Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

@art_vandelay mmh, I could try out a bugged Kingslayer, do you think onehand "zod"bugged Kingslayer can be played, especially with those nice 1.07 max charms?

I even have a +1fire/12 max charm(iirc)

I would slam Stormshield, 1.10er Shako, HLW, 1.07 LoH on the sorc, but I don't know if Insight or Infinity is better for just playing.

With Insight on a Holy Freeze merc I'd never run out of mana, while with Infinity gives insane elemental damage.

The other runewords for 4s Axes aren't better than Oath imo, and very costly.

Btw does this work with the latest ATMA version?

@d2lover In the beginning of this post I wrote a bit about Kingslayer and possible bases. I'm convinced that 1.07 eth/sup Glorious Axe is ideal for Kingslayer. (Glorious is chosen over Decapitator for the range)

However Axes can get 6os in 1.07 so good luck with that :D

And btw you don't 'Zod'-bug anything for Kingslayer, you just invest the runes for Oath. The latest version of ATMA should have this bug, the one linked here in the stickies definitely does.

mmh, I don't want to go 2hand on a sorc, I'm just not that kind of guy haha.

yeah I understood, you socket something that gives indestructibility, wether it's a zod or some runeword ;)

Isn't Glorious axe the best base for BotD for a werewolf with fury? Then I might rack some of these.

When you cast terror on an enemy, they sometimes run away and sometimes not. Does anyone know whether or not that chance increases with more skill levels? Do you gain anything apart form longer duration by investing in the skill?
I don't know. I think I remember reading something about the barbarian's similar Howl and Grim Ward skills: that it doesn't always make foes run away if their monster level is high enough relative to the character level. I'm pretty sure the same is true for the paladin's Conversion skill, that it behaves differently depending on relative difference between character level and monster level. Perhaps the Necromancer's relative character level matters as well when it comes to the terror curse. I'll see if I can search and look for more info later, unless someone else beats me to it...

@Swamigoon
I have read the same and howl is much more well known to work much better with more skill levels as I understand it. I don't get the calculation behind this though.
@art_vandelay
The next ai check thing? I have certainly seen many monsters behave like that but many also seem to fail to run away even after taking another swing.

Could it be that terrors overlay graphics show even after it has expired (a bug in my opinion)?

I'm doing a playyhrough on a HC Hammerdin and I found jewel that isn't spectacular by any means, but is somewhat useful if people do Hardcore LLD, level 9 in particular.

It is a 19%ED(one off, I know), 2 to energy(wasted lol) and -15% requirements, level 9 jewel. I know 20% ED/-15% jewels are useful in LLD for people who don't have online budgets for the really particular rare level 9 jewels with more mods. And this being Single Player and not bot/item import Heaven, I thought it would be slightly useful if people did LLD on HC. But I don't know if anybody actually does this.

I'm asking about it because I am just going to throw it in my Merc's armor if people don't LLD on HC, especially since I'm doing a self found playthrough on my Hammerdin. But if it had any value to people, I was going to just pull it out and try to send it to someone who could get an actual beneficial use from it.

It won't really mean much to my playthrough and my Merc, for what it is. So I'll either use it, hold onto it if people LLD duel on HC or trade it.

So do people LLD duel on HC, in the Single Player Community? At level 9, if they do? Or is the jewel even more useless than the mediocre LLD jewel that it is...lol... and might as well pop it in my crap, makeshift Merc Armor first and avoid the min/max bug down the road by making it the first jewel in my 3 socket beast plate that will be his damage adder. Or could save for a twinked run. All the choices on my above average jewel lol.

I'm doing a playyhrough on a HC Hammerdin and I found jewel that isn't spectacular by any means, but is somewhat useful if people do Hardcore LLD, level 9 in particular.

It is a 19%ED(one off, I know), 2 to energy(wasted lol) and -15% requirements, level 9 jewel. I know 20% ED/-15% jewels are useful in LLD for people who don't have online budgets for the really particular rare level 9 jewels with more mods. And this being Single Player and not bot/item import Heaven, I thought it would be slightly useful if people did LLD on HC. But I don't know if anybody actually does this.

I'm asking about it because I am just going to throw it in my Merc's armor if people don't LLD on HC, especially since I'm doing a self found playthrough on my Hammerdin. But if it had any value to people, I was going to just pull it out and try to send it to someone who could get an actual beneficial use from it.

It won't really mean much to my playthrough and my Merc, for what it is. So I'll either use it, hold onto it if people LLD duel on HC or trade it.

So do people LLD duel on HC, in the Single Player Community? At level 9, if they do? Or is the jewel even more useless than the mediocre LLD jewel that it is...lol... and might as well pop it in my crap, makeshift Merc Armor first and avoid the min/max bug down the road by making it the first jewel in my 3 socket beast plate that will be his damage adder. Or could save for a twinked run. All the choices on my above average jewel lol.
Nice jewel! You’re right that it’s very good for VLLD. Usually it would be stuck in a 4os Ancient Armour along with three more similar/same jewels.

There is no VLLD scene here, let alone in HC, so I’d go right ahead and use it. I would prob trade for the jewel in SC if it were for trade, since I like collecting those things anyway.

Reactions: Jamie
Nice jewel! You’re right that it’s very good for VLLD. Usually it would be stuck in a 4os Ancient Armour along with three more similar/same jewels.

There is no VLLD scene here, let alone in HC, so I’d go right ahead and use it. I would prob trade for the jewel in SC if it were for trade, since I like collecting those things anyway.

Much obliged ;)

I thought it was pretty good for level 9, even with missing the 1% ED and the fact that I didn't benefit off the fact that it is rare and could have had some resist or str/dex. I knew magic 20ed/-15req jewels were sought after for bnet level 9 duelers.

I know you said to use it and that there is no VLLD scene on SC or HC, but you also said you would have considered trading for it if it was on SC as a collectable (not sure if you would have considered using it in say a really good rare or 4 socket ancient armor :p). That makes me almost want to hold onto it, since if I throw it in the 3 socketed Breast Plate for now, it will become an obsolete jewel in an obsolete armor, very quickly.

Since I am level 22, doing over 200 damage with my hammers, found a 3 socket/10 all resist targe that I put 3 Tir in and bought a 2 socket, +3 Blessed Hammer Scepter that I put 2 Tir in and can hammer away without potions (+10MPK) and still have a Defiance Merc for some extra safety, who will push 120 damage without any good gear yet, I figure by the time my Merc and I need a boost, the jewel will be getting comparatively weak to where I am sitting.

Lots of words to basically say that you talked me into holding onto the jewel for a future trade, a futute twink item or maybe even to make a future level 9 character that can fight(even if there is no VLLD, maybe I can convince people one day or build a 9er for a day it might happen. If we could get any type of niche dueling going, level 9 would be the easiest to build a char at least :p.

Thank you for the reply. I'm now glad I didn't throw it in the armor for a temporary, miniscule damage boost! :)

Do you not play any HC at all? Or do you just only want to collect something like this on SC? Not because I want to push a trade lol. I am just curious if you play both but wouldn't want it on HC. I realize it's not a high value item or top end of its type, just a curiosity issue.

Also, making level 9 HC characters and having tournaments to the death sounds fun! And I mean a real character with your best low level gear, not the Ironman system. vLLD and LLD used to always be fun on SC, even when competing against botters/item buyers/item importers on bnet lol. Doing it HC with legit players, maybe in a tournament, would be a rush!

Much obliged ;)

I thought it was pretty good for level 9, even with missing the 1% ED and the fact that I didn't benefit off the fact that it is rare and could have had some resist or str/dex. I knew magic 20ed/-15req jewels were sought after for bnet level 9 duelers.

I know you said to use it and that there is no VLLD scene on SC or HC, but you also said you would have considered trading for it if it was on SC as a collectable (not sure if you would have considered using it in say a really good rare or 4 socket ancient armor :p). That makes me almost want to hold onto it, since if I throw it in the 3 socketed Breast Plate for now, it will become an obsolete jewel in an obsolete armor, very quickly.

Since I am level 22, doing over 200 damage with my hammers, found a 3 socket/10 all resist targe that I put 3 Tir in and bought a 2 socket, +3 Blessed Hammer Scepter that I put 2 Tir in and can hammer away without potions (+10MPK) and still have a Defiance Merc for some extra safety, who will push 120 damage without any good gear yet, I figure by the time my Merc and I need a boost, the jewel will be getting comparatively weak to where I am sitting.

Lots of words to basically say that you talked me into holding onto the jewel for a future trade, a futute twink item or maybe even to make a future level 9 character that can fight(even if there is no VLLD, maybe I can convince people one day or build a 9er for a day it might happen. If we could get any type of niche dueling going, level 9 would be the easiest to build a char at least :p.

Thank you for the reply. I'm now glad I didn't throw it in the armor for a temporary, miniscule damage boost! :)

Do you not play any HC at all? Or do you just only want to collect something like this on SC? Not because I want to push a trade lol. I am just curious if you play both but wouldn't want it on HC. I realize it's not a high value item or top end of its type, just a curiosity issue.

Also, making level 9 HC characters and having tournaments to the death sounds fun! And I mean a real character with your best low level gear, not the Ironman system. vLLD and LLD used to always be fun on SC, even when competing against botters/item buyers/item importers on bnet lol. Doing it HC with legit players, maybe in a tournament, would be a rush!
Nice! Yes, keeping it is the best option imo. Maybe some day we will have HC VLLD and somebody can try to loot it off you. ;) At the very least you can save it for a cool twinking armour.

I don’t play HC at all, that’s the only reason I said I’d trade for it in SC.

Couple questions. Making a Tesladin, and wondering what is the ideal shield type for a DREAM rune word?
I see that the DREAM helm for a paladin is often a Bone Visage, but wondering if Corona or something else is just as good.

@McGruber08 the ideal shield would be a sacred targe(highest block among all pala shields) with 40-45 all resis
I would stay away from Corona as a dream base, a Tesladin propably doesn't overstat, because the maindamage is light and phys is only for immunes.
you can make it in a grand crown or even a crown if you like the style more.
Great helm, diadem and maybe winged helm make sense too.

@McGruber08 the ideal shield would be a sacred targe(highest block among all pala shields) with 40-45 all resis
I would stay away from Corona as a dream base, a Tesladin propably doesn't overstat, because the maindamage is light and phys is only for immunes.
you can make it in a grand crown or even a crown if you like the style more.
Great helm, diadem and maybe winged helm make sense too.

I got a plain great helm but its only 31 defense. Not sure if plain can be upgraded. Maybe a Demonhead

mask/deathmask/demonhead just looks ugly, but you can't argue about taste I guess haha
spired helm has a huge strength requirement. So I guess diadem or bone visage. You have any, or any sacred targe 40+ resist, zero or 3 sockets?

Hey there! I have a couple of "runtime/optimization" questions that I don't think deserve a new thread.

I've geared up my MeteOrb for Pit and/or Pindle, and my Hammerdin for Chaos + Diablo and I'm looking for info as to what I should be aiming for when I run with them

The Hammerdin is fully equipped: Enigma, CtA, 125% FCR, 10K dmg, 75% resists, 3k life after BO, 276% MF. I would like to optimize his runtimes and drops/time in CS. I have been doing full clears at p7, but those take like 5 minutes total and feel a bit sluggish. I've read people say they do CS runs a lot quicker, like 1:30/2 minutes, how does that work? I'm guessing they just target bosses and leave "normal" groups alone. Is that so? I've also read that killing only Stranglers + Vizier seal is a nice "little run" for runes, and that some players do p1 clear + p7 Diablo to maximize Uniques from bosses + exp from Diablo. I'm just wondering if any fellow HDin runners can share what they usually do/overall thoughts about "what to aim for when CS running" :)

As for the Sorceress, I'm aiming to do some Pindle running in search of Griffon's and some of the other great Uniques that I'm missing. My main doubt is about the charm configuration/runspeed. She's using Shako/Occy/3Piece Tal's/2x Nagel, Magefist and WT. I have Harmony on switch. Currently I have Gheed's, five Fire Skillers and 10% run/walk, but I'm wondering if it's best to remove one or two skillers to fit 10-20% extra runwalk there. My average run time is like ~21 seconds with current configuration (which is 10% + War Traveler + Harmony). Is this good enough?

Thanks in advance!

Question regarding sorc's mastery and ranged attacks..

AFAIK, ranged attacks don't benefit from "double mastery", but do they benefit from masteries at all?

From AB wiki:
  • Normally applies to lightning skill damage of the Sorceress after any synergy bonus, and melee lightning attack damage. Character screen displays Lightning Mastery being applied to ranged lightning attack damage as well, but this is not actually the case.
  • Applies to damage when applied and missiles when created: if there is a delay between skill usage and damage or missile creation, switching weapons or other equipment to apply higher level Lightning Mastery may result in more damage.
So I'm a little hazy on this and hoping for confirmation whether fire and lightning masteries will even boost Hellrack's elemental damages..

Hey there! I have a couple of "runtime/optimization" questions that I don't think deserve a new thread.

I've geared up my MeteOrb for Pit and/or Pindle, and my Hammerdin for Chaos + Diablo and I'm looking for info as to what I should be aiming for when I run with them

The Hammerdin is fully equipped: Enigma, CtA, 125% FCR, 10K dmg, 75% resists, 3k life after BO, 276% MF. I would like to optimize his runtimes and drops/time in CS. I have been doing full clears at p7, but those take like 5 minutes total and feel a bit sluggish. I've read people say they do CS runs a lot quicker, like 1:30/2 minutes, how does that work? I'm guessing they just target bosses and leave "normal" groups alone. Is that so? I've also read that killing only Stranglers + Vizier seal is a nice "little run" for runes, and that some players do p1 clear + p7 Diablo to maximize Uniques from bosses + exp from Diablo. I'm just wondering if any fellow HDin runners can share what they usually do/overall thoughts about "what to aim for when CS running" :)

As for the Sorceress, I'm aiming to do some Pindle running in search of Griffon's and some of the other great Uniques that I'm missing. My main doubt is about the charm configuration/runspeed. She's using Shako/Occy/3Piece Tal's/2x Nagel, Magefist and WT. I have Harmony on switch. Currently I have Gheed's, five Fire Skillers and 10% run/walk, but I'm wondering if it's best to remove one or two skillers to fit 10-20% extra runwalk there. My average run time is like ~21 seconds with current configuration (which is 10% + War Traveler + Harmony). Is this good enough?

Thanks in advance!

To be honest one of my best pindle runners is a Blizz sorc. If you have a Merc with infinity it just makes it even easier.

Reactions: Jamie
To be honest one of my best pindle runners is a Blizz sorc. If you have a Merc with infinity it just makes it even easier.

I usually use Blizzard.. run up with glacial spike and Blizz apart Pindle's crew. Javazon works very well too. Blizzy still probably my favorite, but that is the character I am by far the best with and always have a very solid Might Merc to go along with her and can MF basically any area I want to, outside of Pits or Countess.

My secret has been to run the areas between Pindleskin and Nihlthak, The Halls of Anguish mainly is the best of the two for monsters and kill rate. I have found Death's Fathom, Griffon's, Unique Sacred Armor, Nearly perf eth Heaven's Light, Unique Scourge, Shaeffer's, lots of runeword bases and tons of other items that I can't think of at the moment, all in that area there. It doesn't get talked about a lot as a target for MF, but I have feasted on that area since probably 1.10 was still in existence and I absolutely love it.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High