Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

I've played a few times here and there (probably a total of 30 minutes the last week), knocking off the rust & dust that was my D2 skills in an effort to hopefully compete a little in round 2 of the RFL. Real life, though, has a funny way of always taking priority.

psst quick someone tell me what other mules to make that might be useful (in 1.07), if only to see dmg from high lvl skills.

I'm thinking blizz sorc, glacial spike sorc, meteor, firewall

too late! I just reached hell with everything. I went with the 2x cold 2x fire sorcs, and 2 barbs for more forge/sockets as well.

Meteor seems crappy. Firewall seems very good. Blizzard looks like it *only* has 2-2.5x as much dmg as glacial spike at lvl 20 each, but blizzard probably grows in dps much faster from + skills (it's like 40 per point). Guess I'll try blizzard for my new sorc (SnapchipShatter) after all.
Glacial spike might be similarly viable if you wear razortail (for ~23% pierce of projectiles, could be very good against council or maybe cows) or an even higher pierce weapon like one of the bows that have 99% pierce. 105% fcr too, ofc.

Now for a sorc that runs council only, I'll probably once again use a rogue merc since we can shoot from a safe position. I guess max crushing blow would be ideal since I probably want to use lower res wand for my curse.

I DO have a bone spirit necro, btw. He just reached lvl 85 last summer or a few months ago or something. Pretty good at cows and *ok* at council (have to chug lots of rejuvs for mana). I haven't regeared since he reached 85 but need to for arkaine's.

Does poison nova do a lot of dmg in 1.07? I haven't tried it. That sounds like less maintenance compared to bone spirit.

edit: I wonder if a firewall + blizzard hybrid would be viable... I figure static + blizzard is probably better for casting static between blizzard casts. Mixed fire./lite immunities are annoying for both, as well.

Last edited:
Ran into a lot of strange things today.

First up while rushing my RFO char, is the shrine (and monsters) that spawned off the map in CS. I accidentally teleported there.

Then, while getting the skill/stat quests with my new sorc, I had cleared the den of evil (in normal) and while teleporting toward the entrance my map had somehow reset (was forgotten). Very weird! I've never seen that happen before. You can see it mostly empty in the pic.

Finally, at the end of a cow run I was boosting one of my rack runner's stats since she leveled. I wanted to see how much another point in shiver armor helped when I realized that I somehow ran a 5% risk of the local Grizzly killing me (no there was no hostility in this game). Anyone seen that before?

I've seen those islands many times but never with a shrine, or monsters (that I can remember).

Ok, so I'm getting real sick of cows but want to level my sorc up a bit before trying HC 1.07 trav... do you think 75 is a safe bet?

Ok, so I'm getting real sick of cows but want to level my sorc up a bit before trying HC 1.07 trav... do you think 75 is a safe bet?

You better keep leveling for another couple weeks to be safe.. :p

So, @T72on1 and I previously, and briefly, discussed the idea of an expanded version of the TC3 hunting tournament in which you would then guardian the character (same build as you ran with) using your finds (unless no TC3 is available for a given slot). Would you guys be interested in that?

Also, @T72on1 If the interest is there, would you want to host that as a separate version of the tournament, or host a normal TC3 hunting tournament and then me host a separate (but flirtatiously connected) tournament for the second part?

So, I'm looking for my 1.07 atma stashes and I can't find them and am panicking. Anyone got ideas for me? I believe my bliss version switcher file tree was just on my desktop, I moved it, I found that and moved it back to my desktop, but now I can't find my stashes. Atma isn't in that file anywhere, although I do have it saved on my external but I can't find my stashes in that either.

Is there any version where Larzuk will punch a maximum of 4os into a white item?

Edit: Actually I just found what I was looking for, but I'm kind of interested in the answer anyway.

Last edited:
I don't know, but if the item level is right, it might have a maximum of 4 sockets. Apart from looking in low-level areas (if the item can be found there), fixing a cracked item will set its ilvl to 1 which might do the trick. That's probably what you found out yourself, however.

Thanks kris, that much I knew. I was after a 4os +3 Zeal scepter, but managed to rack one already with the holes in it.
I was wondering if 1.10a or something maxxed out for 4os. Other than that I was just going to have to chance it with the cube.

Now that RFL is over I'm going to do a few more 1.07 council runs to see if the RNG gods are in my favor since I can no longer get any points. Worked for zod

Hi all, I haven't posted in ages and wanted to say I'm still alive and hope you all are doing well. /kicks @pharphis in the Zod and steals his shins.

Also can anyone link me to an explanation of how chain lightning works? I want to reroll a dual element sorc cause I found a griffins and a deaths fathom on my stash and its time. Thanks all.

Thank you for the prompt reply! I was hoping to learn more about the nextdelay bug or the odd FCR breakpoints that make it unique among sorceress spells. I might be over thinking it.

Code:
Sorceress (Lightning / Chainlightning)
FCR Frames
0% 19
7% 18
15% 17
23% 16
35% 15
52% 14
78% 13
117% 12
194% 11