Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

@jjscud Just to be clear: are the bugged poison vipers outside the realm of possible reasons for your insta deaths? https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/nihlathak-viper-problem.799564/

No, they're not outside the realm, I know there were poison vipers and nearly invisible gorillas on the map. I don't remember seeing poison vipers when I went back to recover my body but I was throwing traps out in front of me the whole was so I could easily have cleared out monsters without seeing them.

Edit: On a side note, I know something like this happens with the greater mummy mob before Baal. I've many times dropped all the mummies, saw that I was poisoned and took an antidote, and then got re-poisoned by the SU's poison attack, no question about him being dead already.

According to this:
AB wiki said:
Clouds are only visible for the first 2.4 seconds of their existence: they are invisible for a further 4.8 seconds.
I don't know if you have Shadow Master but it's possible she teleported ahead and got hit with two clouds on the platform by vipers which were then killed off by your DS. If all of that happened in this 7 second window you might have teleported into the invisible clouds and died as a result.

Very unlikely, I know :D

@jjscud I definitely think you just teleported into the invisible viper clouds. That's pretty much insta death with nextdelay. I never will teleport onto nihlathak's platform and just walk to it if i need to collect some loot. That being said, I really tried to minimize the loot I was picking because of that, so may be too slow a solution if you pick a lot. Guess you can teleport if there weren't any snakes to begin with though.

Agreed, it was most likely viper clouds. If merc was alive and teleport, residual clouds are lethal, especially if amp’ed. It’s why I never teleport to get drops from Nihl. Only necessary as a precaution when vipers are around, but I like consistent approach rather than adjusting by roll, especially with the 12k+ runs involved.

Reactions: Luhkoh
Thanks for the input guys. I do wish I had a recording of it but after watching carefully in a bunch of follow up runs (quite a few actually, gut all my exp back by the next afternoon) I agree that that the poison clouds look like the most likely culprit. 7 Seconds is a long time with Nihlathak, it can easily be the whole battle.

I've already taken the stance that if anything is worth getting of the platform, its worth taking the extra time to get.

Not to take away from D2 or to advertise other games, but I have the original Sacred and want to play it so badly. But no matter what settings I change once I have it installed, it will not open up the actual game. It just fake loads for a second and that is that. I can't manage to get the original Dungeon Siege to work either. Troubles with WoW, too.

D2 is of course the best game ever and I have close to 20 years of either nonstop, normal amount or short off periods of playing. But I still would like the option to mix something else in for a change of pace when I get in a rut. 15 years ago I actually knew what I was doing on computers and was way ahead of my peers in some of Jr. High and High School. Now I am way behind and feel like an idiot, lol. It is so frustrating to not be able to get Sacred or Dungeon Siege to play. I got Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 rocking, but it is very glitchy and I want to play another game similar to D2 right now.

I guess the D2-like change of pace will have to be Skyrim on a console, unless somebody thinks they can train somebody who is like a monkey trying to play video games on their PC. I know I had Baldur's Gate(forget which one, get confused with playing 1/2 on PS2 coop mode in about 9th grade over and over again) and Neverwinter Night's for PC at some point in time and probably still do. But Sacred is one I really liked the look and never delved deep into it and want to bad. Kind of the same with Dungeon Siege. They really had that D2 feel to them, but I was so addicted to D2 from around 2002-2007 and then other large stretches since, that I never got deep into any other RPGish style PC game.

If anyone has their preferences on all of the games I mentioned throughout the post and might know why I can't get them to actually play, that would be really groovy....lol. I could maybe even help someone out with some character assistance, items or even some multiplayer playtime to pass the boredom that occasionally pops up while playing D2 alone for so long.

I know, random post. I'm just frustrated with new computers and all the old games that don't want to work on them and need a change of pace. I spent time trying to figure it out on my own and with online advice that was already available, but you guys are clutch when it comes to specific troubleshooting and direct conversations are so much easier to understand than something already posted.

@Jamie I'll second gog.com. Got my own copy of Sacred Gold for $10 or maybe less if it was on sale at the time.
So far everything I bought and actually played from gog has worked perfect. They allow full refunds for whatever reason within 30 days so there's no risk in wasting money.

Reactions: Jamie
Hi, anyone else got superstitious habits?

I restart my diablo after 100 runs, because I believe if the thing I look for didn't drop in the first hundred runs, then the hidden seed is simply not hot. But I may throw in one or 2 additional runs, just to be sure haha.

Or is the seed which diablo 2 uses (without the -seed command obvious) always changing?

For example, when I racked Coloss Blades, I did encounter 2 Set Blades in like 4 runs, I thought wow, this must be hot, but I got my unique only after 1.6k runs.

Maybe I would have needed only 1k runs if I would have not restarted so much?

What do you think about this?

@hackedagainanda @Albatross

Appreciate the lead! Is it a sight that uses Steam or old-school style and you purchase with a card and get the file? I have issues with Stream and registering and all of that.

I just know I really found Sacred promising and now ths original discs will download, but refuse to open to the game once installed. The fixes I found didn't work. D2 is the king of games, but I need a change of pace!

Thank you for showing me a potential working version. If it fixes the issue with the original discs not working on current PC, I'll be excited. I miss the old days of PC game installment and how it worked.

@Jamie You get the game files and there's no need to be online to play once you install it and you really own the game. There are no keys or restrictions, you can install the game on any number of devices. You can even give it to all of your friends, but gog kindly asks you not to do that :) If you lose your files you can always redownloaded them from gog.com once you log into your account. They support payments with credit and debit cards, paypal, skrill, etc.

Reactions: Jamie
If you're willing to spend a little money, they have a pretty bug free version for download at GOG. $10.00

@Jamie You get the game files and there's no need to be online to play once you install it and you really own the game. There are no keys or restrictions, you can install the game on any number of devices. You can even give it to all of your friends, but gog kindly asks you not to do that :) If you lose your files you can always redownloaded them from gog.com once you log into your account. They support payments with credit and debit cards, paypal, skrill, etc.

So I haven't played Sacred since probably around the time it came out and I think I was too addicted to D2 at the time to follow through with the whole game. What do you guys think of it? From memory, at least the item part of the game really reminded me of D2. When I look at games like Sacred or DS, I pretty much look for D2 qualities lol. For probably the same reason we are all here, I think D2 gameplay has been perfect, but I want new content and look for games that come as close to D2 as possible.

Hi, I have found this BA and a few others in 1.07 (one 4s and the rest will be cubesocketed) and wanted to ask how to ATMA-bug? Just build Death (or socket Zod) and then move the item around in Atma and close the character?

Screenshot001.jpg

When you cast terror on an enemy, they sometimes run away and sometimes not. Does anyone know whether or not that chance increases with more skill levels? Do you gain anything apart form longer duration by investing in the skill?

@d2lover Yes, just move it around. You will notice that the durability gets overwritten and then you can safely unsocket it ingame. If you feel unsafe you can test it with an Oath, much cheaper to lose :p

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High