that a certain player won't add to a wagon.

Will have to wait and see...

(Please correct if wrong)

Day 2 votes:

Pyrotechnician 1 (coju)

Players alive:

1. Gorny
2. Noodle
3. Skjolde
4. coju
5. Zhao_Yue
6. snickersnack
7. Pyrotechnician

Dead:
1. Babyhell Vanilla Town
2. D2DC Town Doctor

With 7 players alive it takes 4 votes to lynch and 5 to lock (standard ruling here) (please correct me if wrong calculated)

In order of the players alive list because that was the easiest to copy:

1. Gorny - Third vote on BH. After D2DC and I had our vote on BH declared himself to be a "pitbul" and was highly aggressive with pursuing the BH lynch. I wrote off the aggressive play as a tactic but its possible that there is something more to this and was more of a cover if/(when) BH flipped town. Claimed to be vanilla early and has the impression that yesterday's actions would make him a target for a night kill (still don't follow this line of thinking). Has insider knowledge that Noodle is somehow town.

2. Noodle - No vote and no substantial posts on day 1, only post so far in day 2 is his comment on opening day posts which is probably more than we can expect from Noodle. Only reason I am not more suspect of Noodle is because of Gorny's "knowing" he is town, and I don't really like relying on that.

3. Skjolde - Fourth vote on BH, but noted that he didn't specifically see BH as being that suspect. He seems to be at least probing and asking questions today to get feedback, but I'm not sure if this is leading to a suspicion of anyone or not (outside of myself of course). Seems to be fairly active throughout both day phases though.

4. coju - Did not vote for BH and specifically indicated he did not like the BH lynch. Has high confidence in one of the three people that voted for Babyhell early on (D2DC, Gorny, and myself) to be scum. Does not seem to be putting any focus on the players outside of those three players, this was even questioned near the end of the last day phase and I believe he indicated it didn't mean that the non-voters weren't scum, just that believed one of the three to be scum. The part that concerns me the most is the almost "knowing" that BH would turn up to be town, and then ignoring the other late/non-voting players all together.

5. Zhao_Yue - Last vote on BH, secured the lynch, if he didn't vote it would have been a no lynch, although others have commented that they would have been the 5th vote if he wasn't (believe it was snicker and skjolde, although skjolde had already voted at this point). I actually don't remember anything noteworthy from yesterdays activity, and commented today that he had a theory, but is currently MIA. Is this because busy or because scum?

6. snickersnack - Did not vote for BH, "joke" voted for D2DC and then unvoted. Was involved in the discussion late in the day phase yesterday but did not end up voting for Babyhell in the end but mentioned he would have to secure the lynch today. Mentioned the possibility of having an "inept" scum team of himself and coju (when Zhao just mentioned that he had a theory?) and questioned if gorny's aggression should be a point of focus but is now also MIA.

So uh...yeah. I guess I'm least suspect of Skjolde? But that's about the best I can say about the group as a whole.

Oh man, I was hoping to wake up to some sick analysis..
Sorry buddy, got busy and couldn't get around to it.

Let me summerize and throw an idea at you and tell me what you think:
- coju declares that within 3 voters (pyro, gorny and D2DC), 1 is mafia
- what if he's trying to draw our attention there so it's away from those not voting BH (coju, snickersnack and Noodle)
- there's a saying in mafia games, "don't look for what's there, but look for what's not there"
- mafia teams like to distance themselves from each other so coju votes Gorny and his partner (snickersnack or Noodle) doesn't vote
- let the townies bicker amongst themselves while the mafia team stays back
- the mafia team can just go down the list and push lynches, wasting the towns time

We have either a cop, neopolitan or a tracker involved.
last person that mentioned anything along these lines you clamped down upon like a rabid dog.

(Which is why I didn’t like the lynch on bh. The reasonings were just, bleh. I’m glad my hunch paid off. And I’m thankful Pyrotechnician still sees this as sus)

Sorry buddy, got busy and couldn't get around to it.

Let me summerize and throw an idea at you and tell me what you think:
- coju declares that within 3 voters (pyro, gorny and D2DC), 1 is mafia
- what if he's trying to draw our attention there so it's away from those not voting BH (coju, snickersnack and Noodle)
- there's a saying in mafia games, "don't look for what's there, but look for what's not there"
- mafia teams like to distance themselves from each other so coju votes Gorny and his partner (snickersnack or Noodle) doesn't vote
- let the townies bicker amongst themselves while the mafia team stays back
- the mafia team can just go down the list and push lynches, wasting the towns time
I like it. Except the part that has coju in it.

If my attention pointing is pulling away from others I’m certainly not trying to do that. This is a team game and takes us all to pull a lunch together. My hope is that someone else will check and look at them too, as some of you have excellent analytical abilities.

last person that mentioned anything along these lines you clamped down upon like a rabid dog.

(Which is why I didn’t like the lynch on bh. The reasonings were just, bleh. I’m glad my hunch paid off. And I’m thankful Pyrotechnician still sees this as sus)
coju brings up a good point, I'm surprised Gorny is bringing attention to this person when he is trying to hide.

coju, you don't think Gorny is trying to fish for the other townie PR is he? Did you understand his talk of breadcrumbing?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High