A ROSE by any other name - Item Find Thread April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoRG1

Mar 10, 2009
Ahhh, Spring.... (well, for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, anyway :p )

Time for the new.... so a new IFT! (link to old IFT)

Time for renewal.... so I guess I'm back after a hiatus of several years...

Time for the world to become green again... but sometimes, It's not easy being Green!!
View attachment 5100

Bramble
Superior Wire Fleece
'RalOhmSurEth'
Defense: 854
Durability: 36 of 37
Required Strength: 111
Required Level: 61
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 94
Fingerprint: 0xfa1353a8
GUID: 0x147b94cb 0x9e4f6057 0x0
+15% Enhanced Defense
Regenerate Mana 15%
+300 Defense
Fire Resist +30%
+5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Poison Resist +100%
Increase Maximum Durability 15%
Increase Maximum Mana 5%
+13 Life after each Kill
50% Faster Hit Recovery
Level 20 Thorns Aura When Equipped
Level 13 Spirit of Barbs (25/33 Charges)
+204% to Poison Skill Damage (range: 69-207%!!!)
Socketed (4: 4 used)

1.10s beta has four runewords that are more powerful than the 1.10final+ versions...Bramble, Call to Arms, Crescent Moon, and Delirium. The latter two, however, are not THAT much more powerful (yes, they proc a lot more, but the effects are largely the same...) and, moreover, are fairly easy to get if you're willing to do a bit of HellForge rushing. CtA and Bramble, on the other hand, are potentially MUCH more powerful than later versions and require runes high enough that HellForge rushing them is quite daunting...

Back in summer 2012, I was questing a toon through the Act5 ice caves in 1.07 and got a SUR rune! I told myself that if I got another SUR in 1.07/1.08/1.09/or one of the 1.10betas, I was gonna make a beta Bramble... (I have a personal rule that before making any highly-variable runeword, I have to have the runes to make it twice, just in case...) Then, in December 2012, I had another SUR rune drop whilst running 1.07 hell cows!! It was time! I forwarded the SUR, some other runes, and the base to 1.10s, combined the other runes with some HF runes already acquired in 1.10s to cube up an OHM, and rolled my beta Bramble! (I figured that rolling such a rare, expensive, and variable runeword was worth recording...sorry for the silliness at the end, I was kinda stunned by my good fortune :p )

Anyway, I decided that this was an item that deserved to kick off a new IFT, and as this was right before Christmas, I figured I would start a new one on New Year's... Imagine my surprise when Dazliare beat me to the punch with a perfect damage roll eBToD! Oh well, I had known that I was going on hiatus for while due to real-world issues, so I simply postponed posting it. I did check back in from time to time over the next few years, but it always seemed to work out that someone had recently started a new IFT, so it never seemed like the right time...

Obviously, I ended up being away for a lot longer than I had expected, but this last Christmas break, I spent a lot of time MPing with @zemaj, and ended up getting back into D2, so here I am again, showing off a godly item I rolled about 4.5 years ago :p

P.S. Regarding the title, I've always thought that it was cool that the Runes for Bramble spell ROSE :cool:

@WoRG this is as good a place as any as to thank you for your posts in the 1.07 thread, one of the reasons I started with it :)

Speaking of 1.07, couldn't play for a week, but today I crafted some blood rings, didn't get any bugged ones with huge LL, but at least I got MF rings which are better than 1.07 nagels...
Code:
Storm Knot
Ring
Required Level: 84
Item Level: 56
Fingerprint: 0x46f8858a
+10 to Strength
+23 to Life
+100 to Mana
+2 to Minimum Damage
3% Life stolen per hit
17% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Blood Knot
Ring
Required Level: 27
Item Level: 56
Fingerprint: 0x33802c9
+15 to Strength
+16 to Life
+4 to Minimum Damage
6% Life stolen per hit
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Also, third random tc3 unique from rack. I only pop 2 racks running this LK map, when I pop this one first the other campfire hut rack drops a dagger most of the time, mostly I run it for chests, because the layout is good I think:
UYpgcFv.jpg

Acidentally went into nightmare with my LK runner. Like 5 tries later i got the perfect map. No luck on HRs, but got this beauty. As my sorc aims for 97, the ghosts in Baals room sometimes give me trouble. This will help.

Amber Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0x5bee53b0
Item Level: 80
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
Lightning Resist +11%

@WoRG Amazing roll! Makes my v1.13d 29% poison damage Bramble look puny by comparison.

Hello...

I am not even really properly in hell jet, so showing anything here might be a bit presumptuous, but please bear with me. Those three items are the ones that made my crappy mood a bit better in the last few days, even though there are tons of clouds outside the window. I guess that alone lets them have worth, if nothing else.

Corpse song, Crystalline Globe
One-Handed Damage: 10 to 26
+17 Energy
+32 Life
+17 To +61 Cold Damage (Cold Length +3 sec)
+2 To Sorceress Skill Levels
+1 To Energy Shield (sor)
Half Freeze Duration
+3 Mana After Each Kill
Level 3 Chain Lightning (sor) (21/41 Charges)

Storm claw, Gaunlets
Defense = 16
+70% Enhanced Defense
+29% Fire Resistance
+12% Lightning Resistance
+3% Life Stolen per Hit
+3% Mana Stolen per Hit
+20% Increased Attack Speed

Pain hood, Horned Helm
Defense = 31
+8 Energy
+10% Enhanced Defense
+28% Cold Resistance
+1 To Battle Cry (bar)
+2 To Increased Speed (bar)
+2 To Natural Resistance (bar)
+2 To Masteries (Barbarian)
+14% Chance to Cast Level +5 Nova (sor) When Struck

P.S. Regarding the title, I've always thought that it was cool that the Runes for Bramble spell ROSE :cool:

So good. There are a couple others, but none of them have the extra little addition that the Thorns aura brings to the flavour.

Exile -> VOID is a good one.
BotD -> VHEEZE (Wheeze? eh, it's a bit of a stretch)

Then they missed a couple opportunities for fun ones too.

Famine should have had the Jah replaced by Dol+Sur so it could have been FOODS (and maybe then even be worth making for the cost)
Memory is infuriating, because they could have just switch the Sol/Eth and had it read LIES.

But I digress. Welcome back and enjoy your new toy, let us know how it works out! :)

Oh my, that's a sweet roll @WoRG !

When I started my SPF adventures, "Spear of the Gods" was the ITF. Welcome back! Did you ever finish that spear btw, or use it for that matter? And what are the plans for this Bramble? :)

Awesome roll on that beta Bramble. The Bramble and CTA has me really wanting to do some time traveling.

Welcome back man.

Welcome back fellow strangler. I made an account here in 2011 and quit diablo for 6 years, just came back as well.
Anyway, I finally moved up to 1.14 and it rang a warming welcome!
[players 7, ~200 runs]
rofp7-ber1.jpg
EDIT: wow, just an hour later got this, it really is nice playing 1.13+ again
pindle-vex1.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't that a new Ber pattern?
Yes, this confirms 2x legit Ber. Treeharl and I did find this pattern during our simulated runs however. There should be one more pattern on players 7. Not sure if I want to update the table though.

Posting here as well, just so this baby doesn't get missed:

91iPNj4.jpg
I'm sorry to come here and bust your bubble, but watch THIS:

Lucky Large Charm
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0xc28aea75
Item Level: 85
2% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Who's mister fancy pants now, huh?

Those charms.....all out of Tetris order....it hurts my eyes....

I actaully noticed the other day that many of you have arranged them to be much more aesthetically pleasing than mine, so I started doing it with mine. Obviously, I hadn't quite reached Toranaga yet. :oops:

I'm sorry to come here and bust your bubble, but watch THIS:

Lucky Large Charm
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0xc28aea75
Item Level: 85
2% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Who's mister fancy pants now, huh?

That's twice as good as mine! :D

Apparently it's not just complaining that works, but also the intention to complain, since I was about to complain until this happened after several days of nothing:

KmcLRjX.jpg

Ive been finding some decent Runes here and there, but nothing that I really want or need. A Ber or Vex still hasn't dropped, and that blows my mind consdering the Zod that dropped a few weeks back(which I am still happy to just gaze upon!). I am getting a little better at being efficient in my runs, and of course there is always XP gain which is obviously important to the goal of level 99.
Last night I was getting ready to quit for the night and go to bed, and figured one more Pit run would do it. After a melee of arrows and Devilkins I noticed a gold Demonhead on the ground. Nope, not ethereal, but still something I've been wanting for my merc.
View attachment 5112

Not a perfect leech roll either, but at least it wasnt the lowest roll. I searched through my jewels and there is no Ruby Jewel of Fervor in my stashes, which I knew anyway, but I was hoping maybe I had missed it(again, highly doubtful). Since I have a socket quest or two to use on my merc a Ral will more than likely get plugged in it for now. Here's hoping that by complaining there will be better drops in my future!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High