Pure Diablo Forum Mafia Game #1 [Game over, mafia win]

@D2DC why were your posts becoming more and more incoherent as time went on? I can only surmise that you're desperately trying to convince Pyro because logic is against you.
Because I am trying to make.sure.TOWN doesnt lose.

I did say I was going to go to sleep and I really do mean that.

@Gorny happy to end early once Pyro votes.

@ioupain I think you are free to go to bed. I understand that the time difference is rough. There is a full day phase unless Gorny says otherwise.

I dont think Ive ever played as Mafia with an ACTIVE PR. Seen GF etc with PASSIVE power. No idea if a player gets to target with their active power AND perform NK on the same night?

That is the most reasonable explanation Ive found so far. Never seen Strongman, OR Vanillaizer before..

Not sure how relevant this is to you @Pyrotechnician, but just to let you know, my mind was pretty blown when Prestige flipped town. And, this is how I saw the game playing out:

1. You are scum. Quite surprising to me, because we were the two trying to get town's shit together. Now, you know doc and cop, but your only option is to target me. Noodle investigates (and possibly gets town result because of GF). I figured Noodle could just say whatever he wants though, and claim you came back as mafia.
2. Noodle was playing some next level mind games. Somehow, (because of my fishing) he knew that I was PR (but, not a cop). Knowing that mafia had no PRs, he could assume there was no THIRD PR, and therefore NO cop, and he could safely false claim. I even had a last minute idea that I should protect you last night. Figuring, if scenario #1, youre NK me anyway, so it doesnt matter who I heal. However, if Noodle was really pulling this off, hes gonna NK you, knowing Iou is gonna be all over me today. It seems a bit risky, but would have prevented a Noodle masterclass..

I actually got online earlier this eveningto PM about the possibility of changing my heal target tonight when I got the message about being vanillaized. At that point, I figured Noodle must be some sort of PR absorber or something. Then I see the game thread that Noodle got NK.. Gorny is just bouncing my head all over the place right now.. o_O

tenor.gif

I think I need to think this all through...

Honestly I figured the game was "mostly" done as well. The thing is with mafia games is its never over until its actually over. Which, while the high fives were nice, were probably a little early for celebration. I figured worst case Prestige flipped town, ok no big deal, Noodle investigates whoever he investigates and shares the result assuming that you protect Noodle since Noodle had a town result on you and you claimed doc. Noodle makes it through the night, he shares his result, if he investigated the person and got a scum result, perfect, game is over, and town wins. All good. If he got a town result then there would ultimately be a godfather argument because that would be scums only defense.

Noodle ending up dead and you claiming vanilla something or other threw a huge giant wrench in it. Based on your link you are right, it appears to be an actual role, just one I've never actually seen in use before in the games I've played on the old site. IOUpain coming straight out of the gate and laying down the vote on you was aggressive and I did the same but realized that was probably not the best move since we have a full day and figuring out what actually happened would probably be better than just straight up voting and letting it ride for the full day phase.

Gotta say well played to @ioupain. I cut you too much slack for your first game! Although I think you made a mistake last night.. I still dont quite know about this mysterious vanillaizer, but of the 3 explanations, you having it as a PR makes the most sense to me.. You could have just vanillaized Noodle if you were worried about his investigation. I think I was your best option to NK. Both Noodle and Pyro had gone through the game without too much scrutiny. I think a case against either would have been believable. You only needed to convince one or the other. You could have just kept acting like the innocent VT with a difficult final day decision to make. Let them battle it out against each other. But, now youve put yourself into the battlefield, your case against mine.

Being in a battlefield with D2DC sounds like no fun in anyway possible. I'm going back through some of yesterdays post to see if I can't pull together a reasonable assessment.

Now I know you're lying, thanks, that's made my next vote very easy.

Pull the other one.

Unvote: Pyrotechnician

Vote: D2DC

By the way, you gave yourself away, there were only meant to be 2 mafia in this game and zemaj was already identified as a mafia, so your lies got the better of you.

So yesterday, ioupain identified that D2DCs slip was that there were only meant to be 2 mafia in the game and thats why he switched his vote from me to D2DC. D2DC ultimately unvoted ioupain because of this because and he chalked up the previous scummy vibe to general mafia inexperience. I'm not sure I remember there being any post that confirmed there was only meant to be 2 mafia in the game? Could someone point me to it if it was? Granted it makes sense given the size of the game but I'm not sure this was a hard fact. Probably just poor wording choice but scum generally let slip things the actual know to be fact through their posts. This could also point to someone new trying to grab on to a fail safe reason to lynch someone should they turn up town?

Focus shifted after that point once D2DC and prestige interacted, and prestige, well, did his thing. Noodle eventually claimed and D2DC quickly followed with a claim of doc.

I'm Vanilla Town if that wasn't obvious.

Unvote: D2DC
Vote: Prestige7

Ioupain claims vanilla town, and swaps the vote from D2DC to Prestige. Given based on Prestige's activity I think we can agree the choice was obvious, but it made for a convenient easy switch that wouldn't need explanation and it was done pretty quick after the noodle/d2dc claim.

Fast forward to today, Ioupain comes straight out and lays a vote on D2DC. Claims D2DC is not the doc, and I agree based on first glance that would make sense and I followed suit because why the hell would Noodle die if D2DC did what he claimed he would do? Only thing I could think of is since D2DC claimed doc and then took the risk to not protect Noodle and maybe self protected, but he already stated he definitely protected Noodle in his flurry of posts so maybe that is where he slipped here since he was in such a hurry to defend himself against Ioupains vote? Noodle claimed he investigated D2DC and got an innocent result, and noodle died and is confirmed town cop, so I'm having a really hard time getting past that. Looking at it this one way its possible D2DC was really vanilla ice cream caked by iou and thought going hard at D2DC from the start was the right move? Take away doc power and then go after doc for not protecting cop? Seems like a straight forward move, but seems gutsy for someone new. One other possibility is that D2DC could be godfather and he did mention godfather in a previous post when he claimed he was doc:

Thank you Noodle. Obviously I am not a cop. I am doctor. I did not want to reveal first, because it would be too easy for mafia to make a second (or preemptive) cop claim. Then, we wouldnt know which one to believe.

I am wondering if ther is a GF with all towns PRs. Either way, pretty sure Prestige is our scum.

Once again going back to the "scum sometimes slip things they know to be true", so why mention godfather offhand like that, possibly a slip? But then why claim doctor if he already was found innocent, maybe to further solidify his town claim? One thing I could see is that D2DC wanted to know what power roles he was dealing with going into the night and then when noodle finally claimed he needed a reason to justify pushing so hard for role reveals, although I do kind of agree that yesterday was the day to claim. D2DC has been playing fairly aggressively given a doc claim, although if he could self protect then that could maybe justify it? But then why kill Noodle and claim to be vanilla ice cream cake whatever? Why not just kill someone other than Noodle and ride noodles results to a win? Maybe he wanted to avoid the situation where Noodle would come back with an innocent claim because D2DC is godfather and he didn't want to have it be a "possible godfather" argument and I've mostly agreed with some of D2DCs decisions this game so maybe he thought it would be easy to get ioupain lynched if I went along with him? This does seem kind of like a flare D2DC might go for, and maybe ioupains vote straight from the start tipped D2DC off his scum game.

This is a rough one, I've seen iou as mostly scum all game, and I'm not sure if I can chalk everything up to being new. I've seen D2DCs play as mostly town and he was confirmed town by noodle, but godfather seems like a much more standard role and would make sense given the presence of a cop.

18. Disclosure:: This game is normal, here are no wierd mod mechanics or hidden things happening.

@Pyrotechnician here's where Gorny explains my earlier point about how this was a normal game.

Some observations:
  1. You don't think it is a little strange that D2DC spent most of his time trying to get everyone to self identify their roles?
  2. He's claimed every role under the sun by now.
  3. As soon as Noodle was identified as a cop (at the incessant pestering of D2DC) he dies, despite D2DC saying he was going to protect Noodle - an obvious ploy in hindsight
  4. Both Zemaj and D2DC went straight after Noodle on day 1 hot off the gates with 0 information at that point, possibly assuming people wouldn't pick up on the Mafia read of that move - I did pick up on it and I was right.
Now for the crazy:
  1. I'd never heard of a Vanillaiser, but when D2DC mentioned it I Googled it in 5 seconds and knew he was BSing us. Why the hell did he take 40 mins to research and find the answer before posting a link? What was with all the faux confusion, increasingly random posts, throwing out that I thought he was X,Y or Z?
  2. He has now twice tried to appeal to you - he said he healed you first night (yeah right), he is also trying to leverage a Shaftstop and Insight (weak)
  3. For me, this post was the biggest giveaway seeing as I had completely forgotten that some roles existed (i.e. forgot about Godfather - having only briefly skimmed the roles before playing), but he let slip the truth I think:
    He invest me as town. Unless you think I am Godfather, and made up.that whole bit about doctor?
Assuming we take Noodle at his word, he investigated D2DC and he came back as Town, then D2DC is a Godfather and then the simplest story makes sense. D2DC killed Noodle after he got everyone to reveal themselves - going after the only other person with any power.

Or you can believe the more convoluted version in which D2DC was a Doctor, someone else has a Vanillaiser role that they neglected to use the whole game, while D2DC neglected to use his doctor role the whole game, but both of which suddenly got used as soon as Noodle was identified? This version also D2DC clutching at any and all straws.

The reason I voted straight away after this latest night phase was because I came to the simple conclusion: If Noodle dies, then D2DC didn't protect him and is Mafia and I had read D2DC as mafia from day 1.

You don't think it is a little strange that D2DC spent most of his time trying to get everyone to self identify their roles?
This is not true. D1 I was just trying to whip the town together to make sure we avoided a no-lynch. But, yes D2 I tried everything under the sun to get a town PR to come forward KNOWING I CAN PROTECT THEM. I agreed with Pyro's long analysis about why it was possibly better for a cop/tracker to wait until today to come forward. But, he didn't KNOW there was a doc in the game.
He's claimed every role under the sun by now.
Also not true. I made my ridiculous cop claim to try to draw out the real cop, and now the TRUTH. I don't claim to know what happened last night, I am just guessing. And yea, I didn't find this strongman/vanillaizer right away, because I DIDN'T KNOW what I was looking for.

* note * Early in the game, you tried to twist what I said as well. Again, I ask, where did I DEFEND Zemaj?
Both Zemaj and D2DC went straight after Noodle on day 1 hot off the gates with 0 information at that point, possibly assuming people wouldn't pick up on the Mafia read of that move
This is actually a huge tell that I and Zemaj were NOT working together. Mafia do not come straight out and work together in concert, laying down the first two votes on someone, trying to get a train going. They tend to lay in wait, see which way the suspicion is pointing, sneak their votes in unnoticed.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High