MFO Summer 2020 Signups and Running Thread

Looks like the Filthy Casuals has the competition right where we want them!

Comparing my luck this year to last year, there is definitely a stark difference in the amount of TC87s Baal/minions have been coughing up. I may not hit 50 hours again this year, but 40 is not out of the picture.

• Wow
Reactions: Babyhell
When there is time, there is hope.
When time is not an issue, there is faith.
When there is no time...there is luck.

And everyone knows that it is ALL about luck for RFL and MFO tournaments.

Choose your path. I chose mine.

Well...it's not like I had the choice!

Reactions: Luhkoh
@Friiser Hope everything's okay, dude.

The average number of bosspacks on my map has gradually gotten lower throughout the MFO...

I know the feels. My hour of practice runs before the MFO on a newly rolled map felt pretty solid, but as I've played on I've found it very inconsistent. I'll get some runs where there's just one or two packs besides the guaranteed chest group more frequently than I'd like, and the locations of the ones that do show up are all over the place. The loss of efficiency hurts, particularly when I've been working overtime all week in RL. Don't have the time to waste on empty runs.

A85
Quite a shake up of the leader board. The leader has built a little cushion, and the next 5 or so are in a pack with a chance to catch up the leader with some big dropS.

I'm probably over analyzing these marked points, but I am who I am (and I don't want clarification from Phineas -- I love the suspense). Could be that big drops are meant to be distributed to all the players so they can all equally compete, but if any one player needs multiple big drops then I'm worried for everyone including myself. And @Nagisa built a cushion, meaning they've pulled away?! That's inconsiderate, dawg. What I'm gonna need you to do is fry your hard drive and let me walk away with a win on this one. ;)

Doesn't matter. I'm hungry for this. Three days remain, only eight hours of work left to interfere, and I'm determined to go as hard as I can to give all the alvl85 competitors a run for their money. ...'Cept I think maareek's unexpected backing is what's gonna curse me. You did that to set up frozzzen for the win, didn't you?! ❄ ☃ :p

Reactions: maareek and Luhkoh
Honestly, my guess would be there's still a good chance for everyone this weekend, so I wish you all the best out there! Here's hoping we have some really nice results across the board to make the MFO shine bright. I've been a bit busy with other obligations, but I'd like to sneak in another 3-4k runs before the dust settles to give you all a worthy opponent. I might even go make a CTA, so I stop having to pick up gold. Well, probably not that last one.

...'Cept I think maareek's unexpected backing is what's gonna curse me. You did that to set up frozzzen for the win, didn't you?! ❄ ☃ :p
Or, perhaps, I did it to keep you from forgetting about the beasts behind you, so you'd run full force til the finish, hmmm? ;) *taps head*

It's also possible that both the point you made and the point I made are true. I'm allowed to be a complex man! ;p

Honestly, my guess would be there's still a good chance for everyone this weekend, so I wish you all the best out there! Here's hoping we have some really nice results across the board to make the MFO shine bright. I've been a bit busy with other obligations, but I'd like to sneak in another 3-4k runs before the dust settles to give you all a worthy opponent. I might even go make a CTA, so I stop having to pick up gold. Well, probably not that last one.
"I want to work hard and show good games for my fans!" I almost believe you watched the GSL 10 year anniversary this morning, cause you're sounding like an e-sports competitor for sure now. I'm proud of you.

But now you take those 4k runs you're gonna do this weekend, which give you a 25% chance of winning, and you add those to those 8k runs you've already done that gives you a 75% chance of winning. So that leaves the rest with a 25% chance of winning, but then you add froz to the mix and those chances drastic go down. See the 13-way at a85 means the rest of 'em have a 7.7% chance of winning, but you have a 15.4% chance of winning cause froz knows he can't beat you and he's not even gonna try! So everybody else takes their 25% chance, and subtract that 7.7% chance, and they have a 17.3% chance of winning at a85! But then you take your 75% chance and your 15.4% chance AND add that to your 100% chance cause you're not normal, you're firstgisa, and you have a 190.4% chance of winning at a85! The numbers don't lie! And they spell victory for you at a85!

...I'm not sorry. I tried to come up with something using Stephon Marbury's "levels" interview instead, but something tryhard something failhard.

Last edited:
Took my twinked Javazon from lvl 86 to 95.
Screenshot038.jpg
That may be it for me, although I'm thinking of respec'ing my Blizz sorc to Blova to get some progress toward lvl 95 (currently 94.4). Good luck to everyone over the last day+ :)

TRM must have a voodoo doll of me, because my area is experiencing a lot of power outages this weekend. Hopefully tomorrow is a cleaner day for runs.

'Twasn't me! 😇 In fact, despite my drive something compelled me to cut into my MFO time and play Rocket League for two hours tonight. Someone's playing dirty and messing with us. Who wants to fess up?? ;)

Last edited:
Alright, the final stretch. Good luck everyone, and please remember to send your results as soon as you've finished running for the day, to me for Pindle+ and A85 and to Albatross for Baal.

Reactions: Pb_pal
MFO curse continues -- third year in a row where RL granted me barely any gaming time during MFO, and not much luck either from those pitiful ~500 runs so far. So consider this just my mandatory RNG complaint ;) got 2.5 hours left now, at least Tyrael's could have the decency to drop, or so I think...

Edit: Results sent. Not even complaining helped... :mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: PhineasB
I was at 750 runs done in the morning (2 pm when i woke up XD) and decided to get to 1k till the end of the MFO. First 200 runs weren't a problem but then my sense of time got a little bit blurry. When i came out of the shower it was 11:08 pm XD I immediately rushed to the pits to finish those last 50 runs. I was done 2 minutes before midnight XD

I could definitely do way more runs than that, but i didn't feel like going for it. I felt some motivation today, cause i wanted to finish those 1k runs. Luck was pretty ok i guess. Currently at 6,3k pitruns done after i lvled up my barb to 99 and focused on farming to finish the grail. Still no Bane Ash though...

@Neck Romancer Yeah, i know. I had my grail planned with a lot of details long ago. The thing is that i would need to go to normal, which would result in rerolling my pitmap. I wanted to keep it for the MFO at first but i still don't know if it's worth it to reroll it. It took many hours to get it and it's really good. Maybe i can let it go since i got top 1 Pitzerker score in Hall of Records some time ago. On the other hand, i've also heard that i would have to be insane to reroll it XD

Results sent in...Each update the score kept growing. Good luck topping the final score fellow Pindle+ runners. Super stoked with my score and my finds along the way. 2100 pindle runs exactly, then with the 55% hork it's over 3k worth of runs. I'll take that. Ended up with a total of 40 qualifiers and a couple of great non qualifying drops as well. Will put together a post when the results are out. Good luck to any still running.

Reactions: Trim and PhineasB
Results sent, Pindle+...very disappointing year for me...oh well...there's always next time!

Runes: 2 PUL, 1 UM, 1 MAL

37 qualifiers in 2700 runs

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High