Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes continued

*Transfers bar items

This is going to be kind of annoying if I can't post via phone. Nowadays lurking still.

*serves beer

*serves Dew

*serves wine

*serves sangria

*serves bourbon

*Transfers bar items

This is going to be kind of annoying if I can't post via phone. Nowadays lurking still.

*serves beer

*serves Dew

*serves wine

*serves sangria

*serves bourbon

Where the Hell is my Ganymede spring water?

I thought you said this is a *new* forum.

Home Office day 3.

I need a drink.

Reactions: Luhkoh
Brought a twofour of my new beer....beer.jpg

Reactions: Luhkoh
5 cent deposit on bottles. Please return so I can reuse.

Home Office day 4.

Someone dented the drivers door on my car. The parking spots around it are used by neighbours 99.9% of the time. There's no note left on the car. Fucking pussies.

I'm seriously going to kill someone quite soon.

Ghhmm... Jack neat, please.

How much money is involved in achieving that in Norway?

I was in Oslo a few years ago and we went into a supermarket. At the beer aisle, I found a cheap beer, called Borg. I saw the price tag and I thougt "Well, that's about as expensive for a six-pack as in Germany, so... resistance is futile, I guess!" Then I noticed that it wasn't the price for the whole six-pack, but for a single bottle...
Yeah, old exchange rates made it very expensive for natives and insane for foreigners... At one point, you could only get around 7,50 NOK for 1 EUR, but a couple months ago it was more like 10:1 because of the outside world beginning to take notice that globalists, environmentalists and straight communists have gotten too much power, impeding our private sector to the point we cannot compete with anyone in business. Then the oil price plummeted more or less overnight, and the virus didn't make it any better, so now the exchange rate is more like 13:1 or something.

6 cans of "cheap" beer (3 litres, store brand) is around 150 NOK in the shop, so that translates to around 11,50 EUR by head. Better beer (IPA, bayer, stout etc) is around 250 NOK, so we're almost at 20 EUR for 3 litres. The obscure stuff has a very wide price range, but I've seen upwards of 60 NOK for 0.33l bottles, which would make for a stunning 540 NOK for 3 litres, or around 39 EUR at current exchange rates.

So with the excange rates from back in the day, you'd be looking at almost double that for foreigners, but base prices and taxes were lower as well, so not entirely comparable.

In other news, I've been suspended from work for a period of 26 weeks, subject to change at any time. Per emergency government rules, I get 2 work days pay from my company, then the government will pay for the next 18 days, making for four full weeks off work with full pay. During that period, I will have to register as unemployed, and get a little upwards of 62% of my usual salary, using last four months average or last 36 months average, whichever is higher as basis. It wouldn't be hard for me to find other work, even with unemployment rates exceeding 10% at the moment, BUT... there's the kid. And kindergardens are closed. So can't really expect to be able to do any work. Wife makes like 40% more than me, and is technically in healthcare, so she'll be the most economically logical worker for now anyway.

I sense a lot of D2 and Hearthstone in my very close future. And a rewatch of Babylon 5.

Just as a reference:

Average price of 6 cans of cheap beer = 6 BGN (~2.50 EUR)
Average price of 6 cans of German/Czech/Belgium beer = 20-30+ BGN (~9-17 EUR)
Average price of craft beer bottle = ~3 BGN (~1.40 EUR)

Rates are fixed 1 EUR = 1.95 BGN

We have it good I guess.

This is not a bar question but I need a drink before I can solve this... How the h**l do I turn off getting emails every time someone posts in the bar???I have unclicked everything preferences and still they keep coming?!?

Anyways... My old house got sold this week and my car passed yearly inspection meaning I might not have to buy a new one just yet.

Yey for me!

Also it is Friday which is always good. It is my weeks without kids so a weekend of garden work and putting drapes up I think. Also trying out new bed...

Edit: Kegs!! Didn't see you there! Welcome and pull up a chair. Let me get you a glass of wine

Reactions: djmbbandie
I had same issue, you'll need to go on the forums option and select watched threads. TO access its the down button beside the word Forums

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High