1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

That's *very* interesting. Do you have ilvl for the low maxlvl charms?

If I succesfully craft an item with 511%ed or greater such that the damage gets truncated to 511% and then add Ohm as a socket, does it go to 561% or does it stay at 511%? (The same question applies for %ed jewels, but I would hope the answer is the same).

@Fruit tested this: If you socket Ohm into a 511%ED craft, it does indeed add to 561%ED, as would any +%ED from jewels

Code:
Grand Charms:
                 alvl  maxlvl rlvl   min+  max+
  of Craftsman.     1     7      1     1     2
  of Craftsman.     8    14      6     3     5
  of Craftsman.    15           11     6     8
  of Quality       23    29     17     9    11
  of Quality       30           22    12    14
  of Maiming       37    44     29    15    17
  of Maiming       45           37    18    20

Large Charms:
  of Craftsman.     8    17      6     1     2
  of Craftsman.    18           13     3     4
  of Quality       28    37     21     5     7
  of Quality       38           30     8     9
  of Maiming       48           40     10   12
I'm not sure here if maxlevel=ilvl or if it=alvl (which would be the same on Grand Charms (qlvl1), but would be +7 on Large Charms (qlvl14)...I think it would be the latter...)

WoRG

Reactions: entwilighter
Some questions regarding the cube/crafting in 1.07-1.10a for those who currently have them installed:
  • Does Larzuk still give 3os to Crafts in 1.08?
  • Does 1.08 still allow ANY weapon (i.e. any quality/type) as input for crafts?
  • Do the Resist Ring, Prismatic Amulet, 3 Amu/Ring to Ring/Amu require magic quality input or do other qualities work in 1.07-1.08?
  • Does the 1.07/1.08 chipped gem Long Sword recipe actually spawn 3os on the sword?
  • Does the 1.07/1.08 Shield of Spikes recipe spawn 1os on the shield?
  • Does the 1.07/1.08 Sword of the Leech recipe spawn 1os on the sword?
  • Can the 3 Chippy Sword recipe in 1.09 spawn more than 3os? The cubemain.txt says 6os but according to the PK this gets capped to 3 by the code.
  • Is there something wrong with the armor/weapon repair recipes in 1.10a and 1.10s? (maybe they don't repair at all?)
I'm making a compilation of recipes/crafts over the patches and I'd like to get it right but currently only have 1.14d installed. Any answers to these questions would be appreciated ;)

Reactions: entwilighter
Answers:
  • No, Larzuk only punches 1 hole in Crafts (and only 1-2 in Blues) in 1.08 :cry:
  • Yes, ANYTHING equipable as a weapon can be used as input for the Weapon crafts in 1.07/1.08
  • Magic only for the ring and amulet recipies
  • Yes, the 3 chippie recipe spawns 3os...but alway gives a magic Long Sword (any kind of sword can be used as input) in 1.07/1.08
  • Yes, the 1.07/1.08 Shield of Spikes recipe spawns 1os on the shield
  • Yes, the 1.07/1.08 Sword of the Leech recipe spawns 1os on the Long Sword (any magic sword can be used, always gives a Long Sword...shame about that, as (in 1.07 at least) it can give up to 9%LL as an automod (that has no rlvl!) and can stack that with affix LL)
  • No, the 1.09 3 chippie sword recipe never gives more than 3os
  • Ummm...dunno, don't think I ever tried the repair recipes in 1.10a/s...
I'd further note that in 1.07/1.08, the 3 socketing recipies are the ONLY way to get a socketed item from the cube...there is a bug that causes socket affixes (Mechanic's, Artisan's, Jeweler's) spawned by cubing to NOT actually spawn sockets on the item (which in 1.07 at least can lead to funny things like rolling a Mechanic's item, getting Larzuk to socket it (he can, as it has no sockets!) and getting 4os on it for a Mechanic's item w/4sox (or a Jeweler's with just 1))

Edit: To note another odd thing about crafted items in 1.07/1.08...they can be imbued. No, this won't produce 'supercharged' items, as the current properties will be wiped when you do, but its an oddity to note, just in case you ever felt like imbuing jewelery or something... 🤪

WoRG

Last edited:
LOL, never tried....took a tiny break from running to check, and nope, neither Crafted Khalim's Will or crafted throwing pots can be imbued in 1.07.... pretty sure not in 1.08 either, but I'll have to check that later....

Also, I haven't tried Khalim's Flail, I only had a crafted Will to check with...I'll try that later as well...

WoRG

Reactions: D2DC
Since it was requested in the Migration thread I will post the 1.10a/1.10s info here until the Time Travel Vortex guide catches up to the betas. I think it's an appropiate place since most people farm/rush in 1.07 instead of actually playing much of the betas themselves (except Hell Andariel).

Runewords

Both patches differ only in 4 runewords from 1.10 final, those are Crescent Moon, Bramble, Delirium and Call to Arms. The first three are the same in 1.10a and 1.10s and the fourth differs in that the 1.10s version requires the same runes as the 1.10f version whereas the 1.10a version does NOT require an Ohm and thus has to be made into 4os weapons and will NOT give the +50% Enhanced Damage from the Ohm rune. In all other aspects they are identical. Forwarding a 1.10a CtA to 1.10s+ does NOT work. It will lose all stats except the ones the runes give.

This is a complete list of differences between RWs, if it isn't on here then it's the same as in 1.10f+:
betaRW.png

Uniques

The changes in uniques are as follows: 1.10s=1.10f+ and 1.10a has two uniques with differing stats:
  • Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band: '+2 to all Skills' in 1.10a and '+1 to all Skills' in 1.10f+
  • Nosferatu's Coil: '+10% Life stolen per Hit' in 1.10a and '+(5-7)% Life stolen per Hit' in 1.10f+

Cube Recipes

Patch 1.10a has an early version of two cube recipes:
  • Any 3 Normal Gems + Any socketed Weapon -> Magic socketed weapon of the same type; ilvl=30; 1-6 os roll
  • Any 3 Flawless Gems + Any Magic Weapon -> Magic socketed weapon of the same type; ilvl=30; 1-6os roll
The game will roll 1-6 sockets but the result will be capped at whatever the maximum number of sockets for that item is (dependent on item type and item level) so only a few weapons will be able to get the full 6os with this, notably the War Staff/Rune Staff/Archon Staff line. All swords get 4os or less at ilvl=30.

Since the game rolls 1-6 instead of 1-(max # of sockets on item type) the chances of getting the maximum are higher than '1 in maximum', i.e. if you took a Phase Blade your chance of getting 4os are 3/6 because the os rolls 4, 5 and 6 are all capped to 4os when they occur.

In 1.10s+ these recipes are the same except for the fact that they roll 1-2 os instead of 1-6 os.

Also: 1.10a is the first patch with the unsocketing and socketing recipes as well as the recipes for upgrading runes higher than Ort. However, eth-bugging was not introduced until patch 1.11.

Chest Patterns

The patterns for all sparkly and superchest are the same in every patch 1.10a-1.12 so the same chances apply in all of these patches when e.g. running LK or RoF.

Hellforge

In 1.07-1.09 the HF rewards for NM and Hell are the same, so only runes up to Um. From 1.10a onwards the reward in Hell is a rune from Hel to Gul just like in modern. (and as always with the HF quest: all runes are equally likely, so a 1 in 11 chance for each)

Open Questions

Important questions that are not entirely clear to me:
  • How do you mule in 1.10a/1.10s? Is there a multi-instance .dll? Is it included in the trenshadow files?
  • I read this quote by @pharphis : 'I collected the forges in 1.10s itself. Some people do this in 1.10a then forward to 1.10s (requires an ATMA IV tool to convert items from 1.10a to 1.10s iirc) ' ; What does this mean? Can't you mule off the 1.10a runes via TC/IP to a 1.10a lvl 1 char and then open that lvl 1 char in 1.10s?
  • Has anyone ever tested whether a character that followed the 'Andariel quest-bugging' procedure (i.e. after first killing Andariel you take a TP home and talk to Warriv) in a patch 1.00-1.09 is actually quest bugged when forwarded to 1.10a?
The way I see it there is no need to 'mule' in 1.10s itself since you only ever visit that patch to make beta CtA, everything else that is interesting is in 1.10a. So to make beta CtA you send a mule with 5os weapon, Amn, Ral, Mal, Ist and Ohm to 1.10s and let him make the RW. Then you forward it to modern, mule off the item and delete the mule.

Did I miss anything?

Reactions: Fruit
I could easily be missing a method that works. It's been so long I don't remember. Maybe I just wanted to use muling software for some reason, and that was the only option. I can't remember, sorry.

I don't think I collected the hellforge quests in 1.10a, though. Perhaps that is why? I think I had a separate sorc for 1.10a for andy runs (to find +2 BKWB) and didn't want to multi-purpose the character or something

@art_vandelay There is no muling app for 1.10a...ATMA IV works for 1.10s, and the associated ATS tool converts items from 1.10a to 1.10s. I haven't had a working install of ATMA IV for about 8 years now, and I never actually used the ATS tool, so I don't really remember all the details...

I personally always just run MP games with multiple computers... I know there is a multi-instance .dll, but others will have to provide details. I mule the old fashioned way, and yes, putting items on a temp mule and forwarding him to the desired patch works and is how I do it. I reached the same conclusion as you and didn't really see much of a need to maintain much of a 'presence' in 1.10s, so almost all my 1.10beta mules and characters are in 1.10a

At the time I ran Andy in 1.10a for beta BKWB, it was not certain whether quest-bugging in a previous patch worked, so I forwarded a rushed and leveled sorc from 1.07 and quest-bugged her in 1.10a... It seems likely that someone has determined whether you can 'pre-bug' her...maybe @Helvete knows

@D2DC even better, do the rushes in 1.07 (faster, no blocking quests), collect the NM hellforge there for the potential crafting runes (bonus: use their socket quests in 1.07 for the extra potential), then forward the character to 1.10a/s for Hell hellforge collection (bonus2: use their imbues in a modern patch for the extra potential)...best of all worlds 😁 (you could even stuff their inventories with flawless gems/good bases prior to leaving 1.07 for rerolling in 1.10a...hey, they're going there anyway, right?)

WoRG

@WoRG you inspired me to look back into 1.07 as I had a barbarian I was using and a sorceress. To bad I can't find any of my old characters (yet, I know I stashed them somewhere, no pun intended)

Right now I'm in 1.00 to find some fancy boots because rares get magic affixes. But this got me curious, crafted boots in 1.07 also get magic affixes right? I took a *very* cursory glance at the guides/links in OP but did not see a list of affixes for 1.07. I'm just wondering will god tier 1.00 boots beat god tier 1.07 boots. I'm trying to make a boot that can reasonably be worn for MF with resists instead of War Travs.

My best is "nice" but not amazing imo. It could be an interesting alternate for CotD running for example. The boot can spawn with 3 resist, mf, frw, life/dex/str in ideal case. Would such a boot beat anything 1.07 can produce?

Attachments

• Screenshot8.jpg
    Screenshot8.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 34
The whole distinction between 'rare' and 'magic only' affixes was only invented in 1.07 where they also conveniently forgot to forbid 'magic only' affixes to spawn on crafts. (this was fixed in 1.08)

The short of it is this, Classic boots can spawn with up to 49% single resist (your boots have a perfect roll) and up to 119% Gold Find whereas the 1.07 versions are already toned down to the amounts we know today, i.e. 40% and 80% respectively. So Classic boots always beat 1.07+ boots in terms of resist and gold find.

Crafted boots will generally not be as good as rare ones since you only get 4 affixes so triple res and one of GF, MF, FHR or FRW is already a very tight fit. The only boot crafts that can be godly as well would be safety crafts in 1.08, those can spawn with high MDR and PDR, no other boots can get that in any version of the game. Those would probably be the ideal boots for Nihlathak runs (Vipers...).

Reactions: pharphis
I'll add that there are no +life or +STR affixes that can spawn on boots in 1.07+ (dunno about classic), though blood crafts always get +life...
+DEX is up to 15 (of Precision)
MF is up to 35% (of Luck, no MF prefixes on boots either)
FRW is up to 40% (I think classic is limited to 30%, but could be wrong)
+mana is up to 40, and caster boots can get up to 25 more...

If only 1.07 had safety boots enabled, THAT would be something...as mentioned, the iPDR/MDR is amazing (up to 15/10 on greater crafts)
@art_vandelay failed to mention, but Safety boots get automod FRez (10-20% lesser, 15-25% greater), so quad-rez boots are possible!!
Unfortunately, 1.08 loses blue only affixes, so max +9DEX, 25%MF, 30%FRW :cry:
...to add a bit of salt to the wound, in 1.08, there is a strong tendency for rolled affixes to overwrite automods instead of add to them, so if you rolled FRez, it would probably replace the automod FRez instead of adding them...

Adding in the fact that you can gamble rare boots in classic, but must find jewels and runes (and possibly bases) to craft (which is more work than just running for gold), I'd say classic is probably the better choice... but you certainly can craft some awesome boots in 1.07

WoRG

Last edited:
Life and strength both spawn in classic boots. What is the limiting consumable for crafting? If I ever get back to 1.07 I will be trying to craft some things, and don't want to "waste" ingredients on less important item slots.

If you roll MPK ring as a rare, and it has cold resist in addition to the cold resist that spawns from the recipe, does *all* of it become MPK? So a rare ring could have 60+ mpk? Does the cold resist from @ turn into MPK as well?

Attachments

• Screenshot9.jpg
    Screenshot9.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 22
For lesser crafts, its definitely the jewel, as Eld runes drop frequently (I'm assuming you would want fresh runes, so you could get ilvl91+ crafts to ensure 4 affixes...the highest alvl on boots is only 65 (of Transportation)), and boots(caster) and light plate boots(blood) are shoppable (though boots are not in Hell, so you may have to carry a pair in stash, or be prepared to gamble for them (still not hard, just kinda pricey))

For greater crafts, its either the base (caster takes wyrmhide boots, not shoppable and can't drop normally, must be racked or gambled) or the Sol rune (blood takes mirrored boots, which can be shopped (hell Jemala or Halbu, and Larzuk)

However, bases, jewels and gems (remember that any quality of gem works, they needn't be perfect) can be carried in stash...but if you want the highest possible ilvl on your crafts, you have to craft with a rune in the same game it dropped in, as it will lose its ilvl upon S&E, so in that sense, its always the rune that is hardest to get...

Crafting runes in 1.07: Eld/Sol for lesser/greater boots, Tir/Shae for lesser/greater gloves, Nef/Dol for belts, Hel for shields (no lesser shield recipe), Ith/Io(Po) for body armor, Ko for rings, Lum for amulets, Ort/Fal for weapons...

The ideal environment for crafting is actually an MP game, as when you get a crafting rune drop, you can then join with a character with the necessary base, jewel, and gem without having to tie up all that stash space

Not sure about the possible max on a rare MPK ring...while I've never rolled one with over 37MPK (the max on a magic), or seen someone else's, that doesn't mean its not possible to get more... given that 37 is >31(max value with 5bits), I suspect that up to 63 (max value with 6bits) could be possible, maybe more... and I have no clue if the CR from an @rez affix would be converted, either...

Edit: LOL, I very nearly said something about asking @Fruit to check on this... but he hasn't been active on the forums lately, so I let that lie...

WoRG

Last edited:
In 1.07 jewels are more rare than in later versions (they're 1,9 times more likely in 1.08+ then they are in 1.07) so if you want to do a lot of different crafts that's your common bottleneck for all of them.

Other than that due to the rune ilvl discovery the new 'crafting meta' is to always have the necessary gems, jewels and bases (unless they can be shopped/gambled for ingame) in your stash so that you can craft runes in the game you find them in. Some craft bases can only be found/racked so having those in stock is important, otherwise you might lose out on an ilvl 99 craft with a rare rune (i.e. all the greater crafting recipes).

Since you can't 'keep' runes for crafting in a later game they really aren't the bottleneck in 1.07 (and 1.08 as well), you just play with the right ingredients in your stash and once the desired rune drops you do your craft.

Common wisdom is that there are no rings with more than 37 MPK. Motivated people like @galaxyhaxz and @Fruit have looked into affix merging (misleading term) trying to find out everything that can merge and something like what you're proposing would have caught their attention for sure. :D

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High