Single Player D2R News round up

It's possible that I am uninformed, is there a different route to enjoy the same experience? Why eliminate playing the game with someone right next to you? Multi-player doesn't mean playing with anonymous entities, to me.

Well, you can still play MP, you just have to do it through Battle.net. Most of the big developers have their own proprietary services now. Don't get me started on the total inanity of the hoops you have to jump through to accomodate Rockstar's shitty gaming service just to play RDR Online with your friends on Steam. It's simply an extra layer of crap to wade through so that game companies can data mine and direct-market, while trying to pass it off as a 'premium customer experience' or some other bullshit.
They often used to claim it was to foil hackers, but the fact that pretty much all of those games get hacked mercilessly anyway (see D3 ladder), they can no longer say that with a straight face.

Any info on HR drop rate? I'd guess it will be the same as in the latest D2LOD patch but I'm a bit concerned about Blizz increasing the drop rate even more to make the game more casual.

I've been a bit curious about this. I'm planning to play it pretty safe and create new chars on switch and PC and mostly just test moving them around and muling with them for the first day or two. But I think I'm going to bring in my LK Sorc and check for drop patterns pretty quickly, maybe get started tomorrow.

Hi, I'm from old forum now we have a shiny new version!

Anybody heard about strength bug being fixed? I saw it on a list of changes on FB group but can't find the source.

BTW, I've read your forums back on diabloii.net when I played D2 like 15 years ago and it's how I fell in love in single player (after, I hate to admit, getting banned on bnet for using maphack). I quickly realized I have much more fun playing SP than bnet, especially with GoMule. I've read a lot of your forums but I don't think I've ever posted, so hello :)

Welcome to the forums you two! Always nice to see some new faces.

Launch times:
CLMBSUNVYC4G1631911637971.jpg

I'm all pre-loaded and ready to go.

Has there been any word on the bug regarding the poison cloud bug of the vipers at nihla? Or any list of bugs that got fixed?

Here's an unofficial list from Blizzard forums, I follow news about D2R pretty closely and it's pretty solid.

1. Auto Gold Pick-up
  2. Advanced Stats Screen (Shows total FCR, LL, Magic Find ext)
  3. Stash size increased to 10x10 + Added 3 more Shared Tabs.
  4. Gamble Refresh Button + Item no longer disappears when buying multiple of the same type.
  5. Cow King Kill Causing Lock-out Removed
  6. Ability to link items in the chat window to show other players.
  7. No game creation limit. (do limitless pindle-runs! )
  8. New Battlenet System. (consoles need lobbies still)
  9. No character expiration. (20 character limit hopefully won’t be max on launch)
  10. Ladder-Only Unique Items Unlocked for Non-ladder (Single Player gets Anni/Torch)
  11. Ladder-Only Runewords + Cube Recipes Unlocked for Single Player + Non-ladder
  12. “Endgame” Events Unlocked for Single Player. (Uber Diablo spawned with 1 soj, Bnet is ~75-120)
  13. Playable on Xbox, PS, Switch with cross-progression.
  14. Global servers (No US East/West forcing you to re-create. Simply switch regions before lanch to play with anyone on PC)
  15. More Details for Mercenary abilities
  16. Hold shift to compare items to equipped (no recommendations, just shows items side by side)
  17. Enable loot drop names to be up all the time instead of holding Alt.
  18. Ctrl click items into stash instead of drag & drop
  19. WSG, Ebug, Strength, NHAM(?) & Sin Trap Bugs Removed (we should get a list of all soon)
  20. Unique Appearance of all items now show properly on your character when equipped.
  21. Character selection screen has ultra close-up of your character + A Detailed back-drop of current Act for increased immersion. (underrated addition)
  22. Wide-screen Support up to 19:9 (removal of black-bars while zoomed-in possible compromise) (control zoom while holding F + Mouse wheel.)
  23. More Accessibility Options (controller support, change text size, colorblindness, etc)
  24. TCP/IP removal (Lame. maybe brought back in a future patch?)
  25. Increased overall map visibility.
  26. Completely New Graphics Engine with Remastered Cinematics and Sounds (obvsly)
  27. Optional toggle for “Miss” text to appear on monsters for better combat feedback.
  28. Added In-Game Clock.
The author of the list is Haterade, i thought i should mention that.

Still don't understand why there is no shopping window refresh button, but there is for Gamble.

I've been a bit curious about this. I'm planning to play it pretty safe and create new chars on switch and PC and mostly just test moving them around and muling with them for the first day or two. But I think I'm going to bring in my LK Sorc and check for drop patterns pretty quickly, maybe get started tomorrow.
In an interview they said, they won't alter drop rates on release, but will monitor the grind at higher levels and discuss if drop rates need adjustment. I will try to find the link to the source!

EDIT: The source is a German website, I quote:
buffed: Nochmal zum Thema Ladder: Könnte man die Ladder nicht etwas beschleunigen, indem man beispielsweise die Dropchance für Runen verzehnfacht oder so?

Rob Gallerani: Das wäre nicht undenkbar, vorher müssen wir aber die Daten dafür auslesen. Früher gab es nicht wirklich die Datenanalyse, die uns heute zur Verfügung steht. Wenn wir beispielweise sehen, dass Spieler ab einem gewissen Punkt signifikant verlangsamt werden, können wir sowas eventuell nachträglich anpassen.
buffed: Coming back to the topic of ladder: couldn't you speed up ladder by increasing the drop chance of runes by say 10 or so?

Rob: That wouldn't be unthinkable, but before that we have to analyze the data. Back in the days we didn't really have the kind of data analysis tools we have today. If for example we see, that from a certain point on players get slowed significantly, we can maybe adjust that subsequently.

note: I'm bad at translations, sorry...feel free to correct my translation. Also, the original German text is - obviously - already a translation from English to German. Would be fun to see the original text. I also am not sure, if there might be some bad translations in the original German text. "eventuell" is something that draws my eye - lots of German people falsely translate "eventually" with "eventuell", although "eventuell" means "maybe"...if Rob had used the word "maybe" in the original interview, I would probaly rather have translated it with "vielleicht" and not "eventuell" (the latter is simply more unusual)...but I guess we'll never now, if I am simply too suspicious of the translation or if indeed they will adjust drop rates "eventually" and not "maybe"...

Last edited:
Reactions: Miron and Kartongen
Has there been any mention of the Andy bug being fixed in D2R? Considering NM Andy is one of the best sources for a SOJ... very curious about this one.

Haha nice!

New laptop arriving tomorrow, gotta say I'm itching to play. Got it on PS4 too, just to play super casually with a couple of friends. We played a bit of bnet once it launched, but yeah Torch & Anni are first order of business once forwarding any SP chars.

Need to farm some keys I guess... Good on the SoJ side though. :)
SoJ.png

EDIT: Does anyone know of a quick and easy (and ideally free) way to migrate a Win 10 system/user/programs to a new computer? :D Seems like there's no migration assistant along the lines of what macOS provides... :/

Last edited:
How does TCP/IP work, and why can't it be continued?
TCP/IP is a protocol that underlies how the internet works on a low level - everything on a network has an IP address. To use it to connect up multiplayer games you'd set up a machine as a host and give the other person your IP address, they'd enter that address into a box in D2, and it would connect your copy of D2 directly to theirs.

It never worked that well - firewalls and routers were always a problem when connecting to somone not in your house - and becuase you'd have a copy of D2 directly exposed to the internet it adds lots of potential IT security issues.

I think the only solutions we have are allowing limited access to Open Battle.net (if that still exists) or just accepting that 'Single Player' means what it says.

Reactions: JimMorrison
Can someone explain how this DClone works?
I mean you just sell a Soj in any act? And where is Dclone supposed to appear?

Once you summon him, is there anything you should be aware of?
Does he disappear if you die or something?

Trying to buy the game through paypal but it constantly gives me an error. 😭

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High