A ROSE by any other name - Item Find Thread April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nifty little jewel from Tal Rasha's Tomb in Normal. Too bad nobody does lld anymore...

Rusty Jewel of Freedom
Jewel
Required Level: 9
Fingerprint: 0x35aea089
Item Level: 20
Version: Expansion 1.10+
20% Enhanced Damage
Requirements -15%

Decided to actually start questing Hemlocke, the Barb in my rosewarriors poison sept... found an awesome vita-build Fishymancer head in the lost city in Act II normal...
View attachment 5563

I think I'll show it to Larzuk and make a Splendor in it...

WoRG

I have been playing D2 since almost when it came out. I have six Mara's in GoMule, and I know I have left a few 20/21 res on the floor that aren't counted in there. The first one I found was 26. The next best I found is a 25 and the rest were 21/22 for a long time (there is a 24 in there, and it almost makes me want to do a Mara's grail (one of every res-all option...). But finally, something better than that original 26 res all.

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x84db403a
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +5
All Resistances +29

Hell Council giveth.

If you are going for the RW Grail anyway, why don't you wait until you make that 'Hand Of Justice' and run him as an auradin? Don't see too many of those...

Hadn't thought about that. I have one Cham that my Pitzerker found a while back, plus quite a few spare Los and Surs. I had been thinking the Cham would go to a Pride polearm or Doom of some sort. But the HoJ sounds like an interesting option that actually could be featured in a build I have in mind.

What's the best base for it? Phaseblade, I assume, to maximize the attack speed to deliver elemental damage, right?

Such as there is the pharsword, we will start having a necrolemmring. Or perhaps just lemmring

it dropped

forgot to take a screenshot at the time though; you'll have to make do with a 1.13 one

tjbrHzR.jpg

total ring count 189, unique amulets 92

no runes between fal and ohm (go figure)

had i known in advance that it'd take like 4x longer than expected, i wouldn't have done it at all; farming for one item for hours a day for seven weeks was really not my idea of fun and i think i injured my wrist in the process

oh well

ifarming for one item for hours a day for seven weeks was really not my idea of fun and i think i injured my wrist in the process

oh well
And this is why I no longer do dedicated MF runs. No guarantee of progress. 'tis the reason I prefer running to clvl 99. Guaranteed progress with each run, no matter how infinitesimal each individual run appears.

The idea of working towards a 99 is definitely something I've had on my mind, but the prospect of settling on a 300 hour longterm plan is kind of intimidating when I have tons of other games I'd like to finish, too. I've been enjoying rune hunting, though - council is just barely dangerous enough that I can't quite autopilot but still easy enough that I can watch streams or talk to friends while I do it, the lottery drops are nice, and I can do just a couple of runs at a time during Overwatch queues or other short intervals without needing to settle into a groove.

On that note, this is my fourth one from them. I guess that leaves me at leisure to put one in a hat or something and still make the BotD I want, but it'd be cool if they dropped a Jah at some point.

WrwMuHc.jpg

max def on eth bug sacred 1350
this one was 1266 (i thought it was closer to max)
max def in eth sacred fort 4065
mine...meh i dont regret it. ( i didnt have anything better...wish i had a gody Eth Archon)
View attachment 5582
it still turned him into a total tank. forced me to change helm to Giant Skull for str (no andys) and abandon insight for reapers toll for the LL. But now he doesn't die and everything gets super slow with decrep and holy freeze. The one bummer is that his decrep fucks with my Lower resist wand. so i started using CTA off hand instead of the LR wand... I need a andys and infinity.

Started a fire sorc in 1.10 beta to break the AT monotony. Don't remember ever having to level this much to wear an item found while playing untwinked. It dropped from NM Andariel on run #10ish.

View attachment 5585

Off to Tal Rasha's tombs now, they seem like a fitting place to level up. Hopefully she'll be strong enough to run hell Andariel soon.

So, I've had a bizarre series of drops in the last few days. I decided to respec my sorc to lightning after finding tals armor. I spent my 2 Bers on an infinity and like 2 runs later I found a Jah... No enigma for me...yet. The next day I found this bad pappy. I socketed it with a facet I've been saving. It's 5/4 level, but it'll get the job done. I was pretty happy with the roll on the orb for sure! It'll look nice with the 14% cold blizzard ormus I also found after that respec. Oh this game...

First 1.07 hoZ. I'm going to rack them until I get one with some @res

Herald of Zakarum
Gilded Shield
Defense: 142
Chance to Block: 57%
Durability: 30 of 50
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 89
Required Level: 42
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x3586d50f
+50% Enhanced Defense
+33% Enhanced Damage (audomods)
+77 to Attack Rating

+15% Increased Chance of Blocking
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
50% Faster Block Rate
Cannot Be Frozen
+1 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
144% Damage to Undead (2 per Character Level)
720% Bonus to Attack Rating Against Undead (10 per Character Level)

darn

Herald of Zakarum
Gilded Shield
Durability: 31 of 50
(Paladin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x1c20e213
+50% Enhanced Defense
+22% Enhanced Damage
+43 to Attack Rating

50% Faster Block Rate
Cannot Be Frozen

I've been enjoying rune hunting, though - council is just barely dangerous enough that I can't quite autopilot but still easy enough that I can watch streams or talk to friends while I do it, the lottery drops are nice, and I can do just a couple of runs at a time during Overwatch queues or other short intervals without needing to settle into a groove.

On that note, this is my fourth one from them. I guess that leaves me at leisure to put one in a hat or something and still make the BotD I want, but it'd be cool if they dropped a Jah at some point.
Agreed re: Council >LK after a certain point in a D2 career. I would argue that every D2 player could use three Chams before you start get into using it in Runewords: Harle (for pit zerker, Trav runner); Andy's Visage; and Guillaume's Face.

too low :( I'll rack a few more, maybe

Herald of Zakarum
Gilded Shield
Durability: 26 of 50
(Paladin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x37270d28
+50% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +8
50% Faster Block Rate
Cannot Be Frozen

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High