2017 Autumn MFO Sign-up and Running Thread

Update sent -- running a Pit Zerker. It turns out I was in the middle of rolling for a better map the last time I played him more than a year ago. I managed a little less than 7 hours so far, with first 30 minutes remembering how to play this build.:rolleyes:

Doubt I'll be able to hit 10 hours total due to being away next weekend. I rerolled maps every so often and have one now that's okay, I think. Nice quantity of qualifiers under the circumstances. I had hoped that he would also hit level 92 during MFO and he was on track, but it won't happen due to a really dumb death shortly before wrapping up for the evening.

Good luck everyone!

Am out of town, so will not be able to send in any updates through Wednesday, not that there's anything to send in so far... and I have played some. My character is just... that... bad...

@DiabloTwoinDC

Am I missing something? Because you're not supposed to post qualifiers during the MFO. (Or is my monitor displaying colors incorrectly and that was a near miss?)

Update sent to @zemaj.

Not many finds so far, due to spending majority of my time on Countess after my WWS find. After 1 Ist, 2Mals, 1 Um, 2 Lem, 1 Fal, 2 Lem, 8 Lums, and many more lower runes... In the end though,
View attachment 6721
I finally got my Pul!

This is the result.

Witchwild String
Diamond Bow
Two Hand Damage: 88 - 115
Durability: 25 of 40
Required Level: 61
Required Strength: 89
Required Dexterity: 132
Fingerprint: 0x4653613f
Item Level: 88
Version: Expansion 1.10+
2% Chance to cast level 5 Amplify Damage on striking
+35% Increased Attack Speed
Fires Magic Arrows
167% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Maximum Damage
87% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
All Resistances +40
Required Level +7 2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Shael Rune
Socketed: Carmine Jewel of Fervor (9max/15ias)

It finally lets me run the Pits on higher player settings; but interestingly, the Harmony seems faster on /p1. I guess it's cause the monster health is low enough that the monster die before proccing Amp with WWS. I finally have a tolerable clear speed on /p3 in Pits so the coming few days should should show much better result.

Some useful finds so far...
Ruby Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0xdecf1d6a
Item Level: 79
+3% Faster Run/Walk
Fire Resist +11%

Steel Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x1f55ce11
Item Level: 85
+29 to Attack Rating
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Sapphire Jewel of Carnage
Jewel
Required Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0xe5e71ed0
+15 to Maximum Damage
Cold Resist +27%

Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x3f65f533
Item Level: 59
+180 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+17 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Chilling Grand Charm of Greed
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xa94c7675
+1 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)
23% Extra Gold from Monsters

Hexing Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x81e1e7b8
+1 to Curses (Necromancer only
* does anyone ever use curse skiller??

Shogukusha's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xf616b627
+1 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)

Cruel Grip
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 71
Durability: 5 of 12
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0x5e5c4da0
Item Level: 82
+20% Increased Attack Speed
+14% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +20%
Fire Resist +20%
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
18% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
* I really like this one. But atm I don't need the ias and need the knockback on my current gloves. =P

EDIT: I'll update this, cause double post.

Just found this. How awesome is it that I find this on self-found Bowazon =D
View attachment 6722
Shadow Shell
Tiara
Defense: 98
Durability: 13 of 25
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x6473903f
Item Level: 88
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
+30% Faster Run/Walk
7% Mana stolen per hit
+93% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +20
Damage Reduced by 3

Last edited:
I thought this weekend was clear, but just when you think there will be time, real life kicks in. My Amazon still had to complete Act 5 in order to run Baal obviously, and the couple hours I had this evening I did that so I don’t really have any progress to send in at this point. Hopefully this week I can get some evenings this week to devote to learning how to run Baal effectively and get some qualifiers to at least post a score at the end.

Honestly I don’t really like the Amazon all that well, but maybe once I can get in a grove with Baal I may change my mind. It really only takes one good string of luck to get a decent score, but over all the years Baal has never been kind to me. Or his minions.

@Gynli That Tiara is awesome !!!

Did I say something about complaining in my last post? Seems it doesn't always help :(. I mean, you know there's going to be some trolling from the drops gods involved, but finding 4 Diadems with none of them golden, 2 yellow Legend Spikes, and then

View attachment 6723

and

View attachment 6724

in consecutive runs, all of this in some 80 minutes ... Pff.

Hopefully things will improve after a short break. On the brighter side I dinged 88, and also found this one, which will most likely never be used, but still is quite stylish in my opinion:

View attachment 6725

Noobish question...

Is sending a PM, technically "starting a conversation". If so, did you receive my results Grape?

If PMing is something different, please let me know what to do. The interface has changed a bit since I was here last and we use to just email results back then...

Update sent to @zemaj.

Nothing great yet, but I did find a Sur which improved things.

Edit: @EatSleepDiablov2 : Yes. You probably remember previous iterations of this forum SW when we had a limit of 10 PMs, including replies... Hence the reasons for the email :)

That weekend was a GRIND... results sent to @Grape :oops: .. and then sent to @zemaj.

Haven't been able to get much time in during the days. Having a 1yr old around doesn't help. So, I've been cramming all my MFO in after her bedtime, 7:30. Trying to get everything done in one massive session is killing my wrist. :( But, I keep telling my wife, "this is the Olympics, TRUE athletes push through the pain!" :p

I have two hours or so to play this afternoon, will send update after that.

E: Update sent.

Trolls from this afternoon:
TYBzCC7.jpg

u2Kwoa1.jpg

Highest rune so far:
k3zwWso.jpg

Last edited:
Just to spite you it will generate a set unearthed wand, which will cause a crash to desktop when you touch it LOL

RNG doesn't really troll until your Pit Zerker kills a boss and horks the corpse, and Alt reveals golden chain gloves and blue unearthed wand . . . :rolleyes:

@zemaj Thanks for supervising!

Once I returned to the Pits, I started getting some decent drops here and there. Upped WWS is finally paying off. Funny thing about D2, I got my first Pul when i decided I'd have better luck looking for the 3rd Lem, or the 3rd Fal, or the 3rd Ko lol. Now that I longer need it, I ended up with 2 extra Puls from today's runs. lol

So let me just say... I really really don't need that Hydra bow. My upped WWS is good enuf. =P

Oh and good luck to everyone for the rest of the week!

Just got the go ahead from my girl for tonight and I'm off tomorrow, hopefully.
Looking at you:
Astreon's Iron Ward: 27.8
Mang Song's Lesson: 27.8
Death's Web: 27.9
Tyrael's Might: 48.2

@T72on1 thats an awesome armour. Upp it to Great Hauberk for the merc and get crazy defense. I use one on my Trapper's companion that runs the WSK. Great resists, massive defense and CBF. All good.

@DaveW Hmm, maybe it is.

@zemaj Thanks for the update. Disappointing placement for me, as usual, although at that point I had only played for some 4 - 4.5 hours. Hopefully I'll be able to improve on it, but yesterday's session, when I managed to double the amount of hours spent, don't bode too well. Only got an upgrade for the items in my top 5 in the very last minutes of it.

Including the short session during my lunch break today, I have now found 33 qualifiers in some 10 hours time. Anybody care to share their ratio? I have the impression that the amount of qualifiers found so far isn't the problem, but the quantity quality is.

O yes, during today's short session I did manage to find a grailer !! Non-qualifier grailer though, Greyform. I have only 6 of those left: Biggin's Bonnet, The Gnasher, The Redeemer, SoJ, Wisp Projector and Metalgrid. The other 15 items I still need are either qualifiers or cow king set items, which can't drop during this MFO obviously.

Good luck everyone. I'll mainly be running during Friday, when I have a day off from work. Hopefully also a bit on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday evening, and certainly not on Friday and Saturday evening.

Last edited:
I have the impression that the amount of qualifiers found so far isn't the problem, but the quantity is.

My problem is EXACTLY the opposite. I've found an abundance of qualifiers, but the number of qualifiers I've found is still low.. :p

Edit: And, as far as ratio. High pointers:Low pointers? Approx 1:9 ratio for my top 5:total qualifiers. ;)

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High