2017 Autumn MFO Sign-up and Running Thread

Remember to make/update (and link to) your trading profiles before this starts.

Note: your category isn't final until signups close and the MFO starts.

Signed up! Just managed to make my first ever guardian; Gray, the Bone Necromancer, so lets put him to use :D A85

Welcome! Also congrats on guardian, nice achievement :) Stay safe and don't deed it before MFO!

I am actually thinking about Pindle. The last time I put serious miles on him is here. My stashes are still pretty bare from my restart and I never minded the tedium in running him. I still have a couple weeks to decide so no commitment yet...

Repeating that performance with Pindle and you'd be quite close to the victory in the Pindle category, I'm sure!

Reforming the old team! Anyone who doesn't mind being in the lowest average group can apply... I'll start drafting as necessary :D

Also, available for supervisor (prefer alvl85 or Pindle, if possible)

Yay for showing an example and kick starting the teams already! I'll let you do drafting but I'm definitely available ;)

Also, thanks for volunteering. Now you're the official alvl 85 supervisor!

I can take the rest two until someone really wants to have Baal or Pindle.

Just linking to the trading profile.

Please note your version/mod status.

-------------------
Baal
-------------------
zemaj [1.13d SC FAM]

-------------------
Level 85 Areas
-------------------
Grape [1.13d SC FAM]
Noodle [1.13d SC FAM]
DiabloTwoinDC [1.13 SC FAM]
T72on1 [1.13d SC FAM]
NanoMist [1.14d SC FAM]
ffs [1.14b SC FAM]
Arranj [1.14d HC FAM]
Albatross [1.14d SC FAM]

-------------------
Pindle+
-------------------

-------------------
Teams
-------------------
Bottom Tier - zemaj(Baal)

--------------------
Available for teams
--------------------
Grape
T72on1
NanoMist
ffs

Oh it's time. Will try to get my barb up and running before it starts, but if not I'll just use my sorc to plow through Pindle and take victory by default as a result of being the only person in that category. @Fabian AOYUT? Make it happen.

LC,

Get jimsfriend back here to participate and we'll talk. Can't let the old team down of course.

Also linking trading profile.

-------------------
Baal
-------------------
zemaj [1.13d SC FAM]

-------------------
Level 85 Areas
-------------------
Grape [1.13d SC FAM]
Noodle [1.13d SC FAM]
T72on1 [1.13d SC FAM]
NanoMist [1.14d SC FAM]
ffs [1.14b SC FAM]
Arranj [1.14d HC FAM]
Albatross [1.14d SC FAM]

-------------------
Pindle+
-------------------

-------------------
Teams
-------------------

--------------------
Available for teams
--------------------
Grape
T72on1
NanoMist
ffs

Ventisca (lvl 76) reached Ancient Tunnels tonight. Is there something I should be looking for? I think her map is pretty decent? Tunnels are ~7 tele away from waypoint. And, I'm seeing 5-6 boss packs in a curved route to the super chest. There has been a Champion pack floating around in the middle-right side of the map, but should I even bother with them? She drops everything pretty quickly at p3, should I just up her MF at this point?

@DiabloTwoinDC some maps are like next to the WP, but if that map of yours has it closer to 6 than 5 boss packs you might be good to go.

Only way to really know your efficiency is counting your average boss packs and see your average running time over a little longer period. Running time will go lower and lower the better you know your map and the more you have experience playing a Blizz Sorc this way. It's quite steep curve actually. But yes, more MF is most likely better at this point. Also don't keep it at p3 when seriously MF running, p1 is the way to go. P3 could be ok to have for a while so you'll lvl up faster.

After some running and leveling you could start checking your running times. Not sure what would be a good benchmark, maybe 45 seconds? Depends on map ofc. But if it still takes more than one minute to clear your map from bosses after running it for a while, you should consider changing the map.

You can check the Hall of Records thread for some Blizz Sorc examples. They have their boss pack numbers, running times and MF listed there. Do remember that those are achieved after playing A LOT.

@pharphis time to sign up already! Gotta get that Lightsabre count up!

#pharblade

You still have your FoHer right? Or what about that Fire Druid, those are really safe and good at AT, I've tried myself.

I do, though since I killed a sorc last MFO I'll have to forward another 1.07 shako...
and last time I tried to open D2 I think I mixed up the versions or something and all my patches got jumbled (probably because my saves are sync'd between PCs but not all files)

oops. I've been too busy to fix things or even look at it

Okay, hopefully that won't be a problem to fix!

What's everyone going to run with? Any goals?

I think I'll run with my Singer and Poison Nec. Goals? I don't really know yet. Would be fun to find an eth grailer or two, it has been long since I've found any new ones.

I'm still undecided. I planned to run with my untwinked 99er Sorc but would do that on /p8 which is obviously not the most efficient. Same for Pits Java or PNec, and not feeling like AT Sorc.

I guess either untwinked 99er, Pit Singer or some kind of Druid, I never really pushed one of those so that would be interesting for me I think, while still reasonably efficient.

Goal of course is Tyrael's and to a much lesser extent Stormlash. Astreon's and Mang Song's are the other missing grailers I think but don't really care too much about them.

Hi, my favourite part about MFO was always the 'haul pics'!
Will try my own luck for the first time.
Planning to run pindleskin hoping to get death's cleaver with my berserk barb. Currently he is using razors edge :)

-------------------
Baal
-------------------
zemaj [1.13d SC FAM]

-------------------
Level 85 Areas
-------------------
Grape [1.13d SC FAM]
Noodle [1.13d SC FAM]
T72on1 [1.13d SC FAM]
NanoMist [1.14d SC FAM]
ffs [1.14b SC FAM]
Arranj [1.14d HC FAM]
Albatross [1.14d SC FAM]

-------------------
Pindle+
-------------------
Agguh [1.14d HC]

-------------------
Teams
-------------------

--------------------
Available for teams
--------------------
Grape
T72on1
NanoMist
ffs

@zemaj a ring frozzzen would like to lend... now I kinda want to see that one!

Maybe he still lurks and seeing an MFO thread could have him log in *hopes*

Or more likely there's someone here who can contact somewhere else.

Fabian playing?
OkcF9HF.gif

My SC Sorc is officially at Hell AT now (albeit with ~750 HP, negative resistances across the board, and a Scythe Insight on Merc LOL). We have a long way to go but at least I can signup.

-------------------
Baal
-------------------
zemaj [1.13d SC FAM]

-------------------
Level 85 Areas
-------------------
Grape [1.13d SC FAM]
Noodle [1.13d SC FAM]
T72on1 [1.13d SC FAM]
NanoMist [1.14d SC FAM]
ffs [1.14b SC FAM]
Arranj [1.14d HC FAM]
Albatross [1.14d SC FAM]
Yng [1.14d SC FAM]

-------------------
Pindle+
-------------------
Agguh [1.14d HC]

-------------------
Teams
-------------------

--------------------
Available for teams
--------------------
Grape
T72on1
NanoMist
ffs

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High