eBotD Archon Staff Sept - Progress and Planning Thread

Nice! So, in and out of lots of town portals ("poor-man's teleport"), to keep Mr. Clanky from wandering too far away? I want to see him go all the way, and afterward melt by polearms carried by a mob of cows.

To we get a sweepstake for how & when the IG dies?
I'm going Ghosts & Archers in A1.
Good, good. This just gives me extra motivation to keep him alive! I think you underestimate my ability to travel slowly. ;)

Also, I do hope you mean "extra points in bloodgolem for the extra life".
I did mean that, yes. That should teach me for trying to add things in from memory. :rolleyes:

• Love
Reactions: maxicek
Double post because I am a forum n00b and can't do it properly.

Nice! So, in and out of lots of town portals ("poor-man's teleport"), to keep Mr. Clanky from wandering too far away? I want to see him go all the way, and afterward melt by polearms carried by a mob of cows.
That's right! Town portals and wells will be my best friends I can imagine.

--

If people want to keep guessing, I'll scrape together a prize for someone if they can get the location correct for his inevitable demise. I think guessing an act, and then either a specific location within it or a set of monsters for the tiebreak works fine. So far we have:

Mr. Clanky's Final Breath
Rich (BB code):
Forumite      Act    Location/Monsters(tiebreak)
--------     -----     ------------------
maxicek        A1        Ghosts/Archers
Kartongen      A3        Temple Stairtrap
Swamigoon      A5        Hell Cows
saracen85      NA        Clay Golem Cast

Last edited:
Reactions: Kartongen
Double post because I am a forum n00b and can't do it properly.

That's right! Town portals and wells will be my best friends I can imagine.

--

If people want to keep guessing, I'll scrape together a prize for someone if they can get the location correct for his inevitable demise. I think guessing an act, and then either a specific location within it or a set of monsters for the tiebreak works fine. So far we have:

Rich (BB code):
Pffft. I go with an accidental Clay Golem casting.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

First off, a reminder of how little faith some of you have in me:

Rich (BB code):
Luhkoh         A5        Arreat Plateau

If others still want to cast guesses, go for it. If anyone can correctly guess where the IG dies, I'll make up a little prize for them.

--

And we're off! Extremely carefully due to the terror of potentially losing a 'Pride' IG, but we're off nonetheless.

JfbedKF.jpg

Resistances not great (to say the least), but looks good other than that. Smooth sailing into the first act, the golem had a nice trick up his sleeve that compliments this sept nicely.

QSj1s2e.jpg

Are those rogues dying because of the firewall? I don't think so (seems more likely a PN proc got them), but let's pretend they are. Speaking of PN procs, they are not only frequent, but actually deadly on /p1. The cool thing is too that deaths from those PNs proc another PN, so you can get some chains going. Between that and the firewalls from the golem, we are definitely not short on fireworks for this character:

N2pa01z.jpg

The only kind of lame thing is that the golem doesn't retain his ethereal look. I don't know what triggers it to go away, but something during gameplay does it. Any time I re-enter a new game he's eth again though so *shrugs*. I was a bit worried about Treehead, but he didn't budge the IG's health so it was soon through to Cain and then quickly and smoothly to Andariel herself.

jS17Xrz.jpg

First act done, IG still alive, and my first official guess crossed off the deathlist. Sorry max!

Lots of Poison-immunes and unleechables in A2, so it was a bit of a pain and slower than the first act. Down to Radament, we got more proccing fun from the IG when the mages started barraging him

VvoXVKL.jpg

The rest of the act was a yawn, but Duriel did manage a feat not yet done; he got Mr Clanky to *almost* yellow health!

h7qVsUb.jpg

Still though he was an easy kill on /p1.

I'll up the pace from here on out so next update should be his Pat one. Things are getting more dangerous now so I'm excited to see what the jungles have in store!

Last edited:
I swear you must plan your gameplay around grabbing supercool screenshots. That firewall star and quad pnova look awesome. I vote arreat plateau for a missing golem.

Reactions: Pb_pal
I swear you must plan your gameplay around grabbing supercool screenshots. That firewall star and quad pnova look awesome. I vote arreat plateau for a missing golem.
Thanks! To be honest with the remaining characters in this sept there's not much to think about with gameplay as it's essentially all just Normal Attack (THWACK THWACK THWACK), so it gives me lots of time to admire the scenery and see if something fun happens. Also, binding the screenshot button to spacebar makes it super easy to take them, highly recommended!

Your guess has been added to the table!

CS is tough on IGs. So I'll go with an option not yet chosen. Also, seconding how marvelous this decision is. @jjscud level Tyrael's IG level awesome (y) I hope we're all wrong and IG makes it all the way!

Reactions: Jocular and Pb_pal
I'll do a proper update once he's made Patriarch, but I figured I might as well let you see how it's getting on with Vince to keep progress going during the RFL. Behold, some random, rather bad gameplay from the jungles of A3.

It's nothing spectacular, but it does show a few PN-chains in there, and give you an idea of what it's like to THWACK away with a Meleemancer. Enjoy!

First things first, a small table update to get the new guesses in there:

Rich (BB code):
PhineasB       A4        Chaos Sanctaury
Luhkoh         A5        Arreat Plateau
snickersnack   A5        WSK
Vildecor       NA        Survives

--

As you saw in the gameplay video from the last post, Act 3 was pretty simple for the most part. Cleared out Sarina with no trouble (Sorry @Kartongen)

pjcA2j0.jpg

First big hiccup came when the Council came dangerously close to overwhelming Mr. Clanky with Hydras. I had to hit a well to save him, and then regroup. I didn't grab a screenshot due to intense puckering, but the IG got all the way into the Yellow (and almost red) there, yikes! Luckily he survived, and it was through to Meph pretty easily.

Act 4 came and went with Izual, the Forge (Ist), and Diablo all going in quick succession (Sorry @PhineasB).

zvens5Q.jpg

The final act was also pretty simple as we kept crossing guesses off the list and cruised to Anya and the Ancients (Sorry @Luhkoh) and into and through the WSK with relative ease (Sorry @snickersnack). I think Baal knew his demise was inevitable so he did his best to try and make me waste a 'Pride'.

Wave 3 got him just into the yellow, and then Wave 4 got him almost to red!

flFrJ3J.jpg

Lister was drawn out in pairs, so they were simple, as was Baal (unsurprisingly). So there we have it, Vince and Mr Clanky make Patriarch!

xtQrszw.jpg

I'll spare the thoughts for now, there will be plenty in his Pat thread which I'll post afterwards.

----

One last thing to do since we're at a tie for Mr. Clanky's death rattle contest; Cows. Spawned right next to the King's fortress and there was a pack right by the portal so we engaged. I.. uh... forgot to use BO.

unD9ddz.jpg

The boss was HF so Vince was attacking and reacting slowly, and I think he got overwhelmed by LE bolts (as did the golem with how many firewalls he proccd. Woops. :whistle:

Honestly, I'm not bothered by the loss of the Pride as it was a sunk cost to begin with and the character was technically complete anyways.

Well, we officially have a winner! @Swamigoon I'll PM you to get you your prize. Speaking of which, I suppose it's time to reveal what it is:

Code:
Pride
VinceThePince's Giant Thresher
'ChamSurIoLo'
Two-Hand Damage: 40 to 114
Durability: 55 of 55
Required Dexterity: 140
Required Strength: 188
Required Level: 67
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x7b863a09
+10 to Vitality
Adds 50-280 lightning damage
Replenish Life +8
Hit Blinds Target +1
265% Bonus to Attack Rating
Freezes Target +3
20% Deadly Strike
Level 18 Concentration Aura When Equipped
25% Chance to cast Level 17 Fire Wall when struck
148% Extra Gold (Based on Character Level)
79% Damage to Demons (Based on Character Level)
Socketed (4: 4 used)

Truth be told, I had already written these runes off as I never myself expected to make it to the end without dying. You'll notice this one's in a non-eth base so that a character can use it as well, and it's been personalized so the legacy lives on. This sept will likely be my last hurrah in SC, so at least this way somebody might use it. Enjoy!

Holy Cow! (Erm, sorry, that was a horrid pun.) 🐮 🐄 🤠

I presume our beloved hero is under the intersection of those firewalls, melting and shrieking and looking something like this:

I must admit that I'm quite sad to see the prophecy fulfilled. @Vildecor was robbed. But congrats on achieving co-patriarch with "Patriarch Clanky," @Pb_pal! :love:

Total aside ... I've been using OBS for a few years for work, and the other day I recorded some D2 with it (I've also recorded D3, Doom 2016, Doom Eternal, Cyberpunk, etc).

Might a tutorial on using OBS to record D2 would be useful for the forum? I haven't checked whether there already is one.

I *might* start recording all my trav runs (deleting those with poor drops, ofc), so this has been on my mind.

Reactions: Pb_pal
Congrats on the Patriach @Pb_pal. I was happy to see you stay alive for so long, and that you and clanky bested so many guesses here.

While I would have preferred to see clanky carry on as your partner for much longer, I find it somewhat amusing that you stubled right after the finish line (but before the end of the "victory lap"). Was it the ribbon that wrapped around your legs and tripped you? :p

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High