Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

This is not much weirder than chests. Why can't you smash them with the awesome weapons and spells you have to defeat Diablo, the Ancients or 200 cows in two minutes? Why can you buy keys in town that fit in all keylocks? Why are they used up when opening a chest? And why can every player in a multiplayer game use the same stash, but nobody can take or even seen the stuff of the others?

This is not much weirder than chests. Why can't you smash them with the awesome weapons and spells you have to defeat Diablo, the Ancients or 200 cows in two minutes? Why can you buy keys in town that fit in all keylocks? Why are they used up when opening a chest? And why can every player in a multiplayer game use the same stash, but nobody can take or even seen the stuff of the others?

i made this image macro years ago on another forum:

View attachment 10319

I believe this was a 1.13 classic character. hence the rattlecage

I know this isn't new news but, I love that good old Kaa is somewhat unique among unique monsters in that I think he can get the most number of unique modifiers? Am i wrong in thinking this? Can all superuniques be this way and I just never noticed?

[screenshot from 1.00 by the way]
View attachment 10569

Sorry for double-posting.

I know this isn't new news but, I love that good old Kaa is somewhat unique among unique monsters in that I think he can get the most number of unique modifiers? Am i wrong in thinking this? Can all superuniques be this way and I just never noticed?

<snip>

No, you're not wrong. Kaa has the most modifiers of any unique in the game. As if he weren't dangerous enough. At least he wasn't Multi Shot in that screenshot. Anybody remember how terrifying MSLEs were in Classic? :eek:

MSLE was an issue in the expansion as well. During the MSLE times, there was a single item item with enough lightning absorb to counter it effectively, the lightsaber, but it wasn't a great weapon otherwise. However, maximum % absorb was capped at 50% (now it's 40%), so you could be immune if you cannot be killed by 50% of the damage of a single shot.

MSLE was an issue in the expansion as well. During the MSLE times, there was a single item item with enough lightning absorb to counter it effectively, the lightsaber, but it wasn't a great weapon otherwise. However, maximum % absorb was capped at 50% (now it's 40%), so you could be immune if you cannot be killed by 50% of the damage of a single shot.

I guess I don't remember the MSLE in LOD being quite so bad because I stalled for a loooooong time to run NM Meph for ages to build up gear for all of my characters and by the time I had moved on, I was well-equipped enough to handle them. :shrug:

MSLE has been defused in 1.10.

Yeah, I remember MSLE still hurted when I was playing HC for the first time back in 1.09. MSLE, fana extra fast, cursed extra strong and to a less extent, might extra strong, was my list of modifiers to watch for.

Yeah, I remember MSLE still hurted when I was playing HC for the first time back in 1.09. MSLE, fana extra fast, cursed extra strong and to a less extent, might extra strong, was my list of modifiers to watch for.

Hephaesto cursed, extra strong, AND might aura seemed to happen to me an awful lot back then. There were some really long hit-and-run exchanges there.

Plenty of unique defilers in nihl's temple with quad immunity if you pop open some evil urns.

Ive just got to nm pindle and im gaining levels 10 times as fast as my merc. Is it worth levelling the merc or just buying another one closer to my level? Merc is currently level 51 and I am 58

As of 1.11 it's not worth it anymore. Buy a new one if you're too far ahead. Mercs worked a bit differently in 1.10 and they had fixed levels. There you pretty much had to level them.

Agreed. If you start questing again after your stop at Pindle, the merc should be gaining levels quickly though, unless he/she is too far behind.

Anyone else repair items less frequently in act 3 because Hratli is just too far away?
Absolutely. Fortunately this is really only a problem when questing - other Act 3 activities for me either involve a sorceress (LK, Meph) or a Grief phase blade (Council).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High