The PvP Thread

Good games yesterday.

I realised the importance of FRW for all chars not only Amazon. Mainly against Trap but against Wind as well. I will definitely rebuild Nec with Aldurs boots and aim for ~100 FRW.

If there's a game today I'll play.

Yeah, I didn't have Aldur's stashed and felt it vs Druid. Generally I was somwhat surprised how our Druids killed our Necros, I had always figured the matchup was rather balanced. But some tweaks in setups should make a difference.

Looks like I can also play today, around 8-9pm should work on my end.

Btw does anyone have thoughts on this pelt which I found in my stashes:

Not great for Windy as it lacks + Tornado, just wondering whether the visionary (AR) mod and 2 sockets for Shaels or Bers perhaps make it useful for some melee or other Druid build...
Screenshot252.jpg

Fun games last week with @Miron and @ffs .

FFS gave my Bow a tough time with his MB Trap, so I checked if I could improve on something. For some reason I had way too much FRW and didn't have max CS. I did a quick rebuild and here's the result:

- 574~ GA PvP damage at Max res@ (it was below 500 before, so a big improvement)
- 9775 AR Multishot lvl 23 (with Demons Limb)
- 147/177 FRW
- 32 FHR
- 2337 HP (lvl 16 BO), 2938 with Oak (Natures Peace)
- D/A/E is 49/63/54 (Bow)
- Gear:
Faith MB 1/15
Eth Titans / SS '15 res@ -req'
07 Valk '14 res@ 9 Max'
Forti
2/20 Passive KB gloves
07 Mavina belt
WT
Cats Eye, RF, Natures Peace

How about games this weekend? @frozzzen you weren't here for a while. Are you still OK with hosting? I'd play if there's a game.

Last edited:
Reactions: ffs
@Miron my man. A word of advice on a Kicksin.

What you basically do is make a W/S Trap using Shadow Dancers or upped Gores and channel some points from MB or a synergy to DT to reach 3-4 kicks (you can use FFS's W/S Trap as an example from his characters thread here).

Kick is a secondary attack. You wouldn't want to build a pure Kick. It simply wont work. If you want a pure melee Sin, do it with WW.

Had a lot of fun today. See you all next time.

GGs!

Yeah also I thought about trying kicker, sounds fun. So far I figured WW/Trap hybrid kinda serves the same purpose, and WW just seems more suited for PvP than native Sin melee skills. I was planning to have her done by now, but I'm slow with leveling the character, 93 currently. Want to get to at least 94-95 I think. Maybe I'll find the time for some Baal sessions and bring her next time.

Playing Ghost earlier was fun, and made it obvious I have lots of room for improvement when it comes to playing WW characters. Apart from hybrid Sin, I also want to give Barb a proper shot.

@Delsy I'm not giving up yet :) but seriously, I read an interesting guide about pure kicksin that I want to try and if it won't work then I will rebuild to kick/trap.

I won't be able to play today, going out with friends.
Tomorrow or Sunday for me.

We had a nice few duels with @ffs today via Hamachi. The connection seemed OK and I'm glad it worked. We can test it out further at Sunday together with @Miron .

Yeah Hamachi seems to be a good option for when Max and Froz are not around.

Nice games yesterday with @Delsy. BvC vs Bowazon was rough but also fun. :) While it would be nice to get more players like the full 7-8 player games we had for a while, having usually 2-3 people playing in recent weeks is nice to get some experience with melee builds. I had a much harder time with those in FFAs with big groups.

Today I'm out but like I said I'll try to be back tomorrow, should be able to make it around 9-9:30pm CET.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High