2017 Autumn MFO Sign-up and Running Thread

Awesome work everyone!

@darkstarhub sorry I missed your earlier post, yep you sent your results to a right guy :) any final updates?

Baal and Pindle is about ready otherwise, thanks for sending me your results.

I want to already give Big thanks to @zemaj for supervising the most crowded category! I'll add my own results myself once you're ready.

Real life got in to a way big time, sorry for not being available so much!

@Grape Yes I managed to get some upgrades. I will PM you when I get home from work. I meant to bring the paper I wrote it down on to work but I forgot to bring it. I am sure it’s not going to put me on top, but I did have fun even though my luck continues to suck. One things for sure, if we ever do another WSK tournament I have character that can do it very well.

Well, I passed out slumped over my keyboard last night, so I feel like I put in a solid effort. Too bad Baal+waves drop so poorly, comparatively...

I'll send results this evening and ill start working on final standings

REMINDER: all final scores need GoMule/ATMA read outs!

10ish hours have already passed, and there isn't a results thread yet? Man, things sure were better in the good old days when that guy was in charge, forget his name..

REMINDER: all final scores need GoMule/ATMA read outs!

Sorry, I forgot about the readouts to send to you. Already prepared them for my post once the results are up, so I will copy / past them now and send them to you.

I got here just in time to see the results I see!

It's great to see so many familiar "faces" in this thread, almost made me want to install D2 again. (Blizzard just release D2 HD allowing us to keep all our SP loot!)

Any interest in having an MFO tourney after the first of the year with five targets, involving the following possibles: Pindle, Baal, Pit, AT, Cows, LK, Trav, TC3s, Meph, etc.? Contestants would vote on which five, with majority rule.

Set aside ten day periods in each month (each contestant decides start/ending dates as long as the days are consecutive).

We could play it straight or mix it up by requiring a different class for each target? Whirling assasins in Trav, Windy's in pits, etc.

I would organize and host. Let me know if this is something workable...

Any interest in having an MFO tourney after the first of the year with five targets, involving the following possibles: Pindle, Baal, Pit, AT, Cows, LK, Trav, TC3s, Meph, etc.? Contestants would vote on which five, with majority rule.

Set aside ten day periods in each month (each contestant decides start/ending dates as long as the days are consecutive).

We could play it straight or mix it up by requiring a different class for each target? Whirling assasins in Trav, Windy's in pits, etc.

I would organize and host. Let me know if this is something workable...

During this MFO I had thought also of the idea of a multi-area tournament. The big drawback I can see is time. I spent a ton of time on MFO and some others did also, I wonder if we could limit this one to a certain amount of hours and/or runs, and you hit the wall at whichever one you hit first. Like for something like Ancient Tunnels if it was 10 hours or 750? runs, whichever comes first for you. That's just an example. And that would be one week's worth of the multi-stage tourney.

Sounds like a plan. Not only the tournament, but also @Locohead 's suggestion. Although at the end of this MFO I swore to myself not to do a tournament again, because they are only a source of frustration for me in the end. I bet by the time this would launch, I will have already forgotten about that though.

5 targets? TC3s for sure, they rock !!! Other than that Cows, Pit, Trav and Meph for most versatility? The difficulty would probably be that not everything can drop from all those sources, so not sure if scoring system like we have it now would work.

I like capping the number of hours. Participants could then decide how best to manage the time.

Scoring sheets would be a challenge, particularly for TC3s. BishBosh, v Normal Andy vs NM Andy etc. We could use the item level of the drop at ATMA to score it. Therefore points for Pluckeye from NM Andy would be different from Blood Raven, etc.

Here's my paltry Rune drops: (map seed definitely favored Dol and Hel..)
Code:
27 - Amn
16 - Sol
9 - Shael
22 - Dol
12 - Hel
5 - Io
4 - Lum
7 - Ko
4 - Fal
1 - Lem

1 - Mal

2 - Gul

Were the MFO results posted somewhere and I missed them?

And D2inDC - yeah the runes weren't too kind to you. I managed 1 each of Ber, Sur, Vex, Gul, Mal and Um.

Last edited:
Curious for the results as well. And if you think those rune drops were paltry ... I got 1 Pul, 1 Fal, 1 Ko, 4x Lum and then the lower ones. And even those at a far lower amount than DiabloTwoinDC. But I'll do the ranting in my overview post once the results are there :(.

Oof. RL hit me hard it seems, and I didn't get the chance to run at all. Looking forward to the result from those that did though, always fun!

Hi guys, just got home from work.

I'll put the results thread up tonight but be easy to your F5s :D

And sorry again for this little delay, my life is really hectic right now.

Edit, @zemaj could you send me the alvl results. I'm sure there's ppl still missing and many forgot the readouts but let's add them afterwards. As far as top places go, it should be ready, no? I'll add my own final score myself :)

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High