The PvP Thread

Good games today.

I tried to record a video but it didn't work out - it's choppy. I'll check some tutorials and will try to tune it out. Maybe next time.

GGs, thanks guys!

@Delsy shame about OBS, hope you get it to work until our next session. I'm really interested in seeing your perspective as bowa. There are still many situations where I have no clue what is really happening due to desynch or how exactly I was losing a round.

So far my conclusion is using FoH while you're running away is very important and I'm often too slow. Early on I did it often and won often, later I tried the direct charge or smite more often and pretty much always lost. ;) But seeing your perspective would be awesome.

@Miron Grief makes your Pally a lot scarier. :) In 1v1 VT vs VT I think you're just lacking life and DR. You said you had 3.2k life and 30% DR which is a bit low. I have around 3.8-4k without Oak depending on setup, with strength for CoA.

Shako setup should result in higher life. Care to share your build, setup, inventory etc?

Here's the highest life / Shako setup I could find while theorycrafting for VT. Below screenshot is with Spirit for some FCR/FHR and around 4.8k life without oak.

1661158201925.png

I prefer CoA for VT but I was thinking about building another (more "pure") Smiter with the above. I would use Nature's Peace as default, replacing BKWB with it results in ~5.9k life with the above setup. >6k life is possible with HoZ instead of Spirit, and when Ber'ed can get him to 49% DR as welll if you don't care about FCR/FHR. (With lower clvl life amounts change accodignly of course, but e.g. at lvl 92 it's still 4.5-4.6k without oak.)

I will post his equipment later/tomorrow will be glad to hear some suggestions for improvment.

My OBS issue will most likely be the hardware, since my computer is quite old and mediocre. Too bad.

@ffs in what state is your bowazon? I could make a VT and we can switch roles.

Also, I'm still pondering 1.14 bowa. It might not be as hopeless considering two points:

BO - I use lvl 16. You can get lvl 13 from the cube in 1.14 (cta, Mara, 2x SoJ, Arach). That should do the job. Additionally, casting from the stash can get you a total of lvl 19 (+shako, enigma, spirit). The drawback would be the pre-casting time. I use 1 piece from the stash, which should be possible to match time-wise with 5 pieces from the cube. Btw I always try to pre-cast as fast as possible. Please give me some feedback if it still feels too long.

LF - A powerful attack which doesn't suffer in 1.14, since +dmg doesn't work with throws. I was surprised how effective it was the last time.

What do you think?

OBS has a lot of settings you can play around with, perhaps you can try lowering the quality settings in some way? I've been using it for years to record D2 including on older computers and never had any issues that couldn't be resolved.

You should make a VT anyway, I'm having lots of fun with him and it's challenging gameplay, I'm sure you'll enjoy it too.

But regarding my bowa I'm not too enthusiastic about tweaking/playing her at the moment tbh. As for BO yes I could get it higher, but I don't like precasting too much and in fact carried demon limb in cube as well so that I don't have to visit the stash every time. But life is not the big problem anyway, she's around 2.8-3k life with cube-precast which is OK I guess. Problem is my damage sucks and I think she's really lacking FRW/desynch. Most of our 1v1 games are decided based on how often I manage to grab namelocks on your bowa, and FRW/desynch is a decisive factor in whether that happens or not. :) So I feel mine is not only weak offensively, but also much easier prey when chasing her.

1.07 dmg charms do help LF as well, it increases the physical dmg and CS/DS also appliy. It's the physical damage that hurts me, in particular when I'm charging (and not blocking) at you like an idiot. ;) Perhaps you're thinking of Lighting Bolt, which converts phys dmg and cannot be blocked.

Your precasting time is totally fine, no worries!

No. + to min and max dmg do not work with throws of any kind, including LF. It's a bug in the game. Basically dmg charms and WT are good only for GA.

Pre-casting is very annoying, agreed. I carry TP scrolls in the belt just to speed things up. Maybe using cube BO as a default and having a stash option for hard/long duels is the way to go.

FRW/desynch is super important. 135 frw on the bow switch should be minimum IMO. Much harder to reach without 07 Mavina and Valks Wing, but it can be done.

Dmg is a problem in 1.14. Bowa wins on accumulation though, so in theory it'll just have to take a little longer. :cool:

I should have necessary items to put up something decent and I really want to see if it works. All this 1.14 transformation has been a lot of fun so far.

No. + to min and max dmg do not work with throws of any kind, including LF. It's a bug in the game. Basically dmg charms and WT are good only for GA.
That's news to me, couldn't find anything on this... can you point me to where that is explained? Not that it matters much but I'm curious.

Looking forward to what you come up with for bowa in 1.14, maybe I can also build mine in a better way at some point. I do have options to improve FRW actually, including a nice circlet. It's mostly just that resists would go down the drain and would have to be covered via swap gear if needed. But maybe that is just the tradeoff for 1.14 SP bowa...

Good games today.

I tried to record a video but it didn't work out - it's choppy. I'll check some tutorials and will try to tune it out. Maybe next time.
I have quite old PC as well (from 2012), with specs just below D2R minimum specs and OBS was choppy at first. If you use software instead of hardware encoding it works much better and it removed the choopines of the video, while recording 1.14 footage.

@lizard Thanks. The coding was software already. I've lowered every settings I could find and understand, even disabled the audio. I'll give it another go and see how it goes.

@ffs I can't point you anywhere. I discovered the bug by chance when I was making a PvP throw barb.

Bowa is looking good with 2.5k Life (cube BO - lvl 13), 3.2k with Oak.

Res is max, DR is at 50% with Dungo/Storm, FRW's at 135 on the bow switch.

GA damage is ~495 (with Gores and 44 max dmg from inventory, including CS/DS). With WT it's ~542, but I want to try the LF heavy approach with Gores first.

@Delsy previously you had 700 dmg without CS/DS right? :D Still, looking forward to playing. For comparison, according to my spreadsheet, my current bowazon has around 400/700 dmg with/without CS/DS, max resist with Kira, 2.3/3k (oak) life and 120/150 FRW. I was thinking about putting on a circlet with skills, frw, and 2x IAS/ED jewels, mavinas belt and perhaps faster boots as well (using WT).

As mentioned before I'll generally try to get in some MFO runs this weekend and the next, but would be up for a couple of PvP games anyway.

Let me know if anyone is interested. Today works for me at least for a little while. Tomorrow no chance, Sunday perhaps.

I will be able to join but later, in about an hour or hour and half from this post

@ffs yes I've made a mistake before computing dmg. Most likely I missed the dmg from Fana, since I remember including CS/DS. This time the numbers are right. If you have ~700 with CS/DS, you have to have some nice sharp charms.

Kira's hard to beat considering we need a lot of res and it also frees a slot for a stat-ring. I know Grip uses Aldur boots, but he also has 07 charms so it's hard to compare. You are a spreadsheet guy so you may discover an ideal option.

I can play Saturday, Sunday and maybe even Monday.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High