Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes continued

Heya, dropping by to say hello and that I’m registered here.

So, what’s the strongest drink around here ? I’ll put one on *someone* tab for everyone !

Reactions: Grisu
1.5 meter rule? I'll have a Jack, neat.

So, what’s the strongest drink around here ? I’ll put one on *someone* tab for everyone !
This reminds me:
give-me-your-biggest-strongest-cheapest-drink-benderfuturama-1450115476.jpg

Reactions: Luhkoh and Arctodus
Doth thou have a mug of ale for me and me mate? He has been pitched in battle for a fortnight, and has acquired a king's thirst for the frosty brew that doth might brow for thus!

Reactions: Luhkoh
Be sure you guys check this thread: https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/welcome-and-what-forums.16/#post-210

Easy to miss since its not in the SPF. But I've been trying to ask around about migrating content, and my picture of the situation could be incomplete, but I do not think there are plans past copying over any desired content manually. I wanted to ask around to friends and other forumites about the possibility of making some kind of webscraper to archive content from the other forum. So you guys who are closer than me to the programming world, let me know your thoughts!

I also got more worried about it in general since I think there's actually reason to be wary of the entire old forum disappearing. Idk how specific I'm supposed to be about details, but it went down once a couple of months ago, and if it goes down again, I think it's unlikely it will start back up. So yesterday afternoon instead of working, i was manually copying and pasting text from my ~100 forum bookmarks into google docs. Obviously this doesn't preserve formatting, links, or pictures, but I thought it was better than nothing. I have a ~50 page google doc solely consisting of useful gripphon quotes i had bookmarked (I'm not a stalker I promise 😅).

But anyways hope you guys with the really nice guides and such (looking at you @Albatross) are backing them up and reposting soon!

Last edited:
@Luhkoh: Yeah, I've been doing the same, but with local backups of webpages. I did the same for the Wereform attack speed calculator some years back, so I still can use that even though the site is down :p

I'm no programmer, and some free to use tools can't store forum structure, only one web page, AFAIK. So, if anyone has a solution - please share! I heard rumours, that some years back it took the power of 20 supercomputers and 12years to restore every post of the EMB...:rolleyes:

I will try to preserve the old tournaments, at least the signup/rules and last progress overview of each. If I REALLY do find the time, maybe I can even preserve the update posts, but that might be overdoing it (especially for old tournaments that had like 40 participants or so).

Not sure if I should spam the SPF with those threads or if there should be subformus for Pat/Mats, Tournaments, whatever else...

@Grisu agreed 100%. I have some reservations about suddenly flooding the new forum with historical data without knowing what the subforum structure will be. Also some reservations about "stealing the thunder" on threads/projects where I'm a minor participant. I'm asking about some of this stuff in maxceks migration thread. I suggest we move that discussion there for completeness unless a discord gets up and running.

I'm getting drunk. You people are already awesome. I think that was all I wanted to say today =)

Here we go again.
*Plopp* fresh, cold beer to start a new journey over here. Looks cozy, I think I might stay a while (-:

Quantum entanglement, eh? Just what we need in a drinking establishment... Paradoxes and complicated science... Anyone got some wine for me?

I'm back, and I'm bad! Obviously, within certain, sensible pre-set parameters!

@Cyrax welcome to the new bar. I'd work towards this feeling:
2Z9esIv.png

Reactions: queenEm
I'm getting drunk. You people are already awesome. I think that was all I wanted to say today =)
How much money is involved in achieving that in Norway?

I was in Oslo a few years ago and we went into a supermarket. At the beer aisle, I found a cheap beer, called Borg. I saw the price tag and I thougt "Well, that's about as expensive for a six-pack as in Germany, so... resistance is futile, I guess!" Then I noticed that it wasn't the price for the whole six-pack, but for a single bottle...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High