Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

The drum kit has a double bass?? That's super cool.

I'm no expert, of course, but my guess is the fried bread is basically a grilled cheese without the cheese. Heat a little butter in a pan and get it golden brown. Hmm, a grilled cheese sounds really good...

Good news: I got a raise. ...Two months later than they told me I'd get it. :rolleyes: The department average was a 2.6% increase; I managed 6%. It's now the most I've ever been paid per hour, but that's not really saying much.

Potentially bad news: I briefly mentioned the possible changes at work in a recent daily, including going to days and some supervisors getting fired. Well, at the very end of the day my GF looked really bummed, not the kind of look that shows excitement or relief that we've got two days off. Then when I got home she sent me a text cursing out the employee that's been trying to get her into trouble for months. I hope I'm jumping to incorrect conclusions, but I'm unsure how much I want to see her later tonight. I mean, I want to comfort her if something horrible has happened, obviously. It just might not be a fun night to hang out... If she got fired, I'm super scared for our future together.

@TRM: Stall. Say you are sick or something, and then move away and grow a beard. Try going to Rhode Island and growing a goatee, get a new life as a garbageman, and never think about her ever again. Ever.
Ever.

And yeah, it is pretty cool to have the double bass. I wish I had mine, and I'd try Dyer's Eve. The bass on that song makes me want to cry.

I picked up GH: Metallica yesterday, and so far I'm enjoying it. I'm not exactly a huge Metallica fan, so some of the songs are painful to listen to, but at least the solos are fun. I have yet to try expert plus, since GameStop managed to screw up my pre-order. This means I get no bass splitter, and no extra bass pedal! Yay!
What have we here? :D another GH fan? Yeah Expert plus seems wicked. Haven't tried any other instrumed other than the plastar.

I don't have any GH game after GH3 though. GH: Aerosmith seemed to suck rather hard. GH: World Tour would've been cool, but I don't have a X360 or a PS3, and I don't want to miss all the DLC again, so I just stuck to the games that I already own (GH2, GH:Rock the 80s and GH3). Are you on ScoreHero by any chance?

Oh, and an Ice Tea please!

New series of The Inbetweeners on E4 now. Can't wait. Best British sitcom in years.

Yes! Just watched the first episode now, and waiting for E4+1 to roll round so I can watch it again. :D Seemed like the same standard of material - I was laughing and cringing in equal amounts in response to what I saw.

A fellow fan! Most awesome! I had to cringe at the scenes with the geography teacher, but it was a cracking return to form. It also reminded me how amazing an Irish accent is on a laydee.

Potentially bad news: I briefly mentioned the possible changes at work in a recent daily, including going to days and some supervisors getting fired. Well, at the very end of the day my GF looked really bummed, not the kind of look that shows excitement or relief that we've got two days off. Then when I got home she sent me a text cursing out the employee that's been trying to get her into trouble for months. I hope I'm jumping to incorrect conclusions, but I'm unsure how much I want to see her later tonight. I mean, I want to comfort her if something horrible has happened, obviously. It just might not be a fun night to hang out... If she got fired, I'm super scared for our future together.

Either comfort her or go kick the trouble makers ***(booty).

Are you on ScoreHero by any chance?
I think I registered, but only so I could look at the custom charts they have. I don't post my scores there.

Yeah, I've been a huge GH fan since the first game. GH2 was amazing, GH3 was kinda cool for the crazy solos, and I guess Aerosmith wasn' that bad, but you have to like Aerosmith to enjoy it. World Tour is totally worth it, but the guitar parts are, for the most part, strummy and boring.

*serves fellow plastic instrument enthusiast an ice tea*

I think I registered, but only so I could look at the custom charts they have. I don't post my scores there.

Yeah, I've been a huge GH fan since the first game. GH2 was amazing, GH3 was kinda cool for the crazy solos, and I guess Aerosmith wasn' that bad, but you have to like Aerosmith to enjoy it. World Tour is totally worth it, but the guitar parts are, for the most part, strummy and boring.

*serves fellow plastic instrument enthusiast an ice tea*
Yeah I've seen most of the GH:WT charts. I actually like big strummy parts :D. And you're right about GH:A, you have to like Aerosmith.

I don't post on SH anymore, but I used to. For a few months. The problem is that there are too many users, especially on the accomplishment forum. But it was fun while it lasted. If you're interested, check out my GH3:H scores. I'm quite proud of those, although they are nowhere near finished. And I play on Expert most of the time, GH3:H is an exception.

The first games seem the best. I haven't played GH1 a lot (I don't own it), but most people say it's on of the best games in the series. Have you played GH: Rock the 80s? It's so awesome. Rather short (only 30 songs), but they are absolutely amazing.

Anyways, I'll stop my GH ramblings. Thank you for the Ice Tea! I'm off to bed now, tomorrow is the last day before the Easter Holiday. Man I'm looking forward to that.

Goodnight all!

I do have Rocks the 80s, I played it to death like the others. People said it was terrible, but I really enjoyed a few of the tracks (Hold On Loosely and Play With Me come to mind). The only disappointment I had with it was that they didn't put any Van Halen on it.

I always play on Expert, since I first got GHII anway. My treasured accomplishment remains my five star run of Jordan, but I've since gotten the Log guitar (five star every song) in GHII, and almost done the same in the third game. World Tour is the most boring, for me at least.
The drums are interesting, I've been working to perfect them. If I could get a run without a pad miss or a stupid mistake, I might be able to post something like a quad FC run, which would be neat.

I'll take a Dew, if there is anyone behind the bar.

I like your avatar Vril ya, (I'm guessing it is Max from the dark angel video game?? and if it isn't it looks very much like jessica alba!)

Ice Water sounds good, I'm boiling!

P.S. can't wait for tonights Dollhouse and Terminator!

I like your avatar Vril ya, (I'm guessing it is Max from the dark angel video game?? and if it isn't it looks very much like jessica alba!)

Thank you but I don't know who it is. 'Enter Vril-ya' is a song by Therion and I was searching for more of their work when I came across the 'tar. It was either on Playlist or Myspace, can't recall which. The name and the 'tar seem to go well together.

Green tea please.

Not much to report here in Eddie-land. Got to iron some shirts for work later... Exciting stuff!

"Hit me with Jolt Cola Caffeine x 2 please, and yes no glas"
"Lots of chests to open... and the only beer I want only has one 'e' in it"

@Eddie : good to see you again, Healthy green tea habbit you have started.

Is everyone on the wagon here?

Hit me with Unicum and some imperial stout. It's dark and cold outside even if the spring is coming.

I'm cold, unemployed and homeless. Maybe the summer will bring something...

Last edited:
Is everyone on the wagon here?

Hit me with Unicum and some imperial stout. It's dark and cold outside even if the spring is coming.

I'm cold, unemplyed and homeless. Maybe the summer will bring something...

On the wagon?

I´m sad to hear :( Did your GF kick you out?

On the wagon?

I´m sad to hear :( Did your GF kick you out?

No, my landlord needed the apartment for somebody else (a relative, otherwise it wouldn't have been legal).

"On the wagon" = teetotaler, not consuming intoxicating bewerages. Opposite of "off the wagon" = returning to drinking after being sober a serious amount of time.

Topi

@Megalomania: Thanks, not sure if a bar is the best place to be right now, but these guys make a wicked green tea.

On the wagon +1.

Work is OK tonight. I talked to my store manager about my situation, she was very understanding. I also talked to another manager who I'm friends with as she kind of guessed how depressed I was. It was nice to be frank with people and take control of who knows about my depression and the awkwardness of working with my ex etc.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High