2017 Autumn MFO Sign-up and Running Thread

@DiabloTwoinDC

I don't have a set goal in terms of number of runs; but I do in terms of items. My participating char just hit Hell with sub-par gear, so the current run-time is slow at best. I actually opted to hit NM meph for today before returning to The Pits. Eventually, I'm hoping for the typical mf gear like chancies, war travs, and shako and skullders. I do have all of this week to play, so I'm looking forward to some sweet upgrades. =D

EDIT : Oh and of course, the unique hydra bow . lol

@Shask

I'm 99.9% sure we only count the ones in the list. I do not know how these points came to be what they are and how these items were selected out of them all, but I'm guessing it's just from the drop rates. Also, I think I saw some class specific sets in there too. =P

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant uniques+sets.

Looking back at the results of previous MFOs, I can see that it seems to be definitely just the items in the spreadsheets. But it would be nice to have a confirmation of that.

Yes, only the ones from the spreadsheets, which are the elite uniques and sets. The score is based on how rare they are, compared to the most common elite item: IK Maul.

My goals, in order of importance:

1) have some fun
2) find some grailers (most wanted ones: Death's Web, Griffon's and CoA, but non-qualifiers like SoJ and TC3s are also welcome)
3) win the damn thing (not likely, but one can hope)

I already achieved 1) and 2) so far, so I'm fine :).

Really happy to finally properly participate in a MFO. Good luck to everyone!

For better or worse, I've stuck with my current AT map. I doubt I'd find a better one in time for the MFO and wasting time re-rolling instead of grinding would be really bad.

This is probably the best I can do, all things considering.
View attachment 6692
The map has good density: 6 packs on average, but they are spread quite far forcing me into 105 FCR and costing time, MF, and efficiency. I doubt that will play a major role though as my total playing time will hardly top 2h per day so I'll try to make the most of them.

And here's an unexpected grailer :)
View attachment 6691

Few goals for myself:
Items: Tal's Armor, Death's Fathom, Nightwing's, runes Sur+, Vipermagi (still don't have this lol), Cold Skillers, Eth 4 socket Thresher/GT, Eth AP to bug for 4 sockets, anything 10+ score
Misc: clvl 93, improved AT run speed

Another gem I wasted precious seconds to PU and ID:
Code:
Viper Rend
Giant Axe
Two-Hand Damage: 125 to 235
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Strength: 60
Required Level: 48
Axe Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x7108453d
+251% Enhanced Damage
+68 to Attack Rating
+10 to Minimum Damage
Adds 1-92 lightning damage
20% Increased Attack Speed
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)
That is some tasty damage on a NORMAL axe.. I sometimes take a peek at rares to see if they're ethereal, and then ID. Could get a monster rare with self-repair. :rolleyes:

Curious as to why we don't have a tag for the finds? Couldn't someone just post finds from before the tournament..?

@EatSleepDiablov2

Cool 4 hrs of pindle =P. Do u focus purely on the game or do u have something on the side to watch??

@Yng

Simple, honour system. As is with anything on this forum. =)
Out of curiosity though, how would you tag an item for a specific event?

EDIT : honourary system -> honor system

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I just cannot find the time to participate. Good luck to all the competitors!

@EatSleepDiablov2

Cool 4 hrs of pindle =P. Do u focus purely on the game or do u have something on the side to watch??

@Yng

Simple, honour system. As is with anything on this forum. =)
Out of curiosity though, how would you tag an item for a specific event?

EDIT : honourary system -> honor system

Ok, not questioning anyone's integrity, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. It would suck to get a good drop and not know you need a tag.

By tag I meant like an ID that wouldn't be released until the tournament started. Ex: ID for this tournament is: 46781, so you had to type 46781 and screenshot the drop on the ground or something similar .

I have to admit, most of my curiosity about what items qualify is because of some of the (non-qualifying) drops I've gotten.

I could have been fairly well off after just an hour and a half:

Code:
Arctic Furs
Quilted Armor
Defense: 46
Durability: 10 of 20
Required Level: 2
Required Strength: 12
Fingerprint: 0x4ab4d842
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+289% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +10
Set (2 items): +225 Defense (Based on Character Level)
Set (3 items): Cold Resist +15%

Skull Collector
Rune Staff
Two Hand Damage: 24 - 58
Durability: 40 of 50
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0xe0d1aada
Item Level: 87
Unidentified
+2 to All Skills
Increase Maximum Mana 20%
+20 to Mana after each Kill
75% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level) 

Metalgrid
Amulet
Required Level: 81
Fingerprint: 0xaf150040
Item Level: 88
Unidentified
+441 to Attack Rating
+349 Defense
All Resistances +31
Level 22 Iron Golem (3/11 Charges)
Level 12 Iron Maiden (4/20 Charges)

@Yng

Thats actually a neat idea. Not that ppl lie for a chance at winning the MFO; itd be nice to look back down the road and say 'oh ye i got this from that MFO few years back'. I actually might start doing that with todays date above my char. =P

Minor status update.
Clear speed picked up quite a bit after razortail dropped. Im still looking for a weapon upgrace - currently using harmony in diamond bow. Drops have been nice so far between war travs and razor tail and etc. Looks promising so far. =)

@Gynli

I generally listen to news or music. Multi-tasking beyond that usually causes problems for me.

Re: drops. Thought this was interesting, although I haven't rolled an assassin in years:

Code:
Bitter Veil
Tiara
Defense: 80
Durability: 22 of 25
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x92072cf4
Item Level: 86
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
+30% Faster Run/Walk
5% Bonus to Attack Rating