Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Shade

Jun 24, 2003
With the forum crash of course the prior EMB thread vanished into the ether, so here's a new one.

Please leave any items which may attract Squids in the safe lockers in the lobby, and free Squid Repellent is available if required.

*uses claw machine to nab a miniature Diablo, which is promptly set up outside to Pink-Lightning-Bolt-of-Death any cephalopods*

*Walks in smoking slightly*

Damn, that new bouncer is vicious. Tried to show him my ID and he almost vapourised me.

*Grabs a coffee and sits down to study for a while*

*sighs wistfully* The forum crash reminds me of B.Net. Those were the days - the excitement of wondering if you could play today, and if you could, if you would be lagged out in front of an MSLE. Ah, the good old days! :p

Barkeep, a double vodka, neat. Thank you, my good man!

*sips slowly, contemplating the many-tentacled havoc which has been wreaked on our beloved SPF*

*toasts to Borlag, Redeemer of Lost Posts* :drink:

I'll have something alhoholic please..
I need to forget about all of my lost posts!! ><

*Strolls in with freshly burnt hair and very attractive pink hue all over*

Ahhhhh,, dont shake hands with the bouncer... Hey Bartender I need a drink! Something along the lines of a Fire Extinguisher..

*walks in unscathed*

Hey! Uh, there seems to be some sort of big puddle outside. Looks like a hell of a battle went on. Pretty sure that the fire-using guy lost, though, judging from all the water. Anyone know what went on?

Anywho, just wanted some Mt. Dew to drown away my sorrows. Forum crashes are bad...

Porius

*steps over bits of charred doorway* Damn, who hired the bouncer? *sits at the bar* Got anything in a nice Root Beer? I'm driving tonight.

Hmm - nasty smell outside - like burned furry crossed with brimstone... and a mess outside the door. And where's the bouncer?

Anyways - things are a little stressful today... My wife had a job interview yesterday at a hospital out of town for a job as a Paediatric Occupational Therapist (She's just graduated varsity). So if she gets it (we don't find out till alter today at the earliest) We'll be moving town just as my new year at varsity starts up... bit stressful as I said - moving house - trying to find a nice house in a good area we can afford on a single income - moving my degree to a new school and trying to bully the new dean into cross-creditting my existing papers... sheesh!

So 'keep - slide me over something soothing - I'm thinking Glen might be nice - Glenmorangie, 18 yo, double shot, straight up, a single cube of ice please.

oh - and make it a Black Mac chaser.

PapaBear

Hi everybo--

*slips in a puddle outside the door, falling on a mangled (and very annoyed) Diablo doll, receiving a swift slap to the head*

... I never should've mentioned that claw machine...

Anyway, how's about a mountain dew. I need a pick-me-up (and a miracle) to get my comic book thingy completed on time.

Kung Poo said:
Anyway, how's about a mountain dew. I need a pick-me-up (and a miracle) to get my comic book thingy completed on time.

Argh! I just realised - with the forum crash the tales of Darken Rahl are <gollum>lost LOST!!!!!! Poor Preciousssssssssssss</gollum>

KP - please tell me you have them somewhere offline? *grin*

Kung Poo said:
... I never should've mentioned that claw machine...

Well there's the minor problem that Seryant took a hammer to some of the other entertainment around here...

...wait a minute, since the forum crashed, all evidence of that is gone, and so it may just have never happened...

*pinball machine rematerialises*

*watches the pinball machine reappear*

Ooh...pinball!

*dashes off to feed the machine quarters until it burps or gives him the high score, whichever comes first*

*Are you sure you want to format this forum? (Y/N)*
*Y*
*Whirrrrrrr........*
OOps!

Barman, a "Gulden Draak" please! Medium cool, not cold, if you would be so friendly....

What's that charred smell, btw?

...teleports in and shakes much snow off in the doorway.

bartender, i could use a couple mugs of Edison. (it's a great beer.) man..the forum crash was certainly crazy. at least it's not a blown-up server like at runica. that would have been a little worse. ;)

speaking of, i remember seeing a great story somewhere (i think on a popular tech news site which may or may not be able to be named here...i'm not sure) where someone brought an Apple titanium G4 laptop that literally looked as if it had been baked in an oven into a tech support place. when the older woman who brought it in found out that replacing the necessary parts was prohibitively expensive, she just left it...however, after some testing, the laptop (and screen, to a point) still functioned, even though the screen and keyboard had melted. :) my guess is that someone spilled something on the keyboard and was foolishly trying to dry it out at the lowest oven setting until another person in the house decided to preheat the oven.

that had a point, but i completely forget what it was. oh well. at least there's anectodal value in the story. :)

*pounds on the bumpers furiously* The moral of the story being that Baked Apples are not always good. *slams hard on the side* Damn! Anyone got change for a Twenty?

*wanders in and challeneges all the big tuff D2 men to a drinkin match!*

Hi guys =) Im celebrating at the age of 38 my return to college - its gonna be so hard to concentrate with all those young men around ;)

*le sigh*

*rematerializes the claw machine and two dartboards, complete with darts*

Barkeep, I'll take a strawberry daiquiri. Still leveling my merc...when I'm not being hopelessly distracted. *sigh* Remind me never to work as a counselor for young teenagers--all the angst they have these days is way beyond me.

Well, hate to keep it short, but I'm working on finishing a new book, so I'm off to the corner for a bit.

TwoPaws,
Shalakshmiyin

*walks in with a smile*

Looks like the squid got tired of the new bouncer. Nothing left out there but stuffing.

Oooh! The darts are back.

*grabs darts, spins in a circle, darts fly in random directions*

OK, maybe WW isn't the best skill for darts players. :p

Barkeep, slide me a nightcap. Baileys on ice. And another for loveratbaby. A challenge is a challenge, after all. :xdrunk:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High