2017 Autumn MFO Sign-up and Running Thread

@EatSleepDiablov2 your Cathans collection is cool and all, but isn't going to help you much, while I have found 4 Ali Babas so far and put them to good use (2 for each hand), so you better watch out :)

3 or 4 Ali Baba's here as well. And disappointement about my placement, considering I have spent about twice as much time as I normally could / should.

Here's hoping for the final push this evening, but not counting on much.

@DiabloTwoinDC it's just how RNG works. I've seen at least a dozen sacred armors, dimensional shards, coronas, unearthed wands, archons staffs drop in the wrong color.. but I just say: "every blue/yellow one that drops brings me a little closer to gold".

I'm too busy with RL today so I doubt I'll have much time to improve my score which means those still grinding today could easily climb up the ladder with a bit of luck.

@DiabloTwoinDC it's just how RNG works. I've seen at least a dozen sacred armors, dimensional shards, coronas, unearthed wands, archons staffs drop in the wrong color.. but I just say: "every blue/yellow one that drops brings me a little closer to gold".

I tell myself the exact same thing.. although I know it's not true. :(

Statistically, I'm no better off on run 2000, after finding 6th Unearthed Wand, than I am on run #1. :(

My brother used to do this at Roulette. He would watch the table and wait for red or black to hit 4 times in a row, then bet the opposite. "It can't hit 5 times, or 6 times in a row." It sure can, odds are the same as square one.

Going to put a few more hours in tonight then send final results, big drops or bust.

Squeezed in a couple more uneventful runs before midnight, finished the run video upload (which I'll release after the results because it contains a qualifier), and preping the readouts for the top 5..

I'd like to thank @Grape for being our host, and @zemaj for stepping up as an area 85 supervisor!

Looking forward to seeing what everyone had found (also hoping no one manages/d to beat my score :p).

Final result sent to @zemaj.

I was able to update one of my top 5 since Friday's result, which was nice. This was my first MFO and I was no where near prepared when it started, but I'm glad I joined. =) Much thanks to @Grape for hosting and @zemaj for volunteering to supervise lvl85 area.

2 upgrades in the final 2-3 hours but nothing major, unfortunately.

E: final score sent, thanks to organizer/mediators. 1200~ runs total with a 1 month old Sorceress, got some very good upgrades for near future CS runs. I also got within 70~ runs of my XP goal of clvl 93.

Last edited:
Ended up having time for one big final push today, which yielded nothing for top 5. Last big find occurred last night, during some runs I only did out of spite, after finding out I was still in 8th and getting ready to quit. Weird. Like the game teased me to keep going.

Spent way too much time running this tourney but came out with some good stuff. Also leveled from Level 91.25 - 93.7 or so. Had wanted to push all the way to L94 but this weekend did not allow it. Not sure of the amount of runs I did... 1300+ I think. I'm curious to run theoretical numbers to see what the mean & median scores would be for that many runs with ~485 MF.

Last edited:
Hopefully as I put together haul pics, I'll start to feel better. But, I'm kinda disappointed based on how much time I invested: 40+ hrs, 2500 runs and lvl 91-94+. This was a Herculean effort for me, while still working a full time job, watching an 18 mo. old, and falling I'll after the first 3 days.. :(

Results started off very good, but only managed a couple of small upgrades mon-thur. And, the big final push yielded a whopping 0.7 point improvement. :(

Those boots were with me the whole way though. They finally gave in with >100 runs to go. ;)

Results sent. Made a bit of improvement on Friday, but was ill last night so no running. That last minute DWeb remains unfound.

@Locohead it will be interesting to compare results once they are published.

I've raked in about 2900 runs in the end, there was no time to make it to a nice round 3k. Total run time was approximately 30-32 hours which includes muling, as well as tweaking and testing gear setups.

Edit: @DiabloTwoinDC MVP boots :)

Last edited:
DiabloTwoinDC RNG is ridiculous. Seems like I'd go huge stretches with nothing, then the top 5 items came at me in the short stretches or when I least expected. Now I'm going to finish L94 so we'll see if any insane items drop now post-MFO.

Albatross I spent too much time doing side stuff like rolling crafting amulets and similar. Eventually I stopped and just shifted materials to stashes but I still never managed to stop myself from picking up things like magical rings and amulets lol. I still don't see how you can have a 35 second run time. Even having Harmony on my switch and a short teleport, I couldn't get near that. I was lucky to have 1 minute runs. If I do it next time I'll have stronger merc gear, maybe give up on blizzard because it's just too spotty, maybe even just go to a pit barb. Find Item seems too tempting...

I didn't get any more playtime before leaving town, so last update was my final score. Good job everyone, looking forward to seeing your hauls. Thanks also to @Grape for hosting and @zemaj for hosting.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High