2019 Spring Rune Finding League - Final Results

@ffs That's a Zod from a non-Wraith monster even! :)

@art_vandelay I didn't mean to not include 1.07 at all. Just maybe with a separate scoreboard for that version. The rarity and scores of 1.07 runes are so drastically different from 1.13+ runes that they distort the results quite a bit. I mean, look at WoRG's score this round. To beat that score in 1.13+, your top 5 would need to be at least 3 Zod and 2 Cham runes. Look at his score from the first round. Impossible to beat even with 5 Zods. Then there are other 1.07 runners who didn't score at all because they haven't found Pul+. Which makes me think that maybe 1.07 qualifiers should start with lower runes than Pul.

I don't know about separate leaderboards but taking into account lower runes seems only fair to the 1.07 runners. In fact since the scores are based on rarity the 1.07 qualifiers should go down all the way to those of score 3.4. After all people get their 3.4 points for a 1.13 pul but no points for a 1.07 Lum. (A 1.12 Lum is about as rare as a 1.13 Pul and I assume that 1.07 runes are even rarer than those in 1.12.)

Currently 1.07 runners only get scores above 19.4 points per rune or nothing at all. That's roughly the equivalent of 1.13 runners only counting runes Jah and above. (which would be ridiculous...)

Wow! WoRG needs to teach the rest of the 1.07'ers how to play the game it seems! Congrats to everyone what a crazy round! I thought I was a shoe-in for top 5, but missed it by 23 points :eek:
  • Round 1 Vex+ - 1
  • Round 2 Vex+ - 1
  • Round 3 Vex+ - 5 (and a vex from the chest)
So needless to say, I've very pleased with the results. Did almost the whole set with my poison pit necro on p5. Runs avg'd right around 2:30 (so not too good), but were avg'ing closer to 2:00 near the end. Did about 2 hours on my blizz sorc in AT on p3 just because i felt like doing a few runs, and she dropped me the vex! Found a vex right off the bat from the chest in the pit (so non-qualifier) and was able to upgrade my necro's spirit sword (lol) to a hoto. Anyways here are the haul pics!

RUNEZ
jndM6M9.jpg

The ist was from the chest as well, so it's off by itself.
LINK to imgur album of individual drops

UNIQUES
lhzTrSh.jpg

All was stuff I didn't have before the round. Honestly thought MF drops would be a little better, but I can't complain about stormspire and halaberds, as well as some useful items I hadn't found yet. Also finally turned up my first set of titans which I forgot to include in the pic.

DATA
~240 total runes found
431 runs with mazrim (pit necro) 2:30 per run
72 runs with arkana (tunnels sorc) 1:20 per run

0:04 vex rune from chest
1:16 leviathan
1:43 natures peace
2:27 wolfhowl
2:36 halaberds reign
2:44 dracs
2:45 5os rune master
2:51 aldurs armor
3:09 lightsabre
3:25 OHM
5:14 PUL
6:05 OHM
7:36 griz corona
8:08 VEX tunnels run sorc
8:32 tomb reaver (2os)
8:42 guardian angel
8:55 UM
8:56 firelizards talons, lvl 91
9:00 JAH!
10:23 500+ def arch plate
10:27 eth 4os champ sword
10:51 PUL
11:28 titans!
12:38 trangs belt
12:51 ist rune from chest
15:29 stormspire
16:14 MAL
16:30 messerchmidts reaver
16:31 gore rider
16:46 boneshade
17:19 13ed 4os diamond bow
17:23 bk charge
17:50 JAH!
18:21 45@ vortex shield
18:41 lvl 93 switch to sorc
19:40 44@ zakarum shield

@art_vandelay jahs are rare? I wouldn't have guessed :p I'm now sitting with two jah's in the stash doing nothing, and still haven't seen a non-cubed ber (and don't have infinity).

Scoring more runes for 1.07 doesn't make too much sense to me. Then they would have a distinct advantage with having the same chance for smaller points, but also small chances for huge scores that 1.14'ers don't have. Anyways congrats to @WoRG! As far as I know, he's the first 1.07'er to place at all in any RFL round (someone correct me if I'm wrong), let alone dominate the whole tourney.

@LongingForDeath your rune haul is obviously incredible, but 15 skillers amazes me as well. I think that's about how many I have total!

@Grape Thanks so much for hosting. I had a great time, and it was a reallllly fun way to re equip after a reset to join the forum.

Edit: One more edit to say @art_vandelay your arcane zod drop is so freakin cool. Really caps off the RFL with the whole "is arcane worth the no chance at zod" question.

Last edited:
Amazing job @WoRG !!!

Congrats as well to all runners, some seriously good hauls this round. Zods and Chams abound!

As for me, well, you can pretty much see how it went. 15 hours of running without a single qualifier, it might be time for me to move on from the Pits for Round 3 next year. Still very happy with my overall placement, and congrats to @ffs for sneaking by me right at the end there. ;)

My round wasn't a total waste though, I got some good XP for the necro, and although I didn't get any actual qualifiers I did get something to be excited about; a grailer!

View attachment 13980

That puts me finally into the single digits at grail -9. It's actually eth which is great for the eth grail, but horrible for wanting to try it out on some fun builds. Guess I'll just have to find another! :p

Congrats again to @WoRG and @ffs for the great finishes, and to everyone who found some success during this RFL. MASSIVE thanks to @Grape for hosting once again, you are awesome!

I tested MF barbs for AT and Pit and compared them in the running thread. More precisely, I used Pit berserker, Pit singer and AT barb.

You guys want unusual haulpics, were here is the one. Ups, this is RFL, right? Well, I didn't want to waste my time on CS or AS and this is the result of such approach:

9sl1U86.jpg

93n0DqA.jpg

17 MFO 9.3+ qualifiers in 20 hours plus two Pharblades. As for runes, I found Ber, Ohm, Ist, Ist, Mal and 2x Pul

Finds:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xf617955c
Item Level: 87
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
100% Chance to cast level 23 Venom when you Level-Up
Adds 37 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
-5% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+5% to Poison Skill Damage

Schaefer's Hammer
Legendary Mallet
One Hand Damage: 111 - 326
Durability: 45 of 65
Required Level: 79
Required Strength: 189
Fingerprint: 0x4065ff37
Item Level: 88
Unidentified
20% Chance to cast level 10 Static Field on striking
Indestructible
+20% Increased Attack Speed
123% Enhanced Damage
+190 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+760 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 50 - 200 Lightning Damage
+50 to Life
Lightning Resist +75%
+1 to Light Radius

Best find:
Crown of Ages
Corona
Defense: 367
Durability: 40 of 50
Required Level: 82
Required Strength: 174
Fingerprint: 0xb693baca
Unidentified
Indestructible
+1 to All Skills
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
+50% Enhanced Defense
+118 Defense
All Resistances +27
Damage Reduced by 14%
2 Sockets (0 used)

Oh, and of course the 4th one!
4th outside Pindle that is

Templar's Might
Sacred Armor
Defense: 1923
Durability: 36 of 60
Required Level: 74
Required Strength: 232
Fingerprint: 0xd2b05906
Unidentified
+2 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+220% Enhanced Defense
+258 Defense vs. Missile
+12 to Strength
+13 to Vitality
+44 Maximum Stamina

Best moment - two magnificent runs in a row. Second one dropped Corona and Sacred Armor

[highlight]FINAL WORDS[/highlight]

This third round was quite fun to change from runefinding areas into magicfinding ones. I knew from beginning this round is not actually about runes. Last time I focused CS for runes I found exactly nothing. Cool if xp is needed. Now I think I actually found solid items and did solid running overall. Not from runefinding aspect of course. I already started to level up my pitbarb to level 97 to profit some extra hit chance for faster running. 20 hours job overall.

I'd fancy some MF tournaments or league in the future. Anyway, until the next time, fellas ;)

Last edited:
Crazy stuff Gripphon !!! Makes me want to do some dedicated mf runs too. Until I realize I'll end up with 5 9.3+ qualifiers at best in the span of 20 hours, not 17 :confused:

I think set was above average in everything except maybe quality. I think closer to expectations would be something like 2-3 runes, 12 MFO items and maybe 3 to 4 facets

Well, another abysmal showing from me. I shouldn't complain too much as I put together a new char for each round. I actually ran 2 1/3 sets this time. I got nothing from the third set, not that there was much to it. I even did a couple hours of AS at one point with decent run times, 70-80 seconds, but had nothing at all to show for that. Well, I did die once from my frantic pace and that was a bit of a turn off and part of the reason I returned to the safety of the pits. Anyways, here are a couple things that will go to good use, probably sooner than later. The Ohm is from the first set and the Jah and Tal from the second.

Congrats to all, I've been quite impressed with some of the improvements in efficiency I've seen since my return and thanks to Grape for hosting.

View attachment 13994 View attachment 13995 View attachment 13996

Despite regularly getting packs like the one below, I disappointed by the drops this round, on all fronts.
View attachment 14009

Runes
2x Pul
Um
Ist
Mal
Vex
Ohm

View attachment 14010

View attachment 14008
Yes, neither of by best two runes came from a Vizer seal pack.

Approximately 110 PGs
109 Jewels, almost all junk except this:
Code:
Shimmering Jewel of Carnage
Jewel
Required Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0x2b624d3e
Item Level: 85
+13 to Maximum Damage
Cold Resist +10%
Lightning Resist +10%
Fire Resist +10%
Poison Resist +10%

Jewelery
2x Cat's Eye
2x Dwarf Star
1x Nature's Peace
1x Ravenfrost
No decent rares

Charms
Chilling of Greed (21%)
2x Expert's
Fletcher's of Inertia
Fungal
Shogukusha's
Sparking
Sparking of Greed (35%)
Steel Grand Charm of Sustenance (34)

Items
Arakine's Valour (+2)
Arreat's Face
Executioner's Justice
Lacerator
Fleshripper
Verdungo's (Ethereal)
Kira's (Ethereal)

Once again congratulations to all those who finished in the points, and especially @WoRG for the overall win.

Thanks @Grape for hosting :)

Congratulations to everyone on their haul. I just wasn't able to get enough time in the last couple rounds, but here is my feeble attempt for qualifiers in the run up to midnight on Thursday (top 5 for the couple hours I got in, figured I would haulpic it anyway :) ):

View attachment 14014

I did find one grailer, and one decent SC as well:
View attachment 14015

View attachment 14016

Hopefully things will settle down a bit and I can get some more time for playing and being active on the forums. Making an attempt at the "Overburdened" tourney at the moment.

Thanks for all the congrats, I'm pretty amazed I actually won this! It was pretty gratifying to be able to run in 1.07 and still compete, even if it does boil down to luck with the RNG! Congrats to all the other runners, and wow at @art_vandelay for the Zod from AS!!

I ran Chaos Sanctuary with my 'zon, the same character I ran cows with for the first round...but as a Multishot bowzon instead of a furyzon. She used pretty much the same equipment as she did for cows, but as she didn't do nearly as much herding, I swapped out her crafted boots for Goblin Toes for the extra Crushing Blow, and I crafted her a better bow before round 3 started... I had initially thought I could get her down to 7fpa, not realizing that in 1.07, mat bows are speed 0, not -10...but at least I could use Gface instead of ValkWing and still hit 8fpa.

She is a LOT of fun to play, and is surprisingly safe...with a fast, hurty bow, 75%CB (15%gloves, 35%Gface, 25%GoblinToe), Amp from her Saracen's, and the range and area coverage of 1.07 Multishot, it was pretty rare for anything to get close enough to threaten her! Even de Seis usually wasn't too scary! I also killed Diablo as well...his drops are crap in 1.07, but he does give decent XP (at least until lvl96).

I ran in multiplayer games to up player settings...CS is big enough to make this quite worthwhile. I ran 6 player games (1 host, my lvl99 sorc to teleblitz to CS through the random RoF maps and open a portal, my runner, and 3 partied toons in-level). I'm pretty sure this is a lot of the reason I did so well overall, you get a lot more drops this way!

Overall, I was somewhat disappointed with drops...I got very few uniques, except from Diablo, and he only ever drops from his normal TC in 1.07...I did get a few items for the eth grail, but thats about it...lots of flawless gems, but fewer jewels and charms than I expected.

As for runes, I got a Gul from Infector's pack about 2 hours in, then Ohm from a random finger mage or doom knight at about 9 hours. Then a long spell of no qualifiers until de Seis' pack dropped a Mal at about 18 hours...
As I ran CS, it seems appropriate to do the Diablo haulpic thing...I couldn't decide which I liked better, so I'm attaching both:
View attachment 14063
View attachment 14064

Sorry for the delay in posting...I didn't get back from vacation until early Tuesday morning, worked Tuesday, came home to find the power out (didn't come back on until after I went to bed), then found Wednesday after work that the power supply in my PC was dead, so I couldn't get online until this evening after installing a new one...

WoRG

Any insta-death scares or advice for HC build? I'd be tempted to try this, as sorc is kinda slow in CS.

Did you have your other characters in CS during the runes or in town?

GridGod didn't win? The times have changed indeed... :p

Congrats to all! It's still super fun to look at all the drops.

Look, it's Nulio!
NULIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

@pharphis no real insta-death scares, though de Seis could occasionally be hairy (tho that depended on the map as much as his mods...if it was one of the straighter maps that allowed long-range bombardment, he just died...;)) She really was quite safe, and I didn't even have D/A/E (so, also no Valk), which would up safety even more. I also ran with no merc (I didn't want to replace her barb merc, who is quite useful elsewhere, but just insta-gibbs himself in CS due to IM)... a rogue or act3 guy might help a bit.

I left the game host in act1, and the sorc in town in ActIV after teleblitzing thru RoF and portaling in CS (I did this because I found running thru RoF much more dangerous...with random maps, it was all too easy to get trapped and swarmed in dead ends, and the right bosspack of Abyss Knights can be REALLY deadly!) The three partied toons went into the portal to CS as soon as I cleared it, and stayed there for the rest of the run, upping drop odds by the equivalent of 2 non-partied players each! (Not sure if the two other nonpartied players help any, but if so, then it would be the equivalent of /p9 drops :p)

WoRG

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High