2017 Autumn MFO Sign-up and Running Thread

After finding my WWS, I decided to stop the pits for a bit, and go visit Countess for a Pul. I realize Countess isn't part of MFO, but I just had to share my luck... Here's what I've found.

View attachment 6702
For those who didn't memorize what all the runes look like... That's all the runes possible from Countess' special rune drops. EXCEPT FOR THE PUL! >=(

You mean triple durability rares? No it's not. Only pics of actual qualifiers aren't allowed afaik.

It's annoying to see all those TC87 bases in the wrong color so I've been trying to squeeze more MF into the build.

Replaced viper, mara, and arachnid by 3-part tal's and maintained 105 FCR by swapping chance guards and a nagel with trang's claws and a FCR/MF/stuff rare ring.

But here's the weird thing, I've tried running a 63 FCR setup and run times aren't slower at all, in fact, they seem to be lower.

My best guess is that at higher teleport speeds I make more mistakes with positioning and my blizzard aim is worse. Altogether, I might have overestimated FCR for AT runs.

To keep things shiny, here are some non-qualifiers and items which dropped the day and two days before the beginning of the MFO :)

View attachment 6704

Yes, no problem showing any drops outside of elite S/Us. Be it a magic sacred armor or a readout of a double dura rare unearthed wand. (I.e. failed set).

How are others doing? Managed to run about 3-4 hours myself already, so that's above expectations! Couple ok non-qualifiers so far, I'll post about those later.

How are others doing? Managed to run about 3-4 hours myself already, so that's above expectations! Couple ok non-qualifiers so far, I'll post about those later.

Only some low qualifiers so far. But I just found out that all the champs/bosses drops are unaffected by player count. I had been running on /p7 because that's what I usually do in there for leveling. Must be why I've always had such "crap luck" in AT. It did help get me the Ber rune so I can't complain really, not to mention some tasty socketables, but now that I finished out L92, I'm dropping to /p1 for a while to go strictly for items. At some point I'll bump up to /p3 or higher because I do want to get L93 before the tourney is over.

I'm dropping to /p1 for a while to go strictly for items. At some point I'll bump up to /p3 or higher because I do want to get L93 before the tourney is over.

It took me just under 400 AT runs to L91 - L92. It'll be double the required runs for each level beyond that?

Pretty much. If you're on /p1 and switch to /p3 it will take roughly the same number (double exp but you will kill a few less minions, maybe, and runs take longer but not twice as long) so for MFO /p1 is always ideal but if you really want to lvl p3 is often fine.

Sent my top five and scores from the first three days to zemaj.

Interesting to hear how tough the competition is up there at the front row. I'm suspecting to be more somewhere in the middle group.

I also have a feeling Tyrael's may have dropped already. Maybe one of those who have remained silent so far, or maybe T72on1 who talked about getting a grailer...

Who knows ... ;).

I haven't gotten time to play beyond those initial 2 hours, but they were definitely a good start. I'm starting another 2 - 3 hours now, and tomorrow I should be able to get in 4 hours, maybe even more.

Good luck everyone !!!

Interesting to hear how tough the competition is up there at the front row. I'm suspecting to be more somewhere in the middle group.

I'm just hoping I'm not last. 2 hours were a good start for T72? What is a "good start?" Good lord, I'm gonna lose majorly. I did however just find a Mara's, only a 22@ but I think the first Mara's I've found in years, so that's neat.

Good start is a relative term, it just means I'm happy with it. Not necessarily what's good for someone else :). To give you some insight, without too much of spoilers, I found 5 qualifiers in that 2 hours, which I found nice. But maybe in fact that is a low number. And in the end it's not quantity that counts, but quality. You can find a gigantic amount of qualifiers, but it's those 9+ pointers where it's at.

I only have 6 qualifiers in like, maybe 8 hours? But the majority of that was on /p7 so that is a large reason why. Still, not good. But at least I do have a good start on finding HRs... What the heck is going on LOL:

wLAoCuT.jpg

I'm supervising Pindle and Baal, zemaj is supervising alvl85. Yes, by the end of those dates you should send an update to your supervisor. Use the same format as in the final update: top five with scores and a total score.

You might want to update the OP to let everyone know that @zemaj is supervising alvl85. Otherwise it's likely people missed this post of yours and you'll get some spoilers on scores on the go :).

Sending in my first update now. Quantity of qualifiers has been really good, hopefully quality will follow soon. Or has it already done that, and am I only complaining because complaining always helps?

Only had about 4-5 hours to play so far but I've tried to be as efficient as possible with my time and the drops are fairly decent so far. A bit dry at first but this morning produced well.

Some runes:
EUeH8RF.jpg

LTGSKEs.jpg

gPj8vUe.jpg

And the obligatory trolls:
Penxqurg.jpg

WFHBlM4.jpg

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High