The PvP Thread

Fun games yesterday, thanks guys. Very balanced and back and forth FFAs!

@Miron regarding Griefs, like I said I don't have any spare BAs with the right IAS amount for WW, still looking to roll more of those myself. But I do have some 15+ Grief PBs that I don't use, let me know if you want some of them, your Paladins will have some use for them perhaps.

Good games today with FFS, Bowa vs VT.

@ffs a vid on your VT would be very nice. Also if you can recommend me the software, maybe I could make some vids as well.

I use OBS, I think most people do, definitely recommended.

GGs today. Playing your bowa is always great namelock practice with that crazy desynch and run speed. Catching her is even more difficult with this char. Not only is chaining harder with left click attack, but the amount of skill switching on both mouse buttons really takes a lot of practice and muscle memory. I'm slowly getting the hang of it, but still dropping the ball really often... walking around getting slaughtered for 5 seconds before hitting the right hotkey or realizing my FoH doesn't go off etc. ;)

Video below. I was planning on recording anyway and apparently I already was when you asked me to, then pressed the record button again in OBS... which made it stop recording, right before you went on a winning streak, sorry! :D But I guess it still shows how gameplay looks like if things go right, and I moved some of the better rounds (from my perspective) to the beginning of the vid. At 0:25 there's a good example of the Smite/FoH chain shenanigans.

Well played.

In some duels you have turned on 'run'. Maybe that's a cause of some drop in performance?

Also there wasn't much 'charge/smite' chaining as we already discussed. That always gives me a lot of problems. Both @Miron and @maxicek do it well. Grip does an example in the second part of the video here.

I was experimenting with walking vs running and was mostly on 'run'. Idea being to get a little wiggle room after jumping you and increase chances to land a Smite while you're moving away. I'm undecided yet but it seemd 'run' was fine, because whenever I'm not close to you, I felt it's better to always teleport anyway (i.e. blocking). Yesterday I mostly used Grief BA (rather than PB + 75% FCR) for the same reason, to slightly increase odds of catching you in close encounters when I jump and you run away.

Whenever I used charge more, I died more :D but yeah, probably just a matter of using it correctly. Problem is with 25% block vs your 75% block (and charge being blockable) I can quickly kill myself, especially when desynching. It hadn't occurred to me to play "by sound" to deal with desynch issues like you mentioned, I'll give that a try next time. There are certainly situations where charging is good, just takes experience to know when to use it I guess.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High