Balancing the Finds – MF/RF Tournament

Results sent.

p1 Pit runs with two maps. Lost my first (and long time map) to errant click. Resulted in an upgrade.
MF: 753 on kill switch; 633 on hork

127 runes (10 Rals; 15 Tals); 8 qualifiers
Item qualifiers: 61

94 perfect gems (24 amethysts)
52 jewels (3 rare; 1 facet @ -4/+4 cold)
TC3s: 3: Deaths Hand x2; Vidala's Ambush
Set Amulets: 2
Unique Amulets: 3 (Metalgrid + Seraph's Hymn)
Unique Rings: 4
Gheeds: 1 (@24%MF)
Grand Charms: 42 (2 Skillers--1 with life (Trap + 15)
Small Charms: 46 (several with 6/7 MF but no second mod)
Rare/Magic of Note: None despite picking up about 300+- items

I plan a second set to compare results. Good luck all…

Last edited:
10 hours in. Still waiting for the cows to deliver.

Well, will pick set Heavy boots as of now... hope I didn't miss a full set on the two previous ones not picked!
LPONmi2l.jpg

4:15:54 completed. All LK all the way. Many gems have found their way to my staches, and a few more exceptional things as well. Below is a teaser of the sort of quality I am raking in this tournament.
[
A9yHJMr.jpg

Might not qualify me for points, but certainly for bragging rights.

--------------------------------
ffs
Babyhell
Pax1990
nepeta
Aldo
Excalibur
Luhkoh
Dudzy
Jpy
Irenicus
Swamigoon
Ipsilantee
PhineasB
Pb_pal
maxicek
Kruemelmonschda
Friiser
Grisu
J-Dog
Gynli
EatSleepDiablo
Mulligan
Kartongen
SevenArkZ
Apila
--------------------------------

Fourth relay!
Finally! 10:04:32 in total, almost 6 hours to get a X+ pointer in this area... 4 legs unused for now, she is ready to dive back in *just in case*
Rich (BB code):
Last run: 422
Cat. Area       Character       Nb X+ Relays on run
MF   The Pits   ZerkAndDestroy    1         93
RF   Travincal  TraviRunnerS      1        244
MF   Ancient T. Tournamenteress   1        278
RF   Cow level  LightningRiderS   1        422

Reactions: ffs and Swamigoon
Fifth relay!
X+ set complete! 11:43:08 in total. 12 qualifiers in 68 runs, including two runes... ZerkAndDestroy FTW!
It is not always like that sadly... but i'll take this!
Back to runes - and real scorer drops to be honest.

[/SPOILER]
Rich (BB code):
Last run: 490
Total drops logged: 46, incl. 10 non-qualifiers
Cat. Area       Character       Nb X+ Relay on runs
MF   The Pits   ZerkAndDestroy    2      93, 490
RF   Travincal  TraviRunnerS      1        244
MF   Ancient T. Tournamenteress   1        278
RF   Cow level  LightningRiderS   1        422

Checking the scores of the items I think it would be better in tournaments that combine Runes and Uniques to be reported separately. I can see that most uniques have really low scores while runes have high scores. Since runes nowadays tend to drop they will dominate in such tournaments and it would be a shame for many great uniques to go unnoticed.

For example at the end of the tournament the player sends his 5 best runes and his 5 best uniques for a total score. Gives more variety and the more stuff we see the more interesting the Tournament gets without breaking the Tournament template at all.

Uniques
  • Tyrael’s Might 48.2
  • Death's Web 27.9
  • Stormlash 17.0
  • Dragonscale 14.6
  • Griffon’s Eye 10.7
  • Score: 118.4
Runes
  • Ber 20.5
  • Lo 15.1
  • Ohm 10.1
  • Ist 7.5
  • Um 5.1
  • Score: 58.3
Total: 176,7

Reactions: Babyhell
Just over 8h done.

First 5h with P1 Pit Barb and the remainder P8 Pindle with Druid and Sorc for a chance of scenery, plus I'd like to get both to 90+ to get some muscle on them for future HC farming action. Once that's achieved I'll probably get back to MF Barb.

I was off to a nice start in the first 2 hours, but things have cooled off considerably... joining the collective complaining!

I'll be road tripping over the weekend so I'll have to continue next week.

More non-qualifiers:

Screenshot139.png

Yes 6 MF SCs are still something I'm happy about in HC. :)

Screenshot137.pngScreenshot136.pngScreenshot135.pngScreenshot132.png

---

@Excalibur Nothing will go unnoticed because all good drops will be shared via epic haul pics in the results thread. :D Also the last tournament in this format has shown that neither S&Us nor runes had the decisive "the upper hand" when it came to overall placements. See these results.

If you're interested in other scoring systemsyou can check some of the links in the first posts for several tournaments where we counted top 5 runes + top 5 S&Us and then determined an overall placement score. The effect of that system (irrespective of whether one considers it a downside or an upside) is that you're highly incentivized to run chars/targets that are good for both categories. A pure P1 MF char has little to hope for in such a scoring system, because his rune score will likely be very bad. However, with a single combined score for S&Us and runes, players can focus on runes only or S&Us only and still have good chances to get a top placement (see results linked above).

Reactions: maxicek
4:15:54 completed. All LK all the way. Many gems have found their way to my staches, and a few more exceptional things as well. Below is a teaser of the sort of quality I am raking in this tournament.
A9yHJMr.jpg

Might not qualify me for points, but certainly for bragging rights.
Owww, what a tiny stash you have there. :ROFLMAO:
Never though I would enjoy D2R so much that I would consider giving up D2L entirely.

@Excalibur Nothing will go unnoticed because all good drops will be shared via epic haul pics in the results thread. :D Also the last tournament in this format has shown that neither S&Us nor runes had the decisive "the upper hand" when it came to overall placements. See these results.
Alright! Was just a suggestion!

Owww, what a tiny stash you have there. :ROFLMAO:
Never though I would enjoy D2R so much that I would consider giving up D2L entirely.
I am inefficient in all possible metrics!
But fear not, I believe RNG will balance it out for me. Last it was an amazing non-qualifier... Next time, maybe a qualifier.

Reactions: J-Dog
I am inefficient in all possible metrics!
But fear not, I believe RNG will balance it out for me. Last it was an amazing non-qualifier... Next time, maybe a qualifier.
I was mostly joking about the stash size, not the items within your stash so I hope you were not offended. :)

Reactions: Kartongen
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High