The PvP Thread

Well played both of you. Did the listening to the sounds improve anything in a VT vs Bowa matchup? That duel desynchs a lot so I think it should be useful.

Considering 1.14 Bowa, it's working so far. I use a little less FRW and also less FHR. I'm thinking about improving the latter, since when Bowa gets to the FHR lock vs Charge/Smite, it's downhill from there. Also before I was geared to counter 10% slow. Now both my GA and LF are 1 frame slower once hit with slow. That's quite significant. Otherwise I'm very happy about how it went. Duels with other classes should show if it's viable.

Reactions: Miron
GGs yesterday, thanks guys and sorry for leaving early, I'm just trying to focus on MFO this week with limited time. Coupled with busy RL these days, it's hard to find time for all the D2 projects. :)

@Delsy I'm not sure about the implicatoins mostly because I played terribly yesterday, I think I managed to grab a namelock after 5% of my stomps at most :D so it's hard to compare. Plus you play bowa better than I play VT so it's hard to say. If execution is not on point, the matchup feels tough for VT in general. Failing to namelock = death, pretty much. Then again I was surprised how charging got me a couple of kills when it never seemed to work before, I still lack a "feel" as for when desynch is happening and what I should be doing in which situation.

Next time I can pick a build which has a better (or at least easier to execute) matchup vs bowazon, so we can see how much of a difference 1.14 gear makes for her.

GG's today with @ffs . I like how 1.14 bowa performs and you may correct me if you think otherwise, but I think she is viable. Cube BO was enough so far, but full stash BO would be required against her counters in BvA and MB Trap. Mainly because of the length of the duels.

All my chars are 1.14 now. Combined with Mirs and especially Ffs' characters, we may draw a pretty good picture of the 1.14 PvP SP landscape. There are some weak matchups, but generally all 7 classes are viable. That is great, since anyone can pick their favourite class and be effective with it.

I liked this 1.14 journey past the several months. I think I answered most of my questions and what remains is just to enjoy the game whenever I feel like it, if there's anyone to play with. @Miron and @ffs , what are your thoughts? Do you have any unanswered questions? What are your plans? I'd like to know where you are at.

GGs and agreed, your bowa seemed fine with 1.14 gear. Kudos for limiting yourself to those items and still winning a good amount of uphill matchups!

I am in a similar place with my PvP characeters, I consider the “main cast” finished more or less. I may try farming upgrades such as caster amulets here and there, but odds of finding any are small and they'd be small min-maxing things rather than major upgrades. So yeah, I also plan to just play the characters I have for now. Some of them such as Barb barely saw any action, so lots of things to do still even when not building characters. :)

I should be able to play again today, around the same time as yesterday.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High