MF/RF Tournament - Sign-up and Running

Sure, I'll be in. Not sure if I'll finish a set, also not sure who I'll run with, but I'm in regardless! I'm signed up for Category 1 right now, but am open to changing to Baal if people need some competition there too.

-------------------
Category 1
Targets:
Level 85 areas, Pindle+, Cow level
-------------------
ffs
PhineasB
Hutton
ioupainmax
NanoMist
RIP
CrustyRusty
smloeffelholz
pharphis
Pb_pal

-------------------
Category 2
Targets:
Baal & waves
-------------------

-------------------
Category 3
Target:
Nihlathak
-------------------
Yng

Running probably with my Pit Nec or maybe I'll join phar with a Fire Druid and AT running. Or maybe a mix of both!

-------------------
Category 1
Targets:
-------------------
ffs
PhineasB
Hutton
ioupainmax
NanoMist
RIP
CrustyRusty
smloeffelholz
pharphis
Pb_pal
Grape

-------------------
Category 2
Targets:
Baal & waves
-------------------

-------------------
Category 3
Target:
Nihlathak
-------------------
Yng

@T72on1 Regarding GoMule time, I know it normally doesn't count and I abused that fact myself, but I thought I'd give this a try for this tournament. For example during RFL Travincal running, I'd estimate I spent at least 10-15% of the time muling. Not identifying items in game or using the in-game stash at all essentially extends running time by that much, and gives you an edge over people who use the normal/intended in-game methods of stashing and identifying items. But these methods work perfectly fine, and IMO people shouldn't be forced to either not use them or be at a disadvantage. The idea was that all participants actually spend the same amount of time on their running.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Since it's a change from the usual routine, it might not hurt to mention it again at the start of the tournament, so that's it's clear for everyone.

I'll be running Nihlathak, but just to give @Yng some competition. Rune drops from him have been so bad overall up to this point, and S/U as well lately, that I don't expect anything from him, and I'm actually quite bored of him at this point (yes, I did run Neverland in between ShouldBeEasy, but not much), but it'll be a good reason to progress with Neverland.

-------------------
Category 1
Targets:
-------------------
ffs
PhineasB
Hutton
ioupainmax
NanoMist
RIP
CrustyRusty
smloeffelholz
pharphis
Pb_pal
Grape

-------------------
Category 2
Targets:
Baal & waves
-------------------

-------------------
Category 3
Target:
Nihlathak
-------------------
Yng
T72on1

Cool, nice number of runners already! So how does everyone intend to balance MF and killing power? What kind of setups? Which player settings?

I rolled nice Pit maps last weekend for both my Javazon and PN Necro. Both are great for the task obviously, but since Necro can stack more MF and is similarly fast, I'll probably run with Venomancer. I set the toons up like this for now:

Griffon's Eye (Cham)
2/20 craft amulet
Enigma
Titan's
Head Hunter's Glory (2x RBF, 15 IAS/13@)
2x rare rings with 10 FCR + LL + ML + MF on one of them
Razortail
3/20 Gloves
War Traveler

Switch: CtA + Spirit
Merc: Infinity, Stealskull, ebug Fortitude
Inventory: Cube, Gheed's, 7x skillers, MF and life/mana SCs

2/20 circlet (PTopaz)
2/20 P&B amulet
Death's Web (Ist)
Enigma
Spirit
Nagelring
10 FCR/19 MF rare ring
TO Gloves
Arach
War Travelers

Switch: CtA + Spirit
Insight IG

Merc: Infinity, Andy's, ebug Fortitude
Inventory: Cube, Gheed's, 7x skillers, MF SCs

Question for both is really whether to drop a couple of skillers for more MF, and whether Javazon can be more efficient with 68% FCR switch but higher MF. Could also use Rhyme for MF and CNBF and shuffle around a bit, not sure... As for Necro, I might try and roll a map where most bosses spawn in the "nests", that should make skillers dispensable. Haven't checked P5 vs P7 for Necro either. So, bit of testing left to do until next weekend!

That being said: Like @Pb_pal I might also consider switching to Baal, if others end up signing up for Baal, wouldn't mind using the momentum for pushing my untwinked 99er Necro. Also, for the avoidance of doubt, everyone can switch categories until just before the start. :)

Maybe I'll switch to Category 2 and win that category by default :D...it's about the only chance I'll have against you lot!

I wiil run with my bliiz sorc (lvl 92) both pindle and AT most likely. If Ill finish the set it would be excellent to gain some exp with light sorc, currently lvl 86. It will be my first tournament so a little bit excited :)

-------------------
Category 1
Targets:
-------------------
ffs
PhineasB
Hutton
ioupainmax
NanoMist
RIP
CrustyRusty
smloeffelholz
pharphis
Pb_pal
Grape
mulligan

-------------------
Category 2
Targets:
Baal & waves
-------------------

-------------------
Category 3
Target:
Nihlathak
-------------------
Yng

Alright, I'll be running AT & pindle as well to make it more of a challenge. :p

-------------------
Category 1
Targets:
-------------------
ffs
PhineasB
Hutton
ioupainmax
NanoMist
RIP
CrustyRusty
smloeffelholz
pharphis
Pb_pal
Grape
mulligan
Shuffleblast

-------------------
Category 2
Targets:
Baal & waves
-------------------

-------------------
Category 3
Target:
Nihlathak
-------------------
Yng
T72on1

@mulligan Nice !!! I thought I couldn't recall having seen you in a tournament before. No stress, it's about the fun, not about winning. Of all MFOs, RLFs and the like I have been in, there have always been a lot of participants, and only one winner. So the winners are the weird ones ;).

Cool, nice number of runners already! So how does everyone intend to balance MF and killing power? What kind of setups? Which player settings?

I think it'll be /p8 Pits with the PNecro. Not optimal for MF I know, but I have trouble leaving that XP and rune-finding probability on the table since both matter more to me than S/U. :p

His map is comfy now that I'm used to it and produced decent rune and MF results in the RFL. It also seems to drop Sacred Armours and Unearthed Wands fairly often (well, relatively speaking), so I'll be hoping for a longshot to get me a good placement.

His setup will be:

Fun Necro Circlet
Skull Horn
Circlet
Defense: 22
Durability: 33 of 35
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x1429e30e
Item Level: 95
Version: Expansion 1.10+
100% Chance to cast level 51 Poison Nova when you Die
+2 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+20% Faster Cast Rate
Adds 37 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
-5% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+5% to Poison Skill Damage
+83 to Mana
Fire Resist +24%
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Rainbow Facet

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x29f9c51
Item Level: 95
100% Chance to cast level 51 Poison Nova when you Die
DWeb + Facet
Death's Web
Unearthed Wand
One Hand Damage: 22 - 28
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0x643d2c50
Item Level: 88
100% Chance to cast level 23 Venom when you Level-Up
+2 to All Skills
+2 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
-54% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+9 to Mana after each Kill
+9 Life after each Kill
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Rainbow Facet

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x504316bf
Item Level: 88
100% Chance to cast level 23 Venom when you Level-Up
Enigma
Spirit
Trangs Gloves
Maras amulet
SoJ/BKWB
Arach
rare boots with FR/LR/MF

@Pb_pal Sweet, finally we have our Pit Necro gang together. :)

That is a nice hat! It's a bit of a shame that douchebag Larzuk only punched one hole in my blue 2/20. :mad: Seems you're not at 125% FCR though so could as well go Shako? I'm currently at 125% FCR but I have a feeling 75% FCR and Shako (plus second Nagel and MF amulet) makes more sense. Even though that's a violation of the "must use 2/20 amulet" rule. :p How are you going about skillers and MF amount?

@ffs - 8 Skillers, 2 columns for item grabbing, and only 116% MF. I haven't bothered to re-gear him since the RFL (and likely won't), so I won't be min-maxing him for this tournament. Shako would be a good replacement though for the circlet, as it won't affect kill speed at all and is basically free MF, so I'll think about that. I'm mostly using that circlet because I have it and it's a nice change from using Shako, and as a way to try to will a 2/20 into existence to slot in with it. :p

I think for this warm-up I'm going to keep him as-is even if it isn't optimal (for MF anyways, his killing power is great for runes/safety/XP), and I might re-gear him and use him in the actual MFO in a more MF-oriented setup.

-------------------
Category 1
Targets:
-------------------
ffs
PhineasB
Hutton
ioupainmax
NanoMist
RIP
CrustyRusty
smloeffelholz
pharphis
Pb_pal
Grape
mulligan
Shuffleblast
Locohead

-------------------
Category 2
Targets:
Baal & waves
-------------------

-------------------
Category 3
Target:
Nihlathak
-------------------
Yng
T72on1

Let's hope I can finally run my Sorc to L95!

Let's get the gameplay vids going, shall we? :) Spent several hours since last weekend looking for Pit maps, and I think I'm going to stick with this one for the Necro:

Still a little wonky at times, haven't played him in a long time, but I really like the map. Small area to cover, 2 nests, normally 5-6 boss packs on level 1. (4 or even 7 happens, but rarely.) Level 2 is average with 2-3 packs, pretty much 50%. Forgot to show inventory in the end but it's 7x P&B skillers, Gheed's and MF SCs, mostly with mana. Overall at 313% MF currently (I aimed for ~300 for now). Also compared his setup to the Shako/75% FCR variant, but it's less efficient it seems. At 300+ MF, diminishing returns for MF kick in big time, and in his case at least the higher clear speed with 125% FCR beats out the extra MF. Not to mention it's much more fun to fly around like a mad man. ;)

Looks like I will have to sit this one out as I will be away for much of it :(

@ffs - Nice demo video there. That has to be the smallest Pit 1 map I've ever seen.. only 4 map tiles total!

Category 1
Targets:
-------------------
ffs
PhineasB
Hutton
ioupainmax
NanoMist
RIP
CrustyRusty
smloeffelholz
pharphis
Pb_pal
Grape
mulligan
Shuffleblast
Locohead

-------------------
Category 2
Targets:
Baal & waves
-------------------
Friiser

-------------------
Category 3
Target:
Nihlathak
-------------------
Yng
T72on1

I'm in for a go at Baal. For the record I've been thinking about him since the beginning of the thread and am surprised no one else has jumped into that category.

I'll be running with my level 95 Fishymancer. Will edit this post later with his gear.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High