A ROSE by any other name - Item Find Thread April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not playing .07 but i dont want to. So that should be understandable to why someone isnt playing .07, idk view it however you want, but if the devs didnt updated the game its for a reason, its like spf not being friendly to torch and anni users when clearly the devs wanted that in the game, but its ok going to old versions even though devs clearly updated for a reason (op items). my 2 cents.

Edit: also just kind of peanut butter and jelly, re-read the post seems like a flame post, sorry didnt intend for it to come like that.

Last edited:
Im not playing .07 but i dont want to. So that should be understandable to why someone isnt playing .07, idk view it however you want, but if the devs didnt updated the game its for a reason, its like spf not being friendly to torch and anni users when clearly the devs wanted that in the game, but its ok going to old versions even though devs clearly updated for a reason (op items). my 2 cents.

Edit: also just kind of peanut butter and jelly, re-read the post seems like a flame post, sorry didnt intend for it to come like that.

It is 100% fine to not want to go to older patches :) Many SPF players don't do so, and many do.

The way we play today is a result of long history of the community, and the discussions around each patch update and RWM/Atma/GoMule etc. stuff. Part of our community also trades, and people don't wish to taint their stashes when trading with people who use different approaches to the game. Against that background it is maybe easier to see the sometimes not so friendly approach to the people who didn't respect the rules. I also remember it looked quite harsh to me when someone was caught with mods not allowed here, but now I understand this much better.

You'll maybe get a glimpse of these discussions if you stay here longer and happen to stumble upon some older threads or some stuff is brought under discussion again.

Hey, but anyway, again welcome to the forums and hope you'll stay here! 1.07 or not. (and by the time you'll want there yourself, trust me ;) )

It is 100% fine to not want to go to older patches :) Many SPF players don't do so, and many do.

Hey, but anyway, again welcome to the forums and hope you'll stay here! 1.07 or not. (and by the time you'll want there yourself, trust me ;) )

These 2 cents are spot on sir

@Marumbon Everyone here as an opinion regarding the set of rules here, and you're certainly not the only one with yours, among new joiners and long-time members alike. But it's important to remember that nobody forces you to time-travel or ATMA bug items or stuff like that, if you think that is not legit. Also, nobody prohibits you from using Anni and Torch -- you just can't trade, multiplayer or post about characters that do. It's just what this community agreed on for a variety of reasons and based on extended discussions way before you (or I) joined this forum. Whether the result is logical or contradictory or feels right to you, that is an entirely different question. Eventually, just be cool with it and let people do whatever they think is fair to do for them personally, and you do what seems fair to you.

Some good points regarding the rules. Personally I think you have 2 ways to play the game. The way you want to, or the way the devs intended you to. I have nothing against Anni or torch quests, but the devs didn't intend on putting it in SP. With that said, the intention of gambling in classic was to be used on occasion, not to exploit for sojs. Enigma was "intended" to be a luxury end game item. Not to destroy the game with bots. Even the cow level was supposed to be a novelty, not the best place for farming and xp.

I don't see anything wrong with older patches, provided you play the patch with the right intentions. I.e. exploiting broken crafting in 1.07 or abusing soj gambling seems cheesy to me. But to each their own. But on the flip side, I have no problem using an uberquest mod even though it was intended to be bnet only. Whether someone else might not like the uberquest since it isn't identical, but they have nothing against using a ring with 30%ll.

After 10+ years of playing this game SP and bnet, i never thought that going BACK to a previous version of the game was needed. similar to how i think that clearly the game is playable without torches and annis. but i also dislike the rune drop rate changes and stat reset in 1.13 so i have no interest in going forward either. I have been content with 1.10-1.12 for many years now and have no plans on going backwards or forwards. I like the idea of being able to spam frozen orb or fill my screen with wall of flames again though, dont really have any interest in the items from back then, they arnt necessary. The ppl who play 1.07 may say the same thing about rune words though. Its all subjective. And its clear to me that most games are being made easier to appeal to ppl who lack patients or interest in overcoming something difficult. This is why i reject the rune drop rate and stat reset of the newest versions. it feels like a pussification of this, the most epic game i have ever played. 1.12 hit the sweet spot imo and i never want to make it easier by bringing in shit that is better then what it offers, or make it easier to obtain the godly shit that iv been struggling to find for so many years.

Last edited:
@Tnuc GniRobal - I have a similar philosophy, but different approach to things. I spent most of my d2 career in 1.09-1.12, and am put off a bit by the new rune drop rates. I know that I could play a lifetime and never accumulate runes for most of the expensive RW. However, I would like to try all that d2 has to offer in any version, including those RW.

So, I've tried to build up rune wealth slowly, through HF questing (not rushing) and trading. It's taken me ~3 years to build up some rune wealth. Whereas I see it can be done in ~3 mo. if you really wanted to.

I also just love trading. And, I'm glad to have found the SPF. I remember playing Guild Wars. And, as soon as I had enough gold, I bought 1 black dye (you could color your gear in GW). I just kept going from town to town, buying/selling black dye for profit. Then, when I had enough money, I started buying crafting components, and selling finished gear for profit. In the end, I was trading high end near perfect gear, and I was still ~lvl 12. All these high level players were like WTF this little guy get his gear?!? :D

Just a question re: +max/min damage 1.07 charms. Is that damage added b4 any modifiers kick in?

It's definitely true that games are becoming easier. However, I think the 1.13 changes should have been different. The problem is that 1.10+ is balanced towards the RWs, more so the ladder ones. The skill system is boiked because of synergies, making respecing very helpful once the RWs are aquired. I think they should have addressed these problems differently such as:
- remove synergies and make skill damage scale with char level, allowing diverse builds that don't rely on infinity
- if skills scaled, they would all be effective and respecing wouldn't be needed in the first place

On a side note, runes aren't that exciting anymore. There so easy to find, you don't jump out of your chair at the site of them. But again, when the game is balanced towards the RWs, it's very helpful.

Anni and torch aren't necessary to solo hell. But let's be real. You introduce such powerful items and make keys drop. But they don't work in SP? That's a lame move on Blizzards part. It's not just the rewards, but the quest as well. The uberquest is fun and challenging, requiring a skilled player. These items greatly help with the huge difficulty beef in 1.10.

No need for 1.07 charms, 1.10+ Runewords, 1.13 rune drop rates, Anni, Torches, etc, since - provided you have the necessary patience - the game can be completed with naked characters, at least with some skill variants.

We all play the games with different goals. And while a few of those might seem mutually exclusive I actually think most of them boil down to the same essence.

Yes, with a few exceptions games get easier and easier. D2 seemed to get harder at first when immunities were introduced, but it actually got easier. 1.10 seemed harder than 1.09 at first, but it ended up being easier.
It's true for many other games, series of games and much of gaming in general.

I have plenty of gripes about D2's evolution, each of its each major patch and Blizzard's lapses, but that didn't stop me from enjoying all of them. I probably enjoyed 1.09 the most, probably because I had so many buddied playing it with me.

My buddies have pretty much all moved on from D2 and so had I for years. So now I enjoy 1.07 for the time being. Certainly one aspect of it is the novelty aspect it represents to me: finding items I never did before (and never could). I don't even know for sure whether I will forward any of the items. And even if I like the idea of building characters who are as strong as possible I have also enjoyed playing untwinked, single-pass characters using niche skills.

I think it's retarded that Blizzard enabled torch & DClone for Bnet, but not for SP. I loved the torch quest on Bnet. For example the major German D2-Site has no problem with the mod-that-shall-remain-unnamed which enables Torch & DClone in SP, and the people playing SP over there have just as much regard for legit play as the people have over here.
When I felt like starting SP again a while ago after a long break from Bnet it was a tossup for me between this site and the German one. I picked this one, because it's more active and so I abide by its rules. I would prefer to be able to play with Torch and Anni (if I ever get to a patch that has them), but I don't have a problem not having them. I might not ever trade, but I like to keep the option open.

Sorry about the double post, wanted to separate this from our OT discussion.

Played about an hour or an hour and a half today, and it really was XYZ Prefix GC of Maiming Day today. Found the following within maybe 30 minutes in that order:
Code:
Prefix 832 Grand Charm of Maiming
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 37
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x1d1d7c59
+5 to Minimum Damage
+20 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 831 Grand Charm of Maiming
Fingerprint: 0x49aa0efa
+4 to Minimum Damage
+20 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 1107 Grand Charm of Maiming
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x8769947
+20 to Maximum Damage
+1 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
With the way it works in 1.07 this probably is the best possible Java charm for use in 1.07? I might just have to play one just for this charm :eek:

I don't do any GF. Dunno if this guy is worthwhile?
View attachment 5191

Oh, Goes right next to this guy.. ;)
Code:
Serpent's Grand Charm of Greed
Required Level: 29
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x40699075
+45 to Mana
40% Extra Gold from Monsters

Edit: What's going on SPF? I don't get an alert for quoting myself in a post? :p

Yann said:
I think it's retarded that Blizzard enabled torch & DClone for Bnet, but not for SP. I loved the torch quest on Bnet. For example the major German D2-Site has no problem with the mod-that-shall-remain-unnamed which enables Torch & DClone in SP, and the people playing SP over there have just as much regard for legit play as the people have over here.
When I felt like starting SP again a while ago after a long break from Bnet it was a tossup for me between this site and the German one. I picked this one, because it's more active and so I abide by its rules. I would prefer to be able to play with Torch and Anni (if I ever get to a patch that has them), but I don't have a problem not having them. I might not ever trade, but I like to keep the option open.
Spoilered to reduce size of spam.
Please try not to use retarded as an adjective. Similar words have caused offense and been the reason some community members have decided to leave the forums, and are like poking a beehive. Sometimes, there may not be a reaction, but othertimes, you might be walking on glass and some people may not appreciate it. Simply describe it as 'a poor decision,' to which, I agree 100%. It's a shame to keep the Ubers B.net-only, this many years after implemented.

That said, onto the beaten horse. The Anni and Torch have been discussed a lot. The drawback to them is that:
1. Diablo Clone can spawn in every game, without penalty. No SoJ's sold, no difficulty in spawning them, can be done within a couple of minutes. Very easy to farm just by loading a new character (Uberdin/smitadin,) and farm them in minutes without any challenge. Every character would have them with ease, instead of the intended difficulty of the fight, as well as the small chance of DC spawning. There's no thrill or challenge or excitement when you can spawn him immediately upon starting a game and simply transfer them instantly.
2. Uber Tristram isn't replicated the same. The modded version is easy. Very easy, and the Ubers don't summon any minions, let alone those being immune to multiple elements.
3. The mod also comes in with several modifications considered as hacks by the forums. Respec infinitely, multi-stash (means transfering/farming those easy Anni's take even less time,) larger inventory etc. With programs like that, you can't simply say "we allow this, but only with these settings disabled." There's too much to govern to ensure everyone to play how they want, without ruining other people's playing style, and there are always those who simply don't care if they ruin how others enjoy the game.

Our saying here is pretty much: Do whatever is right and fun for you, as long as it doesn't affect or negatively impact on the enjoyment of others.

Decided to make some new hurty sticks for a new barb I'm working up, and wanted to use 1.07 eth Colossus Blades. Needed a 5os and a 6os, which is easy enough, just Larzuk them in the appropriate patch and you can use superior bases :D

Looking through my stashes, I had this tucked away already:
View attachment 5194
Superior Colossus Blade
One-Hand Damage: 27 to 144
Two-Hand Damage: 28 to 284
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Dexterity: 55
Required Strength: 178
Required Level: 76
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xc8cae2c1
+3 to Attack Rating
+15% Enhanced Damage <----added because ATMA has display issues
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (5: 0 used)
So I had the 5os covered, but I didn't have any good unsocketed superior eth CBs (I wanted at least 10% ED, ideally +15%) Luckily, I have a stable CB rack in upper Kurast, just 2 'ports from the waypoint...so I started running that.

Meanwhile, I went ahead and forwarded the 5sox CB and decided to go ahead and ebug it...popped in Hel El Vex Ort Gul, and... wait a second... WHOA!!! a perfect roll!!!
View attachment 5193
Death
Superior Colossus Blade
'HelElVexOrtGul'
One-Hand Damage: 185 to 546
Two-Hand Damage: 435 to 968
Required Dexterity: 78
Required Strength: 141
Required Level: 63
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xc8cae2c1
+385% Enhanced Damage
+53 to Attack Rating
Adds 1-50 lightning damage
7% Mana stolen per hit
+1 to Light Radius
Requirements -20%
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
50% Chance of Crushing Blow
Indestructible
25% Chance to cast Level 18 Glacial Spike on attack
100% Chance to cast Level 44 Chain Lightning When You Die
Level 22 Blood Golem (15/15 Charges)
37% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (5: 5 used)

I had NO intention of keeping Death in that base, but I can't pass up a perfect roll like this...so now I'm racking for TWO eth sup CBs :rolleyes:
At least I don't need to look for ones that drop with a specific # of sockets...:eek:

WoRG

i am glad this is back to posting pictures of things people found :) just saying :)

I found a 112% GF blue belt (version 1.0) with level req 5 i will post a picture tonight never seen it go that high. (i know rare's can be a lot better) just saying 112% gf on a new born character will give you a lot of spending money.

With the way it works in 1.07 this probably is the best possible Java charm for use in 1.07? I might just have to play one just for this charm :eek:

My understanding is damage from charms does not add to LF in 1.07 (from @frozzzen IIRC) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High